View Poll Results: Tim Drake should......

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return to Red Robin

17 17.71%
  • Road trip with Conner Kent

8 8.33%
  • Mentor/Leader to a young new superteam

3 3.13%
  • Intelligence operative/ private detective

27 28.13%
  • stay away from the Batman family

7 7.29%
  • Runaway & marry Jubilee

17 17.71%
  • 0ther

17 17.71%
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Tim Drake where is his place in DC?

Where do you think Tim Drake's place in the DCU should be ? I could see him as DC's answer to Jessica Jones/Powers, mentoring young heroes or even better yet as an operative for an intelligence organization. Even better return to being Red Robin & do an intergalactic road trip with Conner Kent. Sorry but I feel that he's been cast aside by the Batman family.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Where do you think Tim Drake's place in the DCU should be ? I could see him as DC's answer to Jessica Jones/Powers, mentoring young heroes or even better yet as an operative for an intelligence organization. Even better return to being Red Robin & do an intergalactic road trip with Conner Kent. Sorry but I feel that he's been cast aside by the Batman family.
    Years ago I said let him be a super spy...but Dick's already done that now so it wouldn't be a unique direction anymore.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I say let him give up the hero identity and focus on college to take over Wayne Enterprises some day. The more they try to make him fit now the worse it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I say let him give up the hero identity and focus on college to take over Wayne Enterprises some day. The more they try to make him fit now the worse it gets.
    He works just fine as a superhero though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I say let him give up the hero identity and focus on college to take over Wayne Enterprises someday. The more they try to make him fit now the worse it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    He works just fine as a superhero though.
    It does feel like Tim and Young Justices time has passed and we are in a new era.

Tim, Kon, Cassie and Bart seem to be adrift.

Tim needs a new name, new direction and... go to college and prepare to be the new Lucius Fox. (Someone needs to make money for Bruce!)

Retirement. He wasn’t cast aside, he was rejected. Current audiences just aren’t very interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Retirement. He wasn’t cast aside, he was rejected. Current audiences just aren’t very interested in him.
    Current audiences just don't like books with terrible art and a mediocre story. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Current audiences just don't like books with terrible art and a mediocre story. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the character.
    Its not like these books started strong and fell off a cliff, audiences aren't really giving them a chance to begin with. There is an intrinsic lack of current interest with the character.

Astonishing Member

The very first thing DC needs to do is to get him out of this whole ''The Robin'' status they so desperately clinging to. They should give him something entirely different. Make him an independent hero in some other city, make a focus on some detective work. Or maybe, I don't know, send him working undercover in GCPD as a detective to uncover some conspiracy, something like Gotham Central, but starring Tim. I don't know, just get him out of this comfort zone for DC writers and some of his fans. Tim as Robin isn't going to work anymore, he's not targeting modern teenagers, they're not the same demographics DC was targeting with his character in the 90s, they don't give a ****.
    Considering, that Damian is going to be Robin in DCU movies + there are rumors about Dick debuting and becoming Robin in Reeve's Batman sequel, there's no point to fight with inevitable. They have to reinvent the character, otherwise, he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its not like these books started strong and fell off a cliff, audiences aren't really giving them a chance to begin with. There is an intrinsic lack of current interest with the character.
    There was no reason to give it a chance, Rossmo's art is horrible and Fitzmartin's writing is tepid at best. You can't put two terrible creators on a book and then go, "See, no one likes the character." It has nothing to do with the character and everything to do with it being a terrible book.

It's okay if you don't personally like Tim Drake, I personally prefer Dick and Damian myself, but to pretend that there isn't an audience for Tim seems disingenuous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    It does feel like Tim and Young Justices time has passed and we are in a new era.

Tim, Kon, Cassie and Bart seem to be adrift.

Tim needs a new name, new direction and... go to college and prepare to be the new Lucius Fox. (Someone needs to make money for Bruce!)
    Yeah... Tim was recently operating as Bruce's Robin again, but post-Gotham War that's not going to be a think any more. Bart's off somewhere with Max Mercury... which was a plot point in Jay Garrick's mini as it freed up Judy's old bedroom, which apparently he'd been using. Cassie's had her codename stolen by a new Wonder Girl, so she could do with a rebrand. She is due to appear in Tom King's Wonder Woman, in a new costume, so there may actually be plans for her. Conner's been used in Action Comics, but the writer is leaving, and so the Super Family status quo is ending. Tim, Bart, and Conner are all regressing.

Maybe with Babs going out more often as Batgirl, Tim could step up as a replacement Oracle?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe with Babs going out more often as Batgirl, Tim could step up as a replacement Oracle?
    As Babs fans felt about her, I just really don't see Tim's fans being happy about chaining him to a desk.

Seriously, all the character needs is a talented writer and a dynamic artist and the character's gold. This has been the salvation of many a character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I wonder if some would say "Dating Bernard" .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Megan Fitzmartin would say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing wrong with that.