Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Don't worry, the law of conservation of diversity is fully in effect! Take one/give one! The ORIGINAL X-MEN #1 (2023)(one-shot) out in December is set to strand one member of the Time-Displaced 05 in 'the world we know', and the safe bet is it will be the young version of the current adult Iceman.
    Is there even any difference between teen Iceman and arrested development Iceman?

BANNED

The ORIGINAL X-MEN #1 (2023)(one-shot) out in December is set to strand one member of the Time-Displaced 05 in 'the world we know', and the safe bet is it will be the young version of the current adult Iceman.
    Hmm... How would that even be possible unless teen Bobby somehow returns to the present-day Earth-616 alone?

What an embarrassing moment!
    I think I mixed Judah and Romeo up and made them one person instead of two. I do remember well the first because he's in the issue with the Champions reunion (I adore that two-issues arch, the Warren/Bobby moments were special and you got a brilliant-written sense of camaraderie from the Champions) and for some reason I decided it was the same person that dated a generic teen+old!Bobby. For Judah to date both Bobby would've been a bit... cringe. Ah ah.
    (I think I mixed them up because, while I read the full series for the teen!O5, I didn't follow adult!Bobby life besides the Champions-related issues)

And please, no teen!Bobby. He was an idiot (I say this with fondness).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I think its just as likely to be young Hank. It really only makes sense to be young Bobby if current Bobby dies at the end of this arc and I'm actually thinking its more likely going to be Romeo who dies given how much focus he's been getting, with Bobby having to pull himself together and survive on his own to carry on their fight rather than it being the end of both of them, etc, etc. The heavy Romeo focus is very much giving me 'this is a doomed love interest we are trying to make you care about so his death makes you sad' vibes.
    With OG Iceman at last returning(he's already back in the guise of another!) as the DRAGON in the story Iceman fans have been waiting 40 YEARS for(longer if you count the fan theory starting during the original Phoenix saga, but nothing on the page for it until the first Iceman miniseries in 1984. The 40th anniversary is next year and also the Chinese Year of the Dragon. What synergy!) It was likely that the current Adult Iceman wasn't going to stick around. Fans have known since the Past Lives arc in Old Man Logan that he was from Old Man Logan's timeline, not the 616, even though there was a five page thread here on CBR that concluded writer Jeff Lemire just forgot what version of Wolverine he was writing(which is ridiculous and just goes to show the lengths some fans will go to to avoid seeing the obvious).

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hmm... How would that even be possible unless teen Bobby somehow returns to the present-day Earth-616 alone?
    He may be the only survivor. I'm starting to suspect that the other Time-Displaced 05 will all die. What impact that will have on their adult versions and the timeline I don't know. But this is not the 616 and hasn't been at least since the TD-05 showed up in the present.

BANNED

He may be the only survivor. I'm starting to suspect that the other Time-Displaced 05 will all die. What impact that will have on their adult versions and the timeline I don't know. But this is not the 616 and hasn't been at least since the TD-05 showed up in the present.
    Hmm... That's not the takeaway I came away with...

Last edited by Micabe; 10-21-2023 at 08:10 PM.

BANNED

Extermination #5

Based on this issue I was under the distinct impression that the teen O5 and the adult O5 were proven to be one and the same.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-21-2023 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Extermination #5

Based on this issue I was under the distinct impression that the teen O5 and the adult O5 were proven to be one and the same.
    Oh, they absolutely are the same people. But none of them are the versions that fans had been reading about in the decades prior.

Simple example: Kitty Pryde recently readopted her old moniker, Shadowkat. Spelled with a 'K' the same way she always spelled it.

Except you and I both remember a Kitty Pryde who spelled it Shadowcat, with a 'C', not a 'K'. Current Kitty doesn't remember it that way.

There has been a lot of that stuff going on in ways large and small since the TD-05 arrived. Fans chalk it up to mistakes and incompetence and bizarre whims of writers, artists and editors. I call it something else. The ConspiraXcy - (For Whom Eva Bell Tolls)

BANNED

I think I'll roll with the writer, letterer, and editor's incompetence because the mistakes are oh so glaringly obvious.

Spectacular Member

why is bobby wearing a sex harness? Are they going to put a gimp mask or a rainbow thong on me eventually?...so cliche.

Cliche? Have you ever met a recently out, attractive, extroverted, fit, white gay man who lives in a major city?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    why is bobby wearing a sex harness? Are they going to put a gimp mask or a rainbow thong on me eventually?...so cliche.
    Sex harness? Where (title and issue please) did you see teen Bobby wearing a sex harness?