Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It seems Rise and Fall will be driving the main Krakoa/X-Men/mutantkind story while X-Men ties up its own plot threads. So I get the feeling Rise and Fall have a lot more to them than it may seem and many characters will be covered in them. Because Jean, Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Betsy, Emma, Bishop, Destiny, Exodus, Xavier, etc. have not been confirmed to be anywhere.

Then we have more books coming and I'm curious when those will be launching. New X-Men, Foxe's book, Orlando said he has more X-work coming, the series coming out of Original X-Men. Hmmm.
    EXactly, I think we will have another (mini) wave of #1's in the February solicits to take us to the end of the Krakoa era.

Honestly I always thought New X-Men was just a continuation of Gerry Duggan's X-Men with a new team but I don't really think that's the case now. The Apocalypse theory sounds more believable but I wonder if there's some alternate reality stuff involving the actual Age of Apocalypse... we did have Colossus in his AoA costume in Mark Brooks' teaser after all.

Regarding Original X-Men spinning out a new book, I have to wonder if the timing works out since we're at the end of an era. Unless it's a limited series debuting in February and concluding in May/June. I still cling to my theory that the "original" who remains is Changeling/Morph :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like I’m somewhere in the middle of these takes when it comes to my feelings about what’s coming next.

I think Jbenito is absolutely right that they’re gonna announce more mini’s and that they’re hiding some important details. I think they did a particularly good job of not spoiling how Immortal is gonna wrap up with these announcements, so we’ll likely see some cool follow-up with Jean, Krakoa, and the missing mutants.

On the other hand… I agree that the X-Office didn’t create the most engaging set up for the end of this era. Tonally it seems like we’re still in the FoX, and like I said in another thread we could have easily seen an epic war between Krakoa and Orchis w/o Operation Zero Tolerance 2.0.

Edit: When predicting future series we should also anticipate that some stuff is gonna end up on Unlimited. That was the cause with Stephanie Williams and the Steve’s collaboration.
    Yeah I thought by the end of December the war between Orchis and the X-Men would be full blown with the X-Men back on their feet. But it seems that won't quite be the case in January, at least not initially.

I'm glad you mentioned Unlimited because I've been meaning to share that Foxe said in a recent interview that the X-Office had decided to make the MU stories more connected to continuity. That's what makes me think Redroot will return in X-Men Red before the Genesis War is over. So yup, there's some digital stuff for us to consider too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    EXactly, I think we will have another (mini) wave of #1's in the February solicits to take us to the end of the Krakoa era.

Honestly I always thought New X-Men was just a continuation of Gerry Duggan's X-Men with a new team but I don't really think that's the case now. The Apocalypse theory sounds more believable but I wonder if there's some alternate reality stuff involving the actual Age of Apocalypse... we did have Colossus in his AoA costume in Mark Brooks' teaser after all.

Regarding Original X-Men spinning out a new book, I have to wonder if the timing works out since we're at the end of an era. Unless it's a limited series debuting in February and concluding in May/June. I still cling to my theory that the "original" who remains is Changeling/Morph :P
    I'm stumped at what New X-Men is at this point, haha.

I like your theory about Changeling/Morph!

And just in regards to Beast, I wonder if the reality of Krakoa being "gone" right now and the nation falling will in some way change his perceptive on things. He became obsessed with protecting it and now it's gone so, we'll see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I think New X-Men is Foxe’s other upcoming book and it’ll actually spin out of the X-Men Unlimited story from last December. Where Xavier ended up in a version of the Age of Apocalypse with a good Moira taking Magneto’s role there and events ending with her and the X-Men of that universe waiting to reconnect with Xavier and the Krakoa of Earth 616.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I have a feeling High Evolutionary is going to be tied to what Talon really is.
    For a second I thought that was Darwin in the hover chair not Xavier.

Incredible Member

I'd say X-Men is more tying up loose ends, closing out any remaining plots. I wouldn't be surprised if Darwin pops up before this is all over.

I have a weird feeling about Talon's fate.
    For a second I thought that was Darwin in the hover chair not Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I have a feeling High Evolutionary is going to be tied to what Talon really is.
    I'm still hoping for "Mole for the Vault."

This Alexander Lozano variant for Rise is sick!

Wow! This is gorgeous. I love this style.

Do you think the book that Betsy will appear will be the Dead X-Men book Jbenito?
    A picture would last longer darling...

I really dislike all that talk about "the end of the krakoa storyline".
    It feels like a continuation of Fall and I'm bored, I was hoping we'd move through this fast. Gillen JUST did the "hard future fighting to right the past wrongs" with Sins.
    At least they seem to try to tie up Hickman's storylines.

Is X-Men continuing through Fall and Rise, or is it wrapping up in January with #30?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I get the feeling Emma might get killed in Invincible Iron Man 13 (or left to die with us seeing it in RoTPoX) and that she is (in) the armor.
    I forgot about Foxe's book, I wonder if we might see more minis starting in February and ending in May
    Death to Emma!
    Long live Hazel!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Is X-Men continuing through Fall and Rise, or is it wrapping up in January with #30?
    I think it will most likely continue as it seems to have been devoted to some housecleaning of pending subplots while Rise & Fall tackle the main story. Immortal and Red's December solicits had a sound of finality to them that I don't detect in X-Men #30's so my money's on it continuing, likely to the end of the Krakoan era so we can get (Uncanny) X-Men #700 in the Summer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Safe bet it is continuing. The latest TPB solicit lists through issue #29. Hard to believe they would just have a random #30 out there, uncollected.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Both Red and Immortal ending...?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

FoHoX 01
    RoPoX 01...mainly for the RB Silva art...if I'm being honest
    XM 30
    RoM 01...as if there was any doubt
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Both Red and Immortal ending...?
    Not ending...more rebranding to suit the story trajectory
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!