Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Can someone please bring Pryor down a peg or two. I kinda want it to be a one-two punch of both Ben and Peter... God, I'm tired of her.
    She feels like the negative stereotype of girlbosses.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Can someone please bring Pryor down a peg or two. I kinda want it to be a one-two punch of both Ben and Peter... God, I'm tired of her.
    You might get your wish in Dark X-Men #4. That's where The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly makes his big reappearance, in which I am hoping he says of Pryor and Orchis, "A plague on both your houses."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You mean Wells is writing a female character as unsympathetic? Nooooo!!!!
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

I'm not on board with Rek-Rap. Send him back to limbo at best. I have no interest in Bizarro Spider-Man. That's who he is. They should have just called him Nam-Redips!

the Limbo consulate is a lingering super-weird thing. I just don't get what it adds long-term. Madelyne Pryor is no innocent at this point. I have no interest in her as an anti-hero, either.

seems like a lot of characters are written to be arbitrarily caustic towards Spider-Man "because reasons" regardless of context or no provocation. Ah well. strange.

issue reveals that Randy is working with Luke to get rid of the vigilante law. Silvermane is telling Hammerhead that the Maggia is coming back. Maddy creates a new Limbo creature who is supposed to take back Rek-rap and the other Limbo monsters who escape. Somehow Rek-Rap investigation lead him to Peter apartment they are then attack by the Dr Ock limbo monster but Maddie new monster appears and takes Dr Ock. he was about to take Rek-rap but Peter saved him. the Limbo monster knows Peter, Peter is surprised but he and Rek rap run away.

I'm assuming the new Limbo monster is the debt collector that Maddie and Ben killed at the start of Dark Web
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    issue reveals that Randy is working with Luke to get rid of the vigilante law. Silvermane is telling Hammerhead that the Maggia is coming back. Maddy creates a new Limbo creature who is supposed to take back Rek-rap and the other Limbo monsters who escape. Somehow Rek-Rap investigation lead him to Peter apartment they are then attack by the Dr Ock limbo monster but Maddie new monster appears and takes Dr Ock. he was about to take Rek-rap but Peter saved him. the Limbo monster knows Peter, Peter is surprised but he and Rek rap run away.

I'm assuming the new Limbo monster is the debt collector that Maddie and Ben killed at the start of Dark Web
    Yea definitely seems like it’s that guy though I really gotta wonder how he recognizes Peter when he’s suited up as Spider-Man.

The legendary villain the Debt Collector is showing back up as a demon !?

In all seriousness, I get that Wells tries to cater the arc/tone to the artist but there's so much emotional whiplash across this run.

Also I just want to see everything go wrong for Maddie at this point.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

In all seriousness, I get that Wells tries to cater the arc/tone to the artist but there's so much emotional whiplash across this run.

In terms of tone. The solicits say: "Spider-Man has never gone this dark. Now the consequences are unraveled. Will New York ever look at him the same way again?" Like that implies a pretty dark tone for the issue. But if anyone has read it, they know that the tone of this issue is decidedly not that at all. It is much more humorous and Rek-Rap focused. (Not that I'm complaining, cause the idea of more dark spider-man at this point was legitimately depressing)

But also I feel like the tone is able to shift so much cause the character writing does a lot of telling rather than showing. So like we had this big dark arc before this, and the characters basically say "everything is ok now" and the story acts like that is 100% true. There is no follow up on the consequences of Peter's actions b/c Norman said people will think a venom did it. And there is no consequences in his personal life because MJ said it was ok and they're friends. None of that really felt earned, but they said it happened so that's the new status quo. (But again Idk if I could have managed reading so much about these consequences anyways so like it's whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    In terms of tone. The solicits say: "Spider-Man has never gone this dark. Now the consequences are unraveled. Will New York ever look at him the same way again?" Like that implies a pretty dark tone for the issue. But if anyone has read it, they know that the tone of this issue is decidedly not that at all. It is much more humorous and Rek-Rap focused. (Not that I'm complaining, cause the idea of more dark spider-man at this point was legitimately depressing)

But also I feel like the tone is able to shift so much cause the character writing does a lot of telling rather than showing. So like we had this big dark arc before this, and the characters basically say "everything is ok now" and the story acts like that is 100% true. There is no follow up on the consequences of Peter's actions b/c Norman said people will think a venom did it. And there is no consequences in his personal life because MJ said it was ok and they're friends. None of that really felt earned, but they said it happened so that's the new status quo. (But again Idk if I could have managed reading so much about these consequences anyways so like it's whatever)
    I’m still confounded Peter let them blame a current 12 year old child for his actions…
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

This issue was genuinely funny lmao, I like when Limbo Ock appeared behind Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I’m still confounded Peter let them blame a current 12 year old child for his actions…
    You mean Dylan? Peter doesn’t even know he’s Venom
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

My initial thought reading this issue was "Are they deliberately trying to make Maddie as insufferable as possible?"

Lady, it wasn't Chasm's invasion of New York. It was yours. Second, don't try to belittle somebody that's there to talk to you in good faith. Third, Luke Cage is right about your people being dicks.

How isn't everybody pointing out what an arrogant, hypocritical lowlife she is? She attacks the city, blames a brain-damaged person she took advantage of for the crime and now is being condescending to the mayor of the city she attacked when her people are causing problems?

I feel weird being so mad at a fictional character, but they make her so obnoxiously horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    My initial thought reading this issue was "Are they deliberately trying to make Maddie as insufferable as possible?"

Lady, it wasn't Chasm's invasion of New York. It was yours. Second, don't try to belittle somebody that's there to talk to you in good faith. Third, Luke Cage is right about your people being dicks.

How isn't everybody pointing out what an arrogant, hypocritical lowlife she is? She attacks the city, blames a brain-damaged person she took advantage of for the crime and now is being condescending to the mayor of the city she attacked when her people are causing problems?

I feel weird being so mad at a fictional character, but they make her so obnoxiously horrible.
    I mean, she's been pretty much like that since Dark Web, at least when Wells writes her. But I guess it's meant to make her come across as "badass" that she doesn't take @#$% from anyone even when she deserves it.

I mean, she's been pretty much like that since Dark Web, at least when Wells writes her. But I guess it's meant to make her come across as "badass" that she doesn't take @#$% from anyone even when she deserves it.
    Wells does not have a stellar reputation for writing female characters respectfully as sympathetic rounded characters or as interesting in themselves.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Wells does not have a stellar reputation for writing female characters respectfully as sympathetic rounded characters or as interesting in themselves.
    Though to be fair there's some precedent of Maddie being unapologetic and self-involved in other books