Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE is coming back to set up the next SPIDER-VERSE event!

Another year, another SPIDER-VERSE! Hopefully the main event itself has another SPIDER-GIRLS spin-off book like Spider-Geddon did.

https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-cl...ign=socialflow
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Another year, another SPIDER-VERSE! Hopefully the main event itself has another SPIDER-GIRLS spin-off book like Spider-Geddon did.

https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-cl...ign=socialflow
    That would be nice. On another note, considering how surprisingly similar Spider-Man/Peter Parker and Cyclops/Scott Summers are in some ways . . . this variant merger of them makes sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ugh, the last Spider-Verse event was really bad imo. I hope this new one is a least a step up from that.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be nice. On another note, considering how surprisingly similar Spider-Man/Peter Parker and Cyclops/Scott Summers are in some ways . . . this variant merger of them makes sense.
    Yeah, that'll be an interesting What If? to explore for sure.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

How many cool new alternate Spider-men will they introduce... simply to kill them off?

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I always eye-roll at these Spider-Verse announcements and then I enjoy them in the end. I will say though that every event becomes weaker and more predictable than the first one, while not addressing some of the previous events' dangling plotlines.

I'll stay optimistic about this next Spider-Verse event since we do have some new players on the board and every current spider in the 616 has had some interesting developments this last year. I just hope that it's at least better than the last one.

Mighty Member

I'm the audience for this kind of thing. I believe Marvel will, at least in the short term, keep Peter on the sidelines for the SV events, but I hope some of the more established, but currently title-less characters get highlighted in the next event - Mayday and Kaine in particular, but there are a few good options.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I'm so tired of the Spider-Verse. Though some of the stories might be fun. But now it feels like they're straight up just doing straightforward mash-ups with other Marvel heroes (are they running out of ideas?).

I wonder if Gage is going to write this one. Are he and Slott going to alternate writing Spider-Verse events?
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm the audience for this kind of thing. I believe Marvel will, at least in the short term, keep Peter on the sidelines for the SV events, but I hope some of the more established, but currently title-less characters get highlighted in the next event - Mayday and Kaine in particular, but there are a few good options.
    Honestly Peter's role in Spider-Verse events are pretty spotty and generally feel like they don't even want him to be there .

Hopefully Arana will get something to do. I was surprised she didn't get at least a mini after reverting to her original identity in the End of Spider-Verse event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I mean, yeah, there's another movie out next year. *shrugs*

Seriously, I'm cool if there's a new, interesting story to tell. There's literally an infinite multiverse of them.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

For me, the event books themselves are entertaining, but I really like the side adventures - Scarlet Spiders was quite fun - so I hope we get a couple well-constructed minis with a good contrast of characters. And maybe no Inheritors this time. Big diminishing returns at this point
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm so tired of the Spider-Verse. Though some of the stories might be fun. But now it feels like they're straight up just doing straightforward mash-ups with other Marvel heroes (are they running out of ideas?).

I wonder if Gage is going to write this one. Are he and Slott going to alternate writing Spider-Verse events?

Honestly Peter's role in Spider-Verse events are pretty spotty and generally feel like they don't even want him to be there .
    Nearly every marvel multiverse story that has been published for some time has been just about mash-ups heroes. What-If...? Miles Morales (Miles+Captain America, Miles+Wolverine, Miles+Hulk, Miles+Thor), Spider-Gwen: Shadow Clones (Not really a multiverse story, but same vibe: Gwen + Doc Ock, Gwen + Sandman, Gwen+Rhino, Gwen+Vulture), Devil's Reign: Superior Four (Doc Ock + Hulk, Doc Ock + Ghost Rider, Doc Ock + Wolverine), The Variants (Jessica Jones + Cap America), Edge of the Spider-Verse vol 2 (Spider-Man + Felicia Hardy, Spider-man + Kraven the Hunter)...

And do you remember the Infinity Warps? A whole universe of mashed-up Marvel heroes with characters like Soldier Supreme (Steve Rogers + Steven Strange), AracKnight (Peter Parker + Marc Spector), Ghost Panther (Black Panther + Ghost Rider) or Weapon Hex (X-23 + Scarlet Witch).
    Last edited by Marvel Man; 10-24-2023 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Minor mistake.

I’m just hopi g that whatever Spider-Verse story comes out if this isn’t as underwhelming as End of Spider-Verse, sidelining the actual fan favorites that people read these events for in favor of the D-squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Nearly every marvel multiverse story that has been published for some time has been just about mash-ups heroes. What-If...? Miles Morales (Miles+Captain America, Miles+Wolverine, Miles+Hulk, Miles+Thor), Spider-Gwen: Shadow Clones (Not really a multiverse story, but same vibe: Gwen + Doc Ock, Gwen + Sandman, Gwen+Rhino, Gwen+Vulture), Devil's Reign: Superior Four (Doc Ock + Hulk, Doc Ock + Ghost Rider, Doc Ock + Wolverine), The Variants (Jessica Jones + Cap America), Edge of the Spider-Verse vol 2 (Spider-Man + Felicia Hardy, Spider-man + Kraven the Hunter)...

And do you remember the Infinity Warps? A whole universe of mashed-up Marvel heroes where characters like Soldier Supreme (Steve Rogers + Steven Strange), AracKnight (Peter Parker + Marc Spector), Ghost Panther (Black Panther + Ghost Rider) or Weapon Hex (X-23 + Scarlet Witch).
    I'm all Multiversed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m just hopi g that whatever Spider-Verse story comes out if this isn’t as underwhelming as End of Spider-Verse, sidelining the actual fan favorites that people read these events for in favor of the D-squad.
    Or Spidergeddon that had to bend over backwards to make everybody cool with Doc Ock.

They should do creative reimaginings like Uncle Ben and Peter being a crimefighting duo instead of simply 'Spider-Man but cowboy or a dinosaur'. Those stuff are only fine to a point. They should be kept to a minimum.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 10-24-2023 at 10:54 AM.