View Poll Results: Tim Drake should......

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return to Red Robin

17 17.71%
  • Road trip with Conner Kent

8 8.33%
  • Mentor/Leader to a young new superteam

3 3.13%
  • Intelligence operative/ private detective

27 28.13%
  • stay away from the Batman family

7 7.29%
  • Runaway & marry Jubilee

17 17.71%
  • 0ther

17 17.71%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Hands down Tim Drake needs to get as far from the Batman family as possible he would be the perfect candidate to become an intelligence operative that needs to take down Waller
    He could be the Insider like Bruce was during the Road home story.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-05-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't feel like you could have Jason as a villain again without completely resetting his character development and setting him back considerably.
    Honestly I think all it would take is a trigger. Some sort of moment or incident that pushes him to go back to killing criminals. But that’s not really here nor there. My point is that Jason’s Gillian arch is still his most appealing and approachable arc to general audiences. Even if in comics they have him move past it. Other media is going to keep adapting it.

A trigger like being mind-bombed by Batman perhaps?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    A trigger like being mind-bombed by Batman perhaps?
    Eeh, maybe something a little heavier then being pissed at Batman.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-05-2023 at 02:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He could be the Insider like Bruce was during the Road home story.

I like the look of the costume...

I like the name....

I like the powers...they could be modified slightly...

I am really liking this idea!

This idea really fits Tim!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

I like the name....

For anyone who did not know what the Insider suit could do (and this may have been only me):

Description

Built with a different appearance than the traditional Batsuit, the Insider uniform enables the wearer to mimic a selection of super-abilities through the use of high-powered technology, although the suit's power is limited; requiring a recharge-time after the usage of each ability.

While agile enough for gymnastic maneuvers, the suit has enough armor to protect the wearer from sword strikes or even take a missile blast.

The suit can recharge its power supply by either plugging into an external power source or by absorbing energy that is being directed upon it. The suit also enables a direct link to a JLA teleporter, enabling the wearer to hack into the Justice League's teleportation system and teleport anywhere on the planet, although this, too, uses power.

Other abilities include: ability to trace frequencies, and selection of optical visions for infrared to movement tracking and normal.

"Super-Power" Abilities

Spectral Mode: Designed for ideal night operation through night vision lenses and light and sound dampening technology.

Speed Force Mode: Inspired by the Flash, the suit gives the wearer limited access to the Speed Force, accelerating their movements beyond human speed.

Heat Vision Mode: Inspired by the Kryptonian ability, the suit expels a concentrated beam of heat from the eye lenses, although a larger blast can be expelled through the helmet's central "eye" also.

Will Power Mode: Inspired by the Green Lantern rings, the suit possesses a finger-mounted energy weapon that mimics an Oan power ring's ability to fire a concentrated blast of energy at an opponent.

Camouflage Mode: Inspired by the Martian Manhunter, the suit enables the wearer to turn invisible for a set period of time.

Veritas Mode: Inspired by Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, the suit possesses a filament cord that is lined with tactile sensors enabling it to act as a polygraph machine to discern if the individual trapped within it is telling the truth. Like Wonder Girl's lasso, the wearer can also send an electric shock down the cord to shock the entrapped individual.

Flight Mode: A standard ability amongst meta-class superheroes, the suit possesses the power of flight through the manipulation of gravity and magnetic forces.

Teleportation Mode: 3-meter radius and carrying other individuals away.

Notes

The Insider suit has powers similar to the Amazo android.

The powers can only be used a few at a time and require extensive recharge periods (as long as 24 hours) between each use.

The Insider suit has a similar design to the uniforms used by the One Earth Regime footsoldiers from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 12-05-2023 at 12:25 PM.

I like the name....

Lol ok. I guess we have a winner.
    For anyone who did not know what the Insider suit could do (and this may have been only me):

Description

Built with a different appearance than the traditional Batsuit, the Insider uniform enables the wearer to mimic a selection of super-abilities through the use of high-powered technology, although the suit's power is limited; requiring a recharge-time after the usage of each ability.

While agile enough for gymnastic maneuvers, the suit has enough armor to protect the wearer from sword strikes or even take a missile blast.

The suit can recharge its power supply by either plugging into an external power source or by absorbing energy that is being directed upon it. The suit also enables a direct link to a JLA teleporter, enabling the wearer to hack into the Justice League's teleportation system and teleport anywhere on the planet, although this, too, uses power.

