Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Would the Angels really feed on the zombies though? They're all dead and don't really have any life for the Angels to consume.

Or do they? I don't really know what qualifies as life for a Weeping Angel diet.

Really? That's sad. They were so fun in their like first two storylines.
    IMO Moffat does best when he's doing one shots, especially weird little character focused ones. I did not enjoy the years with him as showrunner.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What other powers do they have?
    i haven't seen any eps that feature them, beyond "the angels take Manhattan", so i dont know what else has been added to them.

i do know they are damn near indestructible. an unit of church marines unloaded their guns into a group of them and it barely slowed them down.

anything that holds the image of any angel (photo or footage) can become an angel.

and they can manipulate the organs of a lifeform to serve as translator of sorts.

and as standard, they are all insanely fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    They feed on the temporal whatever energy of you living a life in the past, if memory serves TWD Zombies are KINDA alive in a technical reanimated way but I don't really see any reason they'd be any different
    hence, my thought that they might just turn the world into a farm for near endless energy to feed on. but it does bring up another question: would the angel be frozen if a zombie looked at it?

Extraordinary Member

They feed on the temporal whatever energy of you living a life in the past, if memory serves TWD Zombies are KINDA alive in a technical reanimated way but I don't really see any reason they'd be any different
    I can buy that reasoning. Makes me wonder about a scenario where a zombie is sent back in time and then "survives" long enough to encounter their living past self. Timey wimey indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hence, my thought that they might just turn the world into a farm for near endless energy to feed on. but it does bring up another question: would the angel be frozen if a zombie looked at it?
    Don't see why not. Zombies can by all account see things, and AFAIK Weeping Angels enter their quantum locked state when something looks at them.

Following in the tradition of Doctor Who tmey wimey wibbly wobbliness, it's a walker or human (because all humans in TWD will become walkers after death) sent back in time by the Angels that ends up causing the zombie apocalypse in the first place.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Following in the tradition of Doctor Who tmey wimey wibbly wobbliness, it's a walker or human (because all humans in TWD will become walkers after death) sent back in time by the Angels that ends up causing the zombie apocalypse in the first place.
    Hmm. If the Doctor is infected with a zombie virus and dies, does his reincarnation become a zombie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm. If the Doctor is infected with a zombie virus and dies, does his reincarnation become a zombie?
    Regeneration typically gets rid of any physical maladies and conditions a Time Lord was suffering before so it would probably purge whatever turns people into walkers from his system. Of course, considering the fact that only humans become walkers, it wouldn't be a problem to begin with.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Extraordinary Member

anything that holds the image of any angel (photo or footage) can become an angel.
    Note: This applies to any image.

including the image reflectedd off of your eyes when you look at an angel.

Meaning that if you stare and an angel for too long, you turn into one.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

except that they're probably going to be sending zombies back with them, no reason they wouldn't feed on them too
    Weeping Angels feed on someone's potential future, the years ahead of them.

By default, zombies don't have a potential future.

I imagine it would, at the very least, give the Weeping Angels a serious case of indigestion, if not poison them outright.

Also, the Weeping Angels stay quantum-locked as long as they're observed. Zombies have no need to blink (or maybe some of them wouldn't even have eyelids anymore), so the Weeping Angels are probably going to spend a lot of time as just statues. No, the zombies don't know what the Weeping Angels are, but that's going to happen as soon as crowds of zombies pass by.

Or does the whole "quantum locked" thing only work when they're being observed by a living person? I mean, an angel moved when a character moved between the angel and the camera in "Blink", so clearly electronic devices count for the "being observed" thing. Or is that just because we, the audience, were observing them?
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Weeping Angels feed on someone's potential future, the years ahead of them.

By default, zombies don't have a potential future.

I imagine it would, at the very least, give the Weeping Angels a serious case of indigestion, if not poison them outright.

Also, the Weeping Angels stay quantum-locked as long as they're observed. Zombies have no need to blink (or maybe some of them wouldn't even have eyelids anymore), so the Weeping Angels are probably going to spend a lot of time as just statues. No, the zombies don't know what the Weeping Angels are, but that's going to happen as soon as crowds of zombies pass by.

Or does the whole "quantum locked" thing only work when they're being observed by a living person? I mean, an angel moved when a character moved between the angel and the camera in "Blink", so clearly electronic devices count for the "being observed" thing. Or is that just because we, the audience, were observing them?
    What do you mean they don't have a future? The zombies on WD have been around for years and will continue to be around for years sounds like a future to me unless you mean life-force they feed on?

What other powers do they have?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Regeneration typically gets rid of any physical maladies and conditions a Time Lord was suffering before so it would probably purge whatever turns people into walkers from his system. Of course, considering the fact that only humans become walkers, it wouldn't be a problem to begin with.
    also, even if he could be infected, timelords typcially regen at or near death and the virus doesn't instantly turn a body into a walker upon death. so its very possibly that it wouldn't get far enough with him to turn him into a walker before he regenned.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

What do you mean they don't have a future? The zombies on WD have been around for years...
    But by default, they're dead. There's no years of potential life for the angels to feed on. The angels consume the time that you would've otherwise lived.

Not existence, right? Because if it worked that way, then a single person's molecules are going to exist forever (regardless of how the person decomposes after death), so a single person would provide trillions of years worth of energy for an angel. It clearly doesn't work that way. Angels feed by stealing the years you would've lived.

By sheer default of zombies being zombies, they don't have years of life ahead of them.

At best, they'd be like a chocolate bar or a packet of potato chips for a weeping angel. Tasty, but zero nutritional value for them. And if anyone eats exclusively junk food with no nutritional value, you're going to get sick and die, pretty quickly.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    But by default, they're dead. There's no years of potential life for the angels to feed on. The angels consume the time that you would've otherwise lived.

Not existence, right? Because if it worked that way, then a single person's molecules are going to exist forever (regardless of how the person decomposes after death), so a single person would provide trillions of years worth of energy for an angel. It clearly doesn't work that way. Angels feed by stealing the years you would've lived.

By sheer default of zombies being zombies, they don't have years of life ahead of them.

At best, they'd be like a chocolate bar or a packet of potato chips for a weeping angel. Tasty, but zero nutritional value for them. And if anyone eats exclusively junk food with no nutritional value, you're going to get sick and die, pretty quickly.
    but zombie are technically still alive until they are killed by decapitation or head shot. hence why in the TWD, anyone who dies would have to get their heads blown off/cut off or they'd come back as a walker.

but really, thats a slippery slope to go down, since it calls into question about if the walkers count as living and how they would be affect the angels.

I'm confused do WA feed on life-force or time or what?

I'm confused do WA feed on life-force or time or what?
    they feed off the potential energy of the life you would've lived after they sent you back in time.

say you were gonna live for 90 years. when you were 30, an angel touched you and sent you back into the past. then the years and energy of those 60 remaining years you didn't get to live would be absorbed by that angel.

they feed off the potential energy of the life you would've lived after they sent you back in time.

say you were gonna live for 90 years. when you were 30, an angel touched you and sent you back into the past. then the years and energy of those 60 remaining years you didn't get to live would be absorbed by that angel.
    OK so they can probably feed on zombies just fine.