Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’d like to see more of her but with her being less of a completely useless precog and more of her actually taking action. She used to be Arachne yet since becoming Madame Webb, she barely does anything.
    And give her a costume. They had Anya steal her style but now she just wears a coat and shades everywhere. Like why!?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And give her a costume. They had Anya steal her style but now she just wears a coat and shades everywhere. Like why!?
    I actually think it'd be better if Anya used her MC2 look. Yes it's edgy and villain-esque... but so is the current one.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

OKay to post something postive, i think the sole thing I actually did like about End of Spider-Verse was the rebooted universe where Peter never got his powers, but got shot protecting Uncle Ben and Aunt May. It was an interesting thought experiment since so many modern flashbacks like to hone in on the idea of teenage Peter being a misanthrope, so that was a nice change of pace.

But that really could've just been it's own non-Spider-Verse limited series.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    OKay to post something postive, i think the sole thing I actually did like about End of Spider-Verse was the rebooted universe where Peter never got his powers, but got shot protecting Uncle Ben and Aunt May. It was an interesting thought experiment since so many modern flashbacks like to hone in on the idea of teenage Peter being a misanthrope, so that was a nice change of pace.

I thought it was interesting too, but then it turned into Slott trying to hype up Silk again .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

I thought it was interesting too, but then it turned into Slott trying to hype up Silk again .
    Except it was still Peter who came up with all the Spider/Silk-Tech behind the scenes and Peter in the end, even without his spider-powers, who beat Shathra for good, which just went to show that, a la Mary Jane's words to him in Spider-Island, the intrinsic qualities that made Peter Parker Peter Parker in the first place were what made him special well before that spider bite.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Except it was still Peter who came up with all the Spider/Silk-Tech behind the scenes and Peter in the end, even without his spider-powers, who beat Shathra for good, which just went to show that, a la Mary Jane's words to him in Spider-Island, the intrinsic qualities that made Peter Parker Peter Parker in the first place were what made him special well before that spider bite.
    But we still had Silk going through a lot of the same wins that Peter went through smoothly up to that point and then ordering everyone around like she was the main character.

And if Slott's the writer here, expect a big push for Silk again in it. He created Cindy after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

But we still had Silk going through a lot of the same wins that Peter went through smoothly up to that point and then ordering everyone around like she was the main character.
    Fine, that was a bit annoying, though from what I recall, she only really started on that after Peter was "unraveled" halfway through the story. Also, I wouldn't judge the quality of her victories, such as they were, in the world where she was the only one bitten by that spider from a relatively short montage that didn't delve all that deeply into her side of that story as opposed to how much more time was spent going over how Peter's life (could have) developed. He is still the main character, after all, and the first that comes to mind when you think of "Spider-Man."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Spooky-Man and Cyborg Spider-Man have been revealed for Edge of Spider-Verse #2:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/19/sp...pider-verse-2/
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spooky-Man and Cyborg Spider-Man have been revealed for Edge of Spider-Verse #2:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/19/sp...pider-verse-2/
    Spider-High sounds like they're doing a new take on Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane or Mangaverse Spidey. Is that MJ and Felicia on the cover?

Spider-High sounds like they're doing a new take on Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane or Mangaverse Spidey. Is that MJ and Felicia on the cover?
    I think they are new characters that were based on MJ and Felicia.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-20-2023 at 10:07 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

I wish they will give us, in one of the upcomming issues, the reality where MJ got the spider-powers and Peter is just a regular guy.

Edge of Spider-Verse #1

spoilers:
    Madame Web shows up at the end and tasks Spider-Man 2099 with creating the Spider-Society which include Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy), Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker), Arana (Anya Corazon), Spider-Man Noir (Peter Parker), Spider-Ham (Peter Porker), Spider-Punk (Hobie Brown), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Night Spider (Felicia Hardy), Spider-UK and Weapon VIII.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-20-2024 at 05:25 PM.

Edge of Spider-Verse #1

spoilers:
    Madame Web shows up at the end and tasks Spider-Man 2099 with creating the Spider-Society which include Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy), Spider-Girl (May "Mayday" Parker), Arana (Anya Corazon), Spider-Man Noir (Peter Parker), Spider-Ham (Peter Porker), Spider-Punk (Hobie Brown), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Night Spider (Felicia Hardy), Spider-UK and Weapon VIII.
    end of spoilers
    I'm sure this will go as well as the last time they did this team .

spoilers:
    Surprised they didn't throw in the Princess Spider or Web-Weaver...
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Edge of Spider-Verse #1

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No Vanilla 616 Peter?
    end of spoilers