Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So much for the "End" of the Spider-Verse. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m just hopi g that whatever Spider-Verse story comes out if this isn’t as underwhelming as End of Spider-Verse, sidelining the actual fan favorites that people read these events for in favor of the D-squad.
    See now that another sequel is confirmed I'm just going to go ahead and say this last Spider-Verse event was so creatively bankrupt. Felt like a really transparent attempt at trying to create another Spider-Gwen level breakout character. Which, isn't inherently bad but when the central story is spinning on its wheels and, like you said, bench the majority of the cast to make way for all the new variants because its really just a vehicle for them. Yeah.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-24-2023 at 10:57 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

They honestly need to give this all a rest. How many more Edge of Spider-Verse's do we need already? They possibly have something potential going on with Spider-Boy. Why not place resources into making sure that this series is a hit and not a miss.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    They honestly need to give this all a rest. How many more Edge of Spider-Verse's do we need already? They possibly have something potential going on with Spider-Boy. Why not place resources into making sure that this series is a hit and not a miss.
    Fear of Alpha 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    See now that another sequel is confirmed I'm just going to go ahead and say this last Spider-Verse event was so creatively bankrupt. Felt like a really transparent attempt at trying to create another Spider-Gwen level breakout character. Which, isn't inherently bad but when the central story is spinning on its wheels and, like you said, bench the majority of the cast to make way for all the new variants because its really just a vehicle for them. Yeah.
    I think the only one that seemed to take off was Night-Spider (and I guess the Disney Princess Spider) but she's not all that distinct from normal Black Cat.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only one that seemed to take off was Night-Spider (and I guess the Disney Princess Spider) but she's not all that distinct from normal Black Cat.
    First one seems to have been dropped unless they do more with her and the spider princess has an actual push with her being in another book past the last event

I do hope we see minimal Madame Web. Her whole "THE GREAT WEB!!!" shtick has really gotten old and is a big waste of Julia Carpenter as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Nearly every marvel multiverse story that has been published for some time has been just about mash-ups heroes. What-If...? Miles Morales (Miles+Captain America, Miles+Wolverine, Miles+Hulk, Miles+Thor), Spider-Gwen: Shadow Clones (Not really a multiverse story, but same vibe: Gwen + Doc Ock, Gwen + Sandman, Gwen+Rhino, Gwen+Vulture), Devil's Reign: Superior Four (Doc Ock + Hulk, Doc Ock + Ghost Rider, Doc Ock + Wolverine), The Variants (Jessica Jones + Cap America), Edge of the Spider-Verse vol 2 (Spider-Man + Felicia Hardy, Spider-man + Kraven the Hunter)...

And do you remember the Infinity Warps? A whole universe of mashed-up Marvel heroes with characters like Soldier Supreme (Steve Rogers + Steven Strange), AracKnight (Peter Parker + Marc Spector), Ghost Panther (Black Panther + Ghost Rider) or Weapon Hex (X-23 + Scarlet Witch).
    Marvel loves fusions in general. Don't forget, we also got Tarot, Gwenpool, Captain Carter, Deathpool, Heroes Reborn 2k21, War Machine Punisher, Iron Cat, Venomverse, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Red Goblin and Hulkverines.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Marvel loves fusions in general. Don't forget, we also got Tarot, Gwenpool, Captain Carter, Deathpool, Heroes Reborn 2k21, War Machine Punisher, Iron Cat, Venomverse, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Red Goblin and Hulkverines.
    Some fusion can be ridiculous, but some others are totally worth it.

By the way, if they are bringing "Edge of Spider-Verse" again, I hope this time they will give us something I have been waiting to see for a long time from the covers: A world where Mary Jane became Spider-Woman and Peter Parker is just a regular guy.

I think Web-Weaver has a little spot for himself, but he's definitely not the next Spider-Gwen.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Another year, another SPIDER-VERSE! Hopefully the main event itself has another SPIDER-GIRLS spin-off book like Spider-Geddon did.

https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-cl...ign=socialflow
    Oh dear Comic Book Gods deliver us,,,, *sigh*

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly she legit just reads like Felicia in a different outfit.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I liked the Disney Princess Spider-man, but she works best in small doses.

Otherwise, I'd agree that I'm kinda Spider-versed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I liked the Disney Princess Spider-man, but she works best in small doses.

Otherwise, I'd agree that I'm kinda Spider-versed out.
    I think she'd work best if she appeared in a movie. It's kinda hard to fully embrace a character known for singing in a medium with no audio. (The effort is appreciated, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think she'd work best if she appeared in a movie. It's kinda hard to fully embrace a character known for singing in a medium with no audio. (The effort is appreciated, though.)
    I can agree with that. I think she'd kill it if she had a good long scene in a Spiderverse movie.

I do hope we see minimal Madame Web. Her whole "THE GREAT WEB!!!" shtick has really gotten old and is a big waste of Julia Carpenter as a character.
    I’d like to see more of her but with her being less of a completely useless precog and more of her actually taking action. She used to be Arachne yet since becoming Madame Webb, she barely does anything.