Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

Who are these?

What about Jack the Ripper?

In most fictional accounts, they tend to give him enhanced strength, speed, agility and stealth. We could also give him some enhanced vision and hearing.

He could also have demonic/mystical knives that Diana would certainly need her bracelets to counter.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who are these?
    Don't know about the top one but the bottom two are the Visitors from the V tv show.

Who are these?
    The first is Xayide, the evil witch from The Neverending Story. The second are Diana and Lydia from the 80s TV series V.
    Although Xayide is a witch, yes, another one along with Circe, The Queen of Fables or Morgan Le Fay, I think that the concept she represents could be related to Wonder Woman, she is the personified avatar of an entity similar to Nothing, called The Emptiness/Void, which is born from the dying imagination of the collective human species, I always found Michael Ende's book fascinating, and although the movie is not a big deal, the character of Xayide is.
    The TV series V has these two villains that I always wanted in the world of WW. In fact, one of my favorite Diana stories is when she gets lost in space and I always imagined that she might encounter the mothership of these reptilians.
    I still think that the original story of the series would be great with WW. It is the attack of these reptilians on our planet. Where they appear good at the beginning and end up making a kind of propaganda with lies that end up co-opting the population and electing them in some way as their rulers to govern the Earth, a strong parallel with the birth of Nazism in Germany. Well I think that should be unmasked by the amazing amazon.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Mileena
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What about Jack the Ripper?

In most fictional accounts, they tend to give him enhanced strength, speed, agility and stealth. We could also give him some enhanced vision and hearing.

He could also have demonic/mystical knives that Diana would certainly need her bracelets to counter.
    The Record of Ragnarok manga has a version of Jack the Ripper. Fittingly for a thread of this nature, it's about mortals fighting gods.

The Record of Ragnarok manga has a version of Jack the Ripper. Fittingly for a thread of this nature, it's about mortals fighting gods.
    So Jack's not a good idea then?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So Jack's not a good idea then?
    Oh, that's not what I meant. I just thought I'd mention that version since you mentioned Jack the Ripper.

Oh, that's not what I meant. I just thought I'd mention that version since you mentioned Jack the Ripper.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. (I never heard of the Record of Ragnorak manga version.)

Thanks for clarifying.

Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay night, an arrogant demigod and the oldest "hero" in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Solid

A corrupt US Senator trying to orchestrate political upheaval so he accumulate power and turn the world into his own libertarian fantasy land. There's potential political intrigue that would test Diana's diplomatic skills, and just listen to his big motivation speech and tell me this isn't a guy who would totally worship Ares. He also injected himself with nanomachines to give him superhuman strength and durability, and as he demonstrates in the game, he isn't afraid to throw down.
    Armstrong is peak writing. He's a bad guy with motives and goals, and.... a lot of his actual goals are... reasonable... even... good intentioned. Diana would actually need to make serious choices dealing with him. It's a lesser of two evils thing. Is stopping Armstrong actually the right thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd love to see Diana take on someone as powerful and self-destructive as Callisto from Xena.

Hmm... I kinda think this area's covered. Well, generally, Xena's Callisto was a different motivation, but even so...

I think Kratos could make a good WW villain.

Another fun one would be Princess Mombi, the headswapping sorceress from Return to Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Mileena
    Funny thing is, when MK vs. DC came out, I thought it was a missed opportunity--since a lot the endings played up the parallels between characters, like Kitana creating her own Themyscira--to have Wonder Woman's arcade ending be something like Circe creates a half-Tarkatan clone of Diana, essentially giving her her own Mileena.

Speaking of Mortal Kombat...

Shao Kahn would make a good Wonder Woman foe, being an inter-dimensional demi-god conqueror that thrives on chaos and bloodshed. And (in the older games at least) he was as cunning as he was a brutal fighter, so he could challenge Diana in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Funny thing is, when MK vs. DC came out, I thought it was a missed opportunity--since a lot the endings played up the parallels between characters, like Kitana creating her own Themyscira--to have Wonder Woman's arcade ending be something like Circe creates a half-Tarkatan clone of Diana, essentially giving her her own Mileena.
    Maybe just to spice it up, half-Shokan instead of Tarkatan.

More DC wide but the Decepticons