Other abilities include: ability to trace frequencies, and selection of optical visions for infrared to movement tracking and normal.

"Super-Power" Abilities

Spectral Mode: Designed for ideal night operation through night vision lenses and light and sound dampening technology.

Speed Force Mode: Inspired by the Flash, the suit gives the wearer limited access to the Speed Force, accelerating their movements beyond human speed.

Heat Vision Mode: Inspired by the Kryptonian ability, the suit expels a concentrated beam of heat from the eye lenses, although a larger blast can be expelled through the helmet's central "eye" also.

Will Power Mode: Inspired by the Green Lantern rings, the suit possesses a finger-mounted energy weapon that mimics an Oan power ring's ability to fire a concentrated blast of energy at an opponent.

Camouflage Mode: Inspired by the Martian Manhunter, the suit enables the wearer to turn invisible for a set period of time.

Veritas Mode: Inspired by Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, the suit possesses a filament cord that is lined with tactile sensors enabling it to act as a polygraph machine to discern if the individual trapped within it is telling the truth. Like Wonder Girl's lasso, the wearer can also send an electric shock down the cord to shock the entrapped individual.

Flight Mode: A standard ability amongst meta-class superheroes, the suit possesses the power of flight through the manipulation of gravity and magnetic forces.

Teleportation Mode: 3-meter radius and carrying other individuals away.

Notes

The Insider suit has powers similar to the Amazo android.

The powers can only be used a few at a time and require extensive recharge periods (as long as 24 hours) between each use.

The Insider suit has a similar design to the uniforms used by the One Earth Regime footsoldiers from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
    Oh cool. I didn't know that. I guess Waller would see the Insider suit as the ideal JL deterrent.

Fantastic Member

This got me thinking.

I think Tim could do really well in a Suicide Squad Leader role. Have him retire the cape and mantle, but sees the need for the SS and working with Waller. Could be an interesting route.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Some people liking him more in the villain/antagonist role doesn't mean they aren't fans of the character. That's like saying people that don't want Mr. Freeze to be a hero with an ongoing aren't real Mr. Freeze fans.
    Maybe but in the end of the day if DC wants to sell an ongoing with Jason, it might be better to try to appeal to the part of his fandom that wants such an ongoing.

And at least sofar most of the people that seem to prefer Jason as antagonist, seem were in the "Grant Morrisons Version of Jason was the best Version"-camp, and I kind of doubt that that version could sell an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    This got me thinking.

I think Tim could do really well in a Suicide Squad Leader role. Have him retire the cape and mantle, but sees the need for the SS and working with Waller. Could be an interesting route.
    I think he'd be a little young to be put in a leadership role of a difficult group like that.
    Now, if it were a group of young offenders, Suicide Squard Jr or whatever, that might work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    I don't think Tim fits in role that requires you to occasionally blow the head of a team mate up, or do some other pretty immoral things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't think Tim fits in role that requires you to occasionally blow the head of a team mate up, or do some other pretty immoral things.
    Yeah, i thought the same thing. I don't think he would even be okay on working for Waller unless he was blackmailed or something like that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

They can have him go Savior and then join SS. Though why not use Red Hood for Suicide Squad.

Man... I was passing by McDonald's today and decided to grab a burger. I got in the store and the age demographic was between 16-18 with some 13 year olds sprinkled. Grabbed the burger and sat down and said to myself, i feel like Batman. A 40 year old surrounded by kids... lol

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lol ok. I guess we have a winner.
    The Insider does seem to have a lot of support here. I know I could get behind it, if the hook was right. It's a good name and an interesting suit, but what's Tim gonna do with it? What'll set this apart and make it worth reading? Still, I like it, like how the name plays in the Bat-verse, and the suit having 'powers' is a bit different and might be fun.

Oh, speaking of, why have we never had a 'mech' Bat character? Closest we've had was Jim Gordon but that was a short-term thing, and nobody's tried to push the idea since or build a new legacy around it, outside of a few random instances where Bruce fights Darkseid or Godzilla or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I thought so too, but then again....Tim has done some pretty sketchy things over the years. He was usually justified (or we could ignore it as just bad writing) and I'm not saying I agree with the idea of Tim willingly working with Waller, but Tim is spun up awfully tight, and he's been known to snap. It wouldn't be completely out of nowhere if Tim went off the rails. Though honestly, I think if Tim was gonna go 'ends justify the means' then he'd set himself up against Waller, not with her. I think he'd be more like Leviathan was supposed to be, honestly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.