Incredible Member

Default Did Mike Kaluta do it first?

The bracelet reflection in issue #2's cover reminded me of the Adam Hughes cover to 152, and then I remembered this pre-crisis cover by Mike Kaluta, which got me wondering - is Kaluta's the first cover that does this, or is there an earlier version? The bracelets weren't really super shiny until Perez, so it seems possible. Anyone know of an earlier example?

WW 297.jpg

Astonishing Member

I would guess Kaluta was first for the reasons you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The bracelet reflection in issue #2's cover reminded me of the Adam Hughes cover to 152, and then I remembered this pre-crisis cover by Mike Kaluta, which got me wondering - is Kaluta's the first cover that does this, or is there an earlier version? The bracelets weren't really super shiny until Perez, so it seems possible. Anyone know of an earlier example?

WW 297.jpg
    While not illustrated to show reflections of images, Diana does use her bracelets to reflect the sun onto Mars' ring to make it expand , and fall off of Nubia's finger. So they would have to be shiny to do that.

But if you mean actually illustrated with reflections of images? Then yes, this cover it probably the first time.

Fantastic Member

Wasn't there an episode of the Super Friends where Wonder Woman uses the reflection in her bracelet to view Medusa instead of looking at her directly?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Wasn't there an episode of the Super Friends where Wonder Woman uses the reflection in her bracelet to view Medusa instead of looking at her directly?
    Oo yes! Good call!

I like looking at the tiaras, logo changes and how the arms almost move.