Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I’m already sold on issue number two and I’ve just gotten to the panel where Diana‘s opponent in the tournament asks for her name in return for mercy and Diana replies, “Win it.”
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’m already sold on issue number two and I’ve just gotten to the panel where Diana‘s opponent in the tournament asks for her name in return for mercy and Diana replies, “Win it.”
    This was my part...

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    You all undersold it, this was an instant classic issue. This was the issue you give to people who've never read Wonder Woman before. This is going in the next adaption, animated and live action. Tom King killed it.

If you read this before Amazons Attack you read it in the wrong order, because it was the appetizer, this was the main course and the backup (with Artemis, finally!) was the dessert.

Five Stars!
    Would you say it was a bit reminiscent of volume 2's issue 196 where was to acquire a dictator for the UN while minimizing damage and loss of life?

My one complaint: couldn't King come up with a better Amazon name than Emilie?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    My one complaint: couldn't King come up with a better Amazon name than Emilie?
    I was thinking the Amazon opponent could be Hippolyta, then I settled on hoping it was Mala, but Emelie was a nice surprise. It looks like we may have another Alkyone or Aresia in our midst, a rogue Amazon starting trouble with Man's World. It could be some form of mind control, but her personality as presented so far seems as though she'd be capable of murdering 19 men.

But yeah the name Emelie sounds too WASPy, despite its unusual spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Would you say it was a bit reminiscent of volume 2's issue 196 where was to acquire a dictator for the UN while minimizing damage and loss of life?
    No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    It’s my main issue with King. He doesn’t wrote stories to fit characters, he writes characters to fit stories…and often time he writes them wildly out of character.
    I had never read a Tom King book before, and his "Wonder Woman" (in quotes, yes), is not making me want to read anything else from him. I am sure this will sell better than usual, because King is popular, and because the Diana that has no problem killing humans, would drag men by their necks with her lasso, and talks like a generic dime-a-dozen warrior woman is always going to validate the average fanboy's cliched idea of Wonder Woman being "a badass." Oh, well.

Fantastic Member

Is the trident part of Emelie's reputation/honour something obvious I'm forgetting?
    Could it allude to Queen Clea?

Emelie... Eme-LIE... M-LIE.... mmm

I'm looking for a reason for a not-so-amazon name

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

This team said this run was about showing how powerful and awesome WW is. So far she is just weak as usual. Fighting an army of soldiers is nothing impressive. She should have come out of that totally unharmed. It wasn't really bad i guess. But how can it take her hours? I don't get it. Looks like my expectations are too high.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 10-25-2023 at 07:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We've seen it a million times but it never gets old. Esp when drawn sooo well.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We've seen it a million times but it never gets old. Esp when drawn sooo well.

Nothing impressive. Wounded by USa soldiers and needing hours to beat them. Pathetically weak Street level wonder at her best. Not what i wanted and expected from this team wanking this run so much.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Nothing impressive. Wounded by USa soldiers and needing hours to beat them. Pathetically weak Street level wonder at her best. Not what i wanted and expected from this team wanking this run so much.
    Where is she wounded?

My favorite Batman/Spider-Man/Daredevil street-level issue was when they one-shoted an entire army.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    So a normal street level fighter can take on an entire army? You think a normal street fighter can handle that much heat? Thats not such an easy feat to achieve when you had a lot of men firing all kinds of things at you while you’re only carrying your lasso, tiara, and bracelets as weapons. Army of 1.