Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah I thought that was pretty clear with how the battle was framed.

It was about Diana proving herself and telling Emelie her name was admitting she lost.

Fantastic Member

Yeah it was about submitting, not about knowledge. That was extremely clear.

Preview page of Wonder Woman 3!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If that’s the cover I have to say it’s pretty lame. Hasn’t Sarge learned anything from issue 1 or even before, that guns and steel are nothing to Diana to crush?! As for how it’s goin so far, I have to say the art is way awesome, the writing is amazing but the only thing is why Sarge Steel is even bothering with WE when he knows when human threats are inconsequential to her. Maybe he’s mind controlled?! As for Steve, hoping that he gets some love from King and gives him purpose and better holding on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    If that’s the cover I have to say it’s pretty lame. Hasn’t Sarge learned anything from issue 1 or even before, that guns and steel are nothing to Diana to crush?! As for how it’s goin so far, I have to say the art is way awesome, the writing is amazing but the only thing is why Sarge Steel is even bothering with WE when he knows when human threats are inconsequential to her. Maybe he’s mind controlled?! As for Steve, hoping that he gets some love from King and gives him purpose and better holding on the character.
    It’s not the cover. It’s a page from the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It’s not the cover. It’s a page from the issue.
    Could be she’s playing him.

This was probably obvious to most of you but I just noticed it.

Not only was Emelie embarrassed and defeated by an upstart "girl" many years later, she still wears the scar of the battle under her right eye.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury that goes toward motive. Lifelong enemies have been made with less reason.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This was probably obvious to most of you but I just noticed it.

Not only was Emelie embarrassed and defeated by an upstart "girl" many years later, she still wears the scar of the battle under her right eye.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury that goes toward motive. Lifelong enemies have been made with less reason.
    Nice find! I didn't notice that.

I really wish they gave her brown eyes or red hair. I'm interested to aee how Sampere will differentiate her from Cassie

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Also - why is Emelie wearing Diana's original New 52 costume? Is there some connection to an event from that era?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nice find! I didn't notice that.

I really wish they gave her brown eyes or red hair. I'm interested to aee how Sampere will differentiate her from Cassie
    She doesn't look like Cassie to me, she just has blonde hair/blue eyes. Cassie is quite short and typically has softer features.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Also - why is Emelie wearing Diana's original New 52 costume? Is there some connection to an event from that era?
    Could be a deliberate meta-commentary, depicting n52 characterization/lore/aesthetics as the "enemy."

Which reminds me - how do people feel about Diana's outfit being standard Amazon armor rather than something unique to her? Personally I love it, and I like that she wears the base armor even though there are other Amazons like Nubia who wear non-standard garb. I think it's especially important in this story to emphasize that she's one of the Amazons and not an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    She doesn't look like Cassie to me, she just has blonde hair/blue eyes. Cassie is quite short and typically has softer features.

Could be a deliberate meta-commentary, depicting n52 characterization/lore/aesthetics as the "enemy."

Which reminds me - how do people feel about Diana's outfit being standard Amazon armor rather than something unique to her? Personally I love it, and I like that she wears the base armor even though there are other Amazons like Nubia who wear non-standard garb. I think it's especially important in this story to emphasize that she's one of the Amazons and not an exception.
    I don't think I'll ever buy that outfit being armor. Especially in its American flag swimsuit version.

I'm still in favor of white and gold being Diana's colours.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-31-2023 at 06:27 AM.

I'm fine with other Amazons having WW-like outfits to show they're from the same culture but I think Diana's outfit should be somewhat more blinged out in comparison.

I guess she looks more like Black Canary. I think most people just attribute "blonde Amazon" with Cassie.

I feel like Diana should look unique because she's the main character and the Champion, and also it just feels kind of lazy to me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess she looks more like Black Canary. I think most people just attribute "blonde Amazon" with Cassie.

I feel like Diana should look unique because she's the main character and the Champion, and also it just feels kind of lazy to me here.
    I don't like the knock-off aspect of it, the designs are similar to Diana's but always inferior. For instance Emelie's bodice has metal at the top of it, but it's not shaped like a =W= it's just 3 generic metal ridges, so why are they there? It's brand identification without the genuine logo, which makes it feel cheap and fake.

froot loops.jpg

It's like your mom trying to convince you that both of these are equal, when you know they're not. One is delicious, the other is going to sit in the cabinet for 3 years untouched.

I prefer the Amazons Attack designs because they were like Diana's but switched up the colors and silhouettes based on titles and functions, the way a real nation's military would.

AMAZONS ATTACK ARMOR.jpg

Personally I’ve always liked Diana’s armor being singular as opposed to being standard issue for the Amazons. I like that makes Diana stand out, but also it’s an opportunity to create new designs of clothing, armor and “uniforms” (e.g. archers, calvary, etc.) for the other Amazons.