Default Does fourth-wall breaking offer any advantage in a standard rumble?

Certain comic book characters are able to "break the fourth wall," displaying awareness of us readers and the implication that they are fictional characters. Deadpool, She-Hulk, Ambush Bug, etc. Does that knowledge offer any sort of advantage in a standard rumble here?

I think with that fourth wall breaking usually involves knowledge beyond the general info they would get, so it depends on that knowledge really.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

As always, it depends on the feats.

If all it encompasses is 'knows they are fictional characters', I don't see how that will help.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Gives Lobo an excuse when he loses to Wolverine.

Twilight Sparkle could I suppose use it like a D-Dump if she ever remembered she teleported out of the cartoon that one time.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Characters who are able to not only be aware of the 4th wall but also step outside it and redraw the story have a major advantage. But just awareness? Not really. Maybe you could argue they’d get more than ‘standard’ knowledge, but how much by is so nebulous that… bleh.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Certain comic book characters are able to "break the fourth wall," displaying awareness of us readers and the implication that they are fictional characters. Deadpool, She-Hulk, Ambush Bug, etc. Does that knowledge offer any sort of advantage in a standard rumble here?
    Oh heck ya. If I was a comic book character who could break the 4th wall. I'd just read the forum, see what wins and loses fights on that forum, and demand my writer start consistently giving me abilities that win on that forum.

Really, though, it just depends on the character. It worked for Dr. Manhattan. Not that he ever seemed to be able to break the 4th wall (but that's what he wanted us to think). He finally said, "This "Watchmen" stuff isn't enough. I'm tired of hearing how I'm a bad character for Rumbles. Give me some serious cosmic feats".
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Characters who are able to not only be aware of the 4th wall but also step outside it and redraw the story have a major advantage. But just awareness? Not really. Maybe you could argue they’d get more than ‘standard’ knowledge, but how much by is so nebulous that… bleh.
    Good point. Bugs Bunny is a great example of a character who can step out of the story and redraw/ rewrite the story.
    Power with Girl is better.