Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This was my part...

So many badass moments...
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Emelie... Eme-LIE... M-LIE.... mmm

I'm looking for a reason for a not-so-amazon name
    This is the only thing that I really can't stand about this run so far. What a random ass name. Just bring back Alkyone or Dalma or Orana or literally any of the other "bad" amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably as good as WW fans are going to get when it comes to recanonizing the clay origin. Clearly the higher ups are waiting for what Gunn (or whoever he hands DCU WW off to) decides to do with her backstory in the DCU. Great art, lots of scenes of WW kicking ass, and forcing Trevor to the opposite side is a welcome decision for me. We get to dig into what Trevor values and how he's going to balance his oath to America with his love for Diana. So the Amazon who killed those people was the same one Diana beat in the contest to become WW in the first place? I like where this is going, but is she an agent of Sovereign or is this something else? Maybe she's working for another one of Diana's Rogues.
    Remember that Tom King is in James Gunn's DCU writing/idea room, so I'd be more than willing to bet that the clay origin is back.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wait don't Paradise Island Amazons have the thing where their population is increased because the souls of women abused by men reincarnate there upon death?

I feel like thats a decent enough explanation for why their names are all over the place.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This is the only thing that I really can't stand about this run so far. What a random ass name. Just bring back Alkyone or Dalma or Orana or literally any of the other "bad" amazons.
    Since she's blonde and faced Diana in the Contest, I wish this was just Mala. She's been around since the Golden Age with no big stories to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Since she's blonde and faced Diana in the Contest, I wish this was just Mala. She's been around since the Golden Age with no big stories to speak of.
    Had the same thoughts.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I like when she hit the tank with the other tank.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait don't Paradise Island Amazons have the thing where their population is increased because the souls of women abused by men reincarnate there upon death?

I feel like thats a decent enough explanation for why their names are all over the place.
    I think that stopped at a certain point only to pick up again when Nubia became queen, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    No. Street levelers can't. But WW shouldn't need hours to do it. With her so called speed? She should have ended it in a second. Yes i said a second. I don't expect less from the stronger than hercules, faster than mercury amazon. It took her hours. They should have brought more special weaponry. Robots. So then it would make sense to see the fight taking longer to end.
    The answer there is right on the page.

She intends to exhaust the opposition's will to keep fighting without actually hurting them.

It's exactly what she said she would do.

That she took her time doing so probably says more about that she believed the opposition needed to be in a fight that long before losing the will to fight than anything else.

Again, it's really all there as the story unfolds.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

She intends to exhaust the opposition's will to keep fighting without actually hurting them.

It's exactly what she said she would do.

That she took her time doing so probably says more about that she believed the opposition needed to be in a fight that long before losing the will to fight than anything else.

Again, it's really all there as the story unfolds.
    It is a logical explanation. I will take it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

So you are telling me that she did not hurt a single person? SO nobody was inside any of the tanks, choppers and other vehicles she crushed with that big ass tank?
    Ok...

ETA: suspension of disbelief is always necessary in order to enjoy many of the comic book stories we read, of course. But let's not act as if all these metal giants were remote controlled. She must've hurt somebody, and she knew she would, because the scene did not seem at all like she was trying NOT to hurt anyone (which is what I dislike about this Diana. The dragging a dude by his neck using the lasso already pushed the limits of how much disbelief I could suspend in regard to Diana hurting humans). And yes, I am salty...
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 10-25-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    So you are telling me that she did not hurt a single person? SO nobody was inside any of the tanks, choppers and other vehicles she crushed with that big ass tank?
    Ok...

ETA: suspension of disbelief is always necessary in order to enjoy many of the comic book stories we read, of course. But let's not act as if all these metal giants were remote controlled. She must've hurt somebody, and she knew she would, because the scene did not seem at all like she was trying NOT to hurt anyone (which is what I dislike about this Diana. The dragging a dude by his neck using the lasso already pushed the limits of how much disbelief I could suspend in regard to Diana hurting humans). And yes, I am salty...
    Do you think she should just attack her and kill her people because of one rogue Amazon? It doesn’t say she hurt anyone, but she can’t always talk herself out of conflict. She made an example. And she will make another example.

Ok...

Politely, it feels like you are coming at it from the wrong angle.

Someone's issue with the way things played out was that it should have been a wrap in less than five minutes.

So...

Someone who can actually do that?

She fought the fight on the page without actually hurting them when we account for that probably hundreds of folks easy could have wound up crippled/in a permanent coma.

Was she probably as cruel as she absolutely needed to be to break the will of the particular force she was facing?

Yes.

Did it ever once seem like she was intentionally making a move with that in mind?

Not really. They absolutely got off easy.

Past all of that...

Go over what actually is on the page sorta closely.

The tanks?

I don't even see them all that smashed up.

The soldiers under the tank she swung?

I don't honestly know that they exist.

Some in front of it?

Sure. We do see them. Doesn't look like any of them will even need so much as a cast though.

Correct. No body no foul. Unless the story explicitly says or shows that the hero killed, we can assume everyone miraculously survived with concussions at worst. Same way Batman gets away with brutally beating thugs unconscious but none of them die from internal bleeding caused by head trauma.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-26-2023 at 01:20 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/