Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Lets not forget JASMINE (Buffy/Angel-verse)
    Don't worry I didnt lol. Great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Jasmine would also be a good villain. I dont think they really have Diana fight against those who have a warped sense of peace that often, something that she fights for.

Conal Cochran from Halloween III

A seemingly benevolent toy-maker and businessman who is secretly an ancient warlock plotting to mass sacrifice thousands of children (and anyone else caught up in it) for Samhain. Cochran was cool because he delved into the pagan origins of Halloween (even pronounces Samhain properly), and also his plan revolved around exploiting the modern consumerism of the holiday. It'd be interesting to see Diana contend with such a person. And, of course, there's the whole mass murdering children thing. He also utilizes an army of robots to do his bidding.

Re-watchedBride of Frankenstein past month and Septimus Praetorious would be an interesting one. He's far closer to the pop culture version of the mad scientist with no regards for moral boundaries than Victor Frankenstein is and his obsession with wanting to create an artificially-made woman would be interesting to pair off against Wonder Woman using the clay origin.

Plus there's also he's coded as gay and cut concepts like his contempt for religion/fantasy.

Demona from Gargoyles

I might not care for Weisman's take on Wonder Woman, but it occurred to me one of his creations would make a good foe for her. A gargoyle warrior bent on destroying the human race in revenge for wiping out her people. She's cunning and conniving, but what makes her interesting is, although she can be somewhat sympathetic, a lot of her anger and what's gone wrong in her life is her own fault. It was her machinations that led humans to killing her clan, and all her efforts at revenge just makes things worse for her, but she refuses to accept responsibility. How bad would she freak out when confronted with the Lasso of Truth, which would cut through her denial and self-delusion?

The funny thing is, Demona is so freakin’ stubborn and in such denial I think whatever 5 minutes of clarity the Lasso would give her she would still find a way to blame every bad thing that ever happened to her on humans.

I remember a famous director (can’t remember who tho) said that Heroes change while Villains remain static. Demona is the embodiment of that concept.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The funny thing is, Demona is so freakin’ stubborn and in such denial I think whatever 5 minutes of clarity the Lasso would give her she would still find a way to blame every bad thing that ever happened to her on humans.

I remember a famous director (can’t remember who tho) said that Heroes change while Villains remain static. Demona is the embodiment of that concept.
    Oh yeah, the moment the Lasso's off her, Demona will convince herself it was a trick somehow and then hate Diana in particular for subjecting her to that.

Imhotep from The Mummy franchise is already pretty much a comicbook villain with godlike powers who just fought non-powered humans, so having him go up against actual powered individuals would fit him well. Wonder Woman interacting with characters connected to other mythologies is usually pretty fun.

Plus, reincarnation is an established thing in WW's world. Have him go after Diana, or some other Amazon, thinking she's a reincarnation of his past lover. Team up with Circe too.

Last edited by Gaius; 03-26-2024 at 08:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Speaking about Well of Souls...i feel like there's a whole event there that's never been touched. Corruption, altering it to bring back dead heroes or villains (not that there are many who stay dead)

Lady Alcina Dimitrescu from Resident Evil VIII

An aristocratic "vampire" (though not exactly) known for her haughty personality, sadism and impressive height (over nine feet tall). She lords over a small village in Europe, utilizing her "daughters" to abduct people for experiments, torture, or just to drain their blood. She can also transform into a monstrous dragon-like creature. I'll admit I'm not huge into the Resident Evil games, but I think Lady Dimitrescu could make a fun Wonder Woman foe based on design and personality alone.

The Three Mothers from Dario Argento's Three Mothers Trilogy

Inspired by a poem that suggested--if there are three Fates, three Furies, three Graces--there should be three Sorrows representing death and mourning. They being Mater Suspiriorum (the Mother of Sighs), Mater Lachrymarum (the Mother of Tears), and Mater Tenebrarum (the Mother of Darkness). Dario Argento imagined them as three immortal witches secretly amassing great power, wealth, and leaving death wherever they went. Suspiriorum was the oldest and wisest, Lachrymarum was the most beautiful and powerful, and Tenebrarum the youngest and cruelest. I just think the idea and basis behind it sounds cool and would make a good enemy for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    DC vs. Vampires is capital-T Trash but kind of thought Diana fighting against Dracula could be interesting, especially thematically with the sexual liberation represented by WW vs. regression represented by Dracula in the original Stroker book. Plus it'd be kind of interesting given the Christian mythos associated with Dracula/vampires going up against someone rooted in Classical paganism.
    Building off this but Countess Marya Zaleska, daughter of Universal's Dracula, is probably even an more interesting pick. Being the daughter of strong parental figure (Hippolyta for Diana and the Count for Zaleska) who goes round seeking to dominate men and women, though she sees her powers as a curse whereas with Diana it's blessing.

Even the implied lesbian analogy in the film, and the original script going for way more explicit content and BDSM imagery wouldn't make her out of place among other Golden Age villainesses like Paula Von Gunther or Eviless. If Marston ever did a Halloween-themed WW story, she could have easily shown up in one.