Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I just wish Peter would whack her one... I know, I know, violence against a lady... but Hell, I don't really consider Pryor a lady at this point.

...is it bad that I don't really mind Rek-Rap?

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    He debuted in the worst possible place at the worst possible time, but on his own, he's definitely harmless (and McGuiness has so much fun drawing him, it ends up catching). It feels like Wells 'normalized' his speech too much, IMO, with the whole "You gotta help me" or something - he sounded like he talked only in crazy structures like "Parker Pete-man, utmost helpings are in order!" or something.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

nope he is precious good boy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Rek-Rap ongoing when

I don't hate him conceptually he just feels tonally out of place to me.

This is a new low for the Spidey office. You seen he solicits saying:

"• Spider-Man has never gone this dark.

• Now the consequences are unraveled.

• Will New York ever look at him the same way again?"

Looking and the issue itself - nothing but shennanigans in it. Definately tells you that "the Goblin Sins arc was supposed to end by #36, but instead it ended with #35".

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So what is this mysterious investigation that rek-rap is on that led him to that building?
    Could it be that Peter's building will be a target for the gang war plot or maybe just a random plot that will lead to a nothing reason

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Rek-Rap is back lets go, I keep forgetting that Luke Cage is mayor of New York feels like Marvel isn't making a big deal about it
    Because MARVEL stopped actually focusing on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones the moment they had a child. Unfortunately.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Because MARVEL stopped actually focusing on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones the moment they had a child. Unfortunately.
    Which is a shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which is a shame.
    It's always a shame, sadly. There's is a dynamic I'd love to see more of. You'd have thought with the critical success of the Jessica Jones show MARVEL would go "Hmm maybe bring these characters back. Just because Jessica's a mom doesn't mean she's docile now." But we saw they did nothing with it. Pregnancies are only treated with importance if they feel they can market off it. And unless Jessica and Luke's child is aged up to a kid with a superpower hybrid of her mom and her dad, we likely won't see any attention paid to Jessica or Luke as their 'importance' to the narrative ended the moment they had a child. -_-

And I don't think MARVEL see Danielle as marketable, or we'd see more of her.

Which is a shame because Luke, Jessica and Danielle have all the potential to be their own flavor of Peter, MJ and Mayday in terms of a super family with a unique dynamic that could speak to many people and catch on really well. But MARVEL doesn't want to commit to it.

They deserve some "new stories".
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-26-2023 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    It's always a shame, sadly. There's is a dynamic I'd love to see more of. You'd have thought with the critical success of the Jessica Jones show MARVEL would go "Hmm maybe bring these characters back. Just because Jessica's a mom doesn't mean she's docile now." But we saw they did nothing with it. Pregnancies are only treated with importance if they feel they can market off it. And unless Jessica and Luke's child is aged up to a kid with a superpower hybrid of his mom and his dad, we likely won't see any attention paid to Jessica or Luke as their 'importance' to the narrative ended the moment they had a child. -_-

And I don't think MARVEL see Danielle as marketable, or we'd see more of her.

Which is a shame because Luke, Jessica and Danielle have all the potential to be their own flavor of Peter, MJ and Mayday in terms of a super family with a unique dynamic that could speak to many people and catch on really well. But MARVEL doesn't want to commit to it.

They deserve some "new stories".
    That they do. Here's hoping Gang War gets that started.

Jessica is going to be in Luke's Gang War tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Good to hear, they should be treated like legacy characters. Stan Lee married them for crying out loud!! :3

On top of that their child has a hybrid of both Jessica and Luke's powers and is being taught by Danny Rand, whom is Luke's best friend.

The fact they haven't done more with this family is atrocious, so I'll be glad to see them. HOPEFULLY they are treated with respect. As I can't count on MARVEL to do that with Black Panther anymore.