The Flash #2 Preview
    Writer: Si Spurrier
    Artist: Mike Deodato Jr.

Some trippy visuals and paneling.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man even the preview is extremally wordy

Yeah. Show, don't tell, Spurrier.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This was a good issue. Amazing art! Just love Deodatos work. I'm really intrigued to see where this mystery with the speed force is going. And what is up with the Stillness and Grodds involvement. Wally keeps being referred to as the criminal. Since Flash #800. Makes me wonder if Savatar is involved somehow. Feels like something he would say. Also, cool to see Barry at the end of the book.

I like that the book is a meaty read. Feel like I get my monies worth. What did everyone else think?
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I've got no problem with how wordy this book is. If Spurrier was a bad writer I might, but a think his craft is OK, above average even, if a little unorthodox. And it is a reading medium after all.

But I'm old, and my frame of reference may be a little skewed. Comics were VERY wordy in the 80s, IIRC.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 10-25-2023 at 05:37 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I've got no problem with how wordy this book is. If Sprite was a bad writer I might, but a think his craft is OK, above average even if a little unorthodox. And it is a reading medium after all.

But I'm old, and my frame of reference may be a little skewed. Comics were VERY wordy in the 80s, IIRC.
    Yeah, I legitimately appreciate how wordy it is. It takes me time to read it and it feels worth the price like it was back in the day. There are so many modern comics I finish so fast and even if they're good, there's a part of me goes, "That's it?" They packed so much content into older books.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I've got no problem with how wordy this book is. If Spurrier was a bad writer I might, but a think his craft is OK, above average even, if a little unorthodox. And it is a reading medium after all.

This book feels a bit like Morrisons Animal Man to me. And yeah the 80's comics were a lot more wordy than they have been the last 20 years or so.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!