Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Good to hear, they should be treated like legacy characters. Stan Lee married them for crying out loud!! :3

On top of that their child has a hybrid of both Jessica and Luke's powers and is being taught by Danny Rand, whom is Luke's best friend.

The fact they haven't done more with this family is atrocious, so I'll be glad to see them. HOPEFULLY they are treated with respect. As I can't count on MARVEL to do that with Black Panther anymore.
    Well, they're getting a book which is, like the only place you can really do much with them unless you made them co-stars of another characters' book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they're getting a book which is, like the only place you can really do much with them unless you made them co-stars of another characters' book.
    I get the feeling that Marvel would rather cancel ASM than undo omd.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Wells does not have a stellar reputation for writing female characters respectfully as sympathetic rounded characters or as interesting in themselves.
    Bruh its Madelyn pryor shes like this all the time lol. Some of yall will complain about anything.

This issue was pretty good sad this seems like a fun story arc. Not sure whats going on with this creature but im interested to see what comes of it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Bruh its Madelyn pryor shes like this all the time lol. Some of yall will complain about anything.

This issue was pretty good sad this seems like a fun story arc. Not sure whats going on with this creature but im interested to see what comes of it
    Do you think asm will be canceled after Wells?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    What?

Rek-Rap and the Spooky-wooky six back with McGuinness on art!

The boys are, as they say, back in town

*guitar solo*

Spider-Man landed a kick on a bad guy. Isn't that great, guys!?

Astonishing Member

I can't wait for this run to end. Worst in the history of the book and one of the worst I've ever read.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Don't know about being "cancelled", but this will be a very big infamous stain in this work resume. I doubt people will welcome him with open arms for writing other famous super-heroes. And If they do, the fans will know him from ASM and will be displeased. Same goes for Lowe IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    Don't know about being "cancelled", but this will be a very big infamous stain in this work resume. I doubt people will welcome him with open arms for writing other famous super-heroes. And If they do, the fans will know him from ASM and will be displeased. Same goes for Lowe IMO.
    It's the #1 ongoing. They'll be welcome.

There also hints of unprofessional behavior (lateness, badmouthing coworkers, etc.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

I actually bought this lol. Really liked the art and the Rek rap dude is kinda funny. Haven't bought a Spiderman comic in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    It's a small, close-knit comic creator community. Lowe and Wells have been doing this for decades and have run the circuits for years. Nobody is getting blacklisted for just a "bad story", otherwise there'd be nobody left to write comic books.

I know Spider-Man fans are divided on the current run (I really don't care for it), but Wells has books readers liked ("Hellions") and is a writer for the MCU and Lowe has been editor on other non-Spidey titles like She-Hulk that have received acclaim.

This is the same company whose current Editor-in-Chief did Yellowface writing and took opportunities away from actual Asian creators and he failed upwards to one of the top positions in the industry with almost no repercussions.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

I'm sure Wells will probably just move on to another title he's more interested in/suited for and that'll be the end of it, at least until we have to deal with whoever the next writer is.

Astonishing Member

But Repo the Serial Debt Collector Killer got rid of Doctor Octoball and ReKrap got rid of RepoGus murdered by Maddie and no one cares that she murdered him in cold blood but Ben gets to be locked up in Limbo.

Spider-Man still hasn't won an outright fight relying only his own brain and brawn unless one counts scaring a regressed Venom with a flaming manga.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    It's a small, close-knit comic creator community. Lowe and Wells have been doing this for decades and have run the circuits for years. Nobody is getting blacklisted for just a "bad story", otherwise there'd be nobody left to write comic books.

I know Spider-Man fans are divided on the current run (I really don't care for it), but Wells has books readers liked ("Hellions") and is a writer for the MCU and Lowe has been editor on other non-Spidey titles like She-Hulk that have received acclaim.

This is the same company whose current Editor-in-Chief did Yellowface writing and took opportunities away from actual Asian creators and he failed upwards to one of the top positions in the industry with almost no repercussions.
    I'm sure Wells will probably just move on to another title he's more interested in/suited for and that'll be the end of it, at least until we have to deal with whoever the next writer is.
    I'm reminded of an author that did a highly controversial event, around 5 years ago, where it at least seemed not a whole lot of people were pleased, and was reviewed as highly controversial. Either way, people were reacting so strongly to it, we did hear about this guy having trouble finding work in the coming years, or people not wanting to check out whatever he'd make, since it seemed like he had salted the earth.

This writer's name was Nick Spencer.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.