Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics January 2024 Solicitations

Astonishing Member

Quite frankly, I thought Beast World was supposed to set-up this whole ''Waller vs DC Universe'' story, but apparently it's already ending there.

"DETECTIVE COMICS #1081

Spirited away from a city that believes him dead, Batman has been brought far from Gotham and deposited in a desert of legend. Possessed by an Azmer demon and rapidly losing his own identity, he must now cross this mythic landscape on a vision quest. With no water, no supplies, and no one to save him, Batman is left with two choices: burn out the demon or be left as bones in the sand. Meanwhile, the Orghams’ master plan is finally fully enacted as they use the Reality Engine to make all of Gotham forget there ever was a Batman. Bear witness to Batman’s worst fears made manifest in “Elegy of Sand,” part one!"

Batman has been possessed a lot lately.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

World's Finest Annual #1 looks like it will be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "DETECTIVE COMICS #1081

Spirited away from a city that believes him dead, Batman has been brought far from Gotham and deposited in a desert of legend. Possessed by an Azmer demon and rapidly losing his own identity, he must now cross this mythic landscape on a vision quest. With no water, no supplies, and no one to save him, Batman is left with two choices: burn out the demon or be left as bones in the sand. Meanwhile, the Orghams’ master plan is finally fully enacted as they use the Reality Engine to make all of Gotham forget there ever was a Batman. Bear witness to Batman’s worst fears made manifest in “Elegy of Sand,” part one!"

Batman has been possessed a lot lately.
    And in Batman...it sounds like he really does kill Joker .

Incredible Member

Kinda surprised they are cramming the last 3 Beast World issues into January.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Kinda surprised they are cramming the last 3 Beast World issues into January.
    Rather that then it go into March

Spectacular Member

Huh, no facsimiles in January, after a whole bunch in December. (And the Batman #428: Robin Lives quasi-facsimile is retrosolicited to December for some reason.)

Incredible Member

Huh. Very interested by the JLA: Book One compendium. If they actually finish the entire series in this style I'll be astonished. Sure wish these could've been available when I did my JLA read-through last year. Wouldn't it be nice if these common-sense, no-brainer book lines were available from the start instead of all these nonsense stops and starts with missing or out-of-order issues, missing pages, etc., etc.? I'm getting real tired of buying the same material... but I just might for this.

Astonishing Member

I'm really tired of the 'another Titan dies' trope.

The Wonder Girls asking Diana to surrender feels very out of character for them.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Wow, Beast World just sounds boring to me. Let's see...

All of my January pulls are:

Birds of Prey 5
    Blue Beetle 5
    Poison Ivy 18
    Shazam! 7
    Green Lantern 7
    Superman: Lost 10
    Wesley Dodds: Sandman 4
    World's Finest 23
    World's Finest 2024 Annual
    Jay Garrick: Flash 4
    Superman 10
    Wonder Woman 5
    Trinity Special One-Shot
    Alan Scott: Green Lantern 4
    Penguin 6

While still a lot, I'm noticing my DC pulls are slowly declining as I pick up fewer and fewer new series every month in favor of Indies.

Extraordinary Member

Note that some January comics were included in December's solicitations.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm really tired of the 'another Titan dies' trope.

The Wonder Girls asking Diana to surrender feels very out of character for them.
    Especially when two of them are actually still active in other books. Cassie's the only one we don't know about as she hasn't been used since Dark Crisis last year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Does anyone here know why SHAZAM! isn't listed for January 2024?

JSA is it for me.

Will pick up the Alan Scott: GL, Jay Garrick Flash and Dodds Sandman books in trade.

After this summer’s umpteen millionth interruptive crossover, it broke me of my habit.
    I’ve honestly lost interest in all my other books after the long delay (Titans, WW, Flash, Shazam, GL, Superman, Action, Nightwing).
    JSA is the only monthly getting me into my shop.