Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Default JMD has come out with a Kraven one-shot on Marvel Unlimited

It’s pretty goo I’d encourage everyone to check it out, it covers Kraven’s history pretty well but most importantly it sets up the path and motivation for the new Kraven we have been following ever since Hunted, having a strong motivation and not wanting to be stuck in the same cycle as his father. It’s strange that we’re finally addressing the aftermath of Hunted, even during Sinister War and Beyond it was treated mostly as if Kraven was still the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    It’s pretty goo I’d encourage everyone to check it out, it covers Kraven’s history pretty well but most importantly it sets up the path and motivation for the new Kraven we have been following ever since Hunted, having a strong motivation and not wanting to be stuck in the same cycle as his father. It’s strange that we’re finally addressing the aftermath of Hunted, even during Sinister War and Beyond it was treated mostly as if Kraven was still the original.
    How did we ever deserve DeMatteis. Pleasant surprise.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Surprising but neat .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    How did we ever deserve DeMatteis. Pleasant surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprising but neat .
    Indeed . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's not exactly a rarity to have more Kraven content from JMD...

There was Soul of the Hunter
    There were numerous Vermin appearances in his first Spectacular Spider-Man run
    There was the Chameleon crossover
    There was the annual retelling the first encounter with Kraven
    There was the Chameleon story in his second Spectacular Spider-Man run
    There was the Kraven's son story in his second Spectacular Spider-man run
    There was the Kaine VS Kraven back-up in Grim Hunt.

I may have missed one.

I do not regret the existence of any of these comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

how many sons and clones have there been at this point?

Is one still a hollywood producer?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many sons and clones have there been at this point?

Is one still a hollywood producer?
    Pretty sure they killed him in Grim Hunt.

Astonishing Member

JMD doing lemonade again

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Pretty sure they killed him in Grim Hunt.
    Alyosha? Yeah, they did.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

It’s strange that we’re finally addressing the aftermath of Hunted, even during Sinister War and Beyond it was treated mostly as if Kraven was still the original.
    The curious thing is that it seems it's mostly the impression we got from Kraven's letter (and editorial possibly finally finding a 'final' solution for the Kraven concern and his litanny of offspring), but even in Sinister War, Rhino is already saying current Kraven is the Last Son and not actually Sergei. There was also no shortage of workers in Kraven's (second) burial (I mean, the "he's DEAD" kind), so maybe Chameleon just casually spilled the beans or something. Ben would have no way to know in Beyond, and I guess Kraven just didn't want to go there in their confrontation.

Spidey might not have known and he only knew it when the Last Son told him in "First Hunt", but Wells' stories tending to be light on text (something we could already see from Beyond), if that were the case it was just glossed over. About the most glaring case of being treated as the original is being called "Sergei" by Ock and others, but at this point I guess Marvel'll chalk it down to "he's already aping the style, they don't even know what to call him".
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Thumbs up

Jeez just let the concept die, it is pathetic at this point. Kraven's story was told brilliantly in Karaven's Last Hunt we do not need any more retellings of a masterpiece it is like remaking the Godfather, Casablanca, or 2001: A Space Odessy....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alyosha? Yeah, they did.
    That was a mercy kill. There's now way the character could ever live down "Get Kraven."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That was a mercy kill. There's now way the character could ever live down "Get Kraven."
    Heh, point.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alyosha? Yeah, they did.
    It was more implied. Ana Kraven made some comment that clearly indicated she wanted to get rid of her older brother, but I don't believe it was ever confirmed.

In comics, if there's a body there's often some return. If there's no body, there's not even a question of whether a character likely survived.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It was more implied. Ana Kraven made some comment that clearly indicated she wanted to get rid of her older brother, but I don't believe it was ever confirmed.

In comics, if there's a body there's often some return. If there's no body, there's not even a question of whether a character likely survived.
    We saw, I don't remember which comic exactly (not sure if it was a Kaine Scarlet Spider book) where they closed in on his face "no, don't do it" and she says something (or does not) but it was an off-screen kill.

Yeah, none of what I said goes against your post in the slightest. But it shows at least the intent in just wiping the slate clean. It doesn't seem like even DeMatteis had much of a stake in Alyosha, despite being the one who came up with him and writing a fairly strong setup, so I guess he's just going to stay dead as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Not in a world where Miles Warren roams alive, my friend!
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.