Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Where is she wounded?
    You can see blood and scratches. It is not street level. I exaggerated. But not that big of a feat either. Hours it took her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    My favorite Batman/Spider-Man/Daredevil street-level issue was when they one-shoted an entire army.
    Ok it is not street level i know. But it took her hour. How is that a one shotted moment?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So a normal street level fighter can take on an entire army? You think a normal street fighter can handle that much heat? Thats not such an easy feat to achieve when you had a lot of men firing all kinds of things at you while you’re only carrying your lasso, tiara, and bracelets as weapons. Army of 1.
    No. Street levelers can't. But WW shouldn't need hours to do it. With her so called speed? She should have ended it in a second. Yes i said a second. I don't expect less from the stronger than hercules, faster than mercury amazon. It took her hours. They should have brought more special weaponry. Robots. So then it would make sense to see the fight taking longer to end.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    No. Street levelers can't. But WW shouldn't need hours to do it. With her so called speed? She should have ended it in a second. Yes i said a second. I don't expect less from the stronger than hercules, faster than mercury amazon. It took her hours. They should have brought more special weaponry. Robots. So then it would make sense to see the fight taking longer to end.
    It doesn’t seem like she was trying to really attack them. They were coming at her and she follow with reaction. Also we don’t know how long it really took? It’s still daylight when she’s done after all.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You can see blood and scratches. It is not street level. I exaggerated. But not that big of a feat either. Hours it took her.
    WHERE IS THE BLOOD? Show me. All I see is dirt. And if she has scratches...it aint from a solider. Its from a nuke.

But its the same old same old. When I see something different instead of 24/7 negativity...i'll care.

WHERE IS THE BLOOD? Show me. All I see is dirt. And if she has scratches...it aint from a solider. Its from a nuke.

But its the same old same old. When I see something different instead of 24/7 negativity...i'll care.
    On the panel you posted. But it was a battle that lasted hours. The comic says how she has fought the worse kinds of things. How can it take her hours to beat the usa army? Why couldn't they bring robots, special tanks, laser canons etc. That would make it all make sense.

We've seen it a million times but it never gets old. Esp when drawn sooo well.

Top 3 all-time bullets and bracelets moment for me. Others are the first time she does it in Perez's run (which is great because it's funny and expressive) and Nicola Scott's iconic splash in Year One.

Nothing impressive. Wounded by USa soldiers and needing hours to beat them. Pathetically weak Street level wonder at her best. Not what i wanted and expected from this team wanking this run so much.
    She emerges untouched after tanking a massive barrage of missiles and looks a little dirty/scuffed up after taking out tens of thousands of men armed with heavy artillery and special bullets that can cut through Amazon steel...all after explicitly telling Steve she'll do everything she can to go easy on them. We also know from the solicits that the entire arc follows the Sovereign and his men looking for a way to take her out because there's no earthly force that can beat her. How is that street level??

Ok it is not street level i know. But it took her hour. How is that a one shotted moment?
    Because it would be boring and not nearly as visually impressive if this was all done in panel/page.

Because it would be boring and not nearly as visually impressive if this was all done in panel/page.
    That is why they could have brought laser canons, robots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Top 3 all-time bullets and bracelets moment for me. Others are the first time she does it in Perez's run (which is great because it's funny and expressive) and Nicola Scott's iconic splash in Year One.

She emerges untouched after tanking a massive barrage of missiles and looks a little dirty/scuffed up after taking out tens of thousands of men armed with heavy artillery and special bullets that can cut through Amazon steel...all after explicitly telling Steve she'll do everything she can to go easy on them. We also know from the solicits that the entire arc follows the Sovereign and his men looking for a way to take her out because there's no earthly force that can beat her. How is that street level??
    Street levelers can't. But WW shouldn't need hours to do it. They should have brought more special weaponry. Robots. So then it would make sense to see the fight taking longer to end.

Street levelers can't. But WW shouldn't need hours to do it. They should have brought more special weaponry. Robots. So then it would make sense to see the fight taking longer to end.
    If they would’ve brought robots and lasers, it would honestly be the same result…but I believe they will go to the next level

I get upset too quickly i know. It is DC that made me this way. I will try to stay calm and see how everything else unfolds.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Some won't be happy until we get 3 page issue. 2 pages for set up, 1 for Diana beating everyone in 1 panel at the speed of light

I get upset too quickly i know. It is DC that made me this way. I will try to stay calm and see how everything else unfolds.
    I think you get angry without much reason in this case, and I think one can find a logical explanation like several posters here did.
    Relax and enjoy, it's one of the best things we've seen in terms of fighting, art, and maybe plot in a while.

If you ask me, yes, I would have preferred that the Sovereign or Steel hire some super villain to attack Diana and not just the US army, but since the premise is the EEUU vs. Diana, it makes sense, and I think Diana is quite restrained, she is wonderful , she looks powerful, I liked the whole execution and I never saw her weak or at street level.
    And for the cry-ones who are horrified because she grabbed a soldier by the neck, or because she had violent words against the enemy, you have to understand that Diana is angry, and she has the right to be angry, I think you don't get the dimension of what It is happening, the Amazons are being attacked, persecuted, murdered, without any reason to justify it. So yes, I understand Diana's reaction, which is quite restrained for the situation.

Wow...as if I weren't enjoying this story enough on its own plot merits, then King addresses the origin--and let's me have my clay back! He may have a fan for life. Ha HA!

Seriously, though, this is turning out to be the kind of story where with each month's new installment I'm going to go back to issue #1 and read it all over again.

For someone who publicly expressed hesitation about writing the character, so far, King writes like he looooves WW.

I really appreciate all the subtle and not subtle acknowledgments of Wonder Woman lore.

(And foul-mouthed Steve is a very funny Steve.)

Is the indication supposed to be that Diana used the lasso as a defensive tool to survive the bombing? We see her flesh is not impervious. (And for that I'm also grateful.)

Do I have any quibbles? My Diana would not have called the soldiers "pathetic".

ETA: Shout out to Sampere for continued excellence!
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-25-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.