Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is the villain? I see they have the purple/green villain motif, too.
    The old Superman villain named Amalak
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Amalak_(Earth-One)

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    If the idea is that she has multiple covers I'll be quite pleased. It's an interesting concept that almost seems to belong to Superman and yet it's almost never touched.

Also, I can't help but think of Lar-On. But I like this Amalak
    Yeah, I could go for the whole multiple cover identities thing, that could be cool.

Amalak has been pretty good so far, one issue in. Wonder long long his arc will last?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Amalak, former redhead villian who went through a racial bending before it was a thrend among redheads.

That aside. I have a prblem with this book and it is more like a Supergirl book than a Power Girl book. You could paint the suit blue and stamp the S and perfectly would be a book about Supergirl. The personality of this Karais not the feisty, more assertive /aggressive Power Girl. A character used to gave orders and not be insecure on a boss. It seems like the original idea was to make a Supergirl series and then plans changed and they gave this series to Power Girl. I mean, they even gave her Streaky as a cat.
    Sadly it seems like both characters, previously more differenciated, had become interchangeable between them.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I know it's probably wrong to get hung on this name thing, but reading 'Paige' as her name takes me out of the story immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Doesn't she own her own company?
    That was the old continuity. In this new one a lot seems to be different.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I know it's probably wrong to get hung on this name thing, but reading 'Paige' as her name takes me out of the story immediately.
    Same!! It's like a record scratch every time I read it, and I feel like they're throwing it in there more than anyone else gets their name used to try and normalise it.

This whole direction for PG is so weird and unnecessary, I don't get it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Amalak, former redhead villian who went through a racial bending before it was a thrend among redheads.

That aside. I have a prblem with this book and it is more like a Supergirl book than a Power Girl book. You could paint the suit blue and stamp the S and perfectly would be a book about Supergirl. The personality of this Karais not the feisty, more assertive /aggressive Power Girl. A character used to gave orders and not be insecure on a boss. It seems like the original idea was to make a Supergirl series and then plans changed and they gave this series to Power Girl. I mean, they even gave her Streaky as a cat.
    Sadly it seems like both characters, previously more differenciated, had become interchangeable between them.

I agree. I just read it and “Paige” is to demure and unsure of herself to be the Power Girl I’m familiar with. This is much more a Supergirl book.