Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure this will go as well as the last time they did this team .

spoilers:
    Surprised they didn't throw in the Princess Spider or Web-Weaver...
    end of spoilers
    Or...spoilers:
    Asley
    end of spoilers She feels like a perfect fit.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    spoilers:
    No Vanilla 616 Peter?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nope. Looks like 616 Peter isn't allowed to have...ahem..."fun" Multiverse adventures anymore.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure this will go as well as the last time they did this team .

spoilers:
    Surprised they didn't throw in the Princess Spider or Web-Weaver...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Web-Weaver was there too, I just forgot to add his name.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-21-2024 at 12:27 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I thought the issue was really good, weapon VIII was definitely interesting.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

They’ve been keeping Miguel out of the last few Spider-Verse events because he isn’t the same Miguel all the characters have history with and they would have to confront that and explain him meeting everyone for the first time, does Peter even know that Miguel from End of Spider-Verse was a different person and that original earth-938 Miguel is living out his life on some island?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    They’ve been keeping Miguel out of the last few Spider-Verse events because he isn’t the same Miguel all the characters have history with and they would have to confront that and explain him meeting everyone for the first time, does Peter even know that Miguel from End of Spider-Verse was a different person and that original earth-938 Miguel is living out his life on some island?
    Nope. Peter isn't even aware that the original Miguel is still on Earth-616. I think he just assumes its the same Miguel, especially since they don't interact all that much outside of interdimensional crossovers.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

[QUOTE=CaptainUniverse;6731949]spoilers:
    Nope. Looks like 616 Peter isn't allowed to have...ahem..."fun" Multiverse adventures anymore.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To be fair, they generally aren't all that fun for him...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Web-Weaver was there too, I just forgot to add his name.
    end of spoilers
    Ah, cool .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by betaraybob View Post
    Oh, yeah. Freaky take on a more visibly mutated Spider-Man, though. Will be having a few nightmares, most likely. That, and it also begs the question of why Weapon Plus never went after Captain America in 616/mainline continuity if he was (technically) their first success.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Agreed. Weapon VIII was one of the most interesting multiverse Spideys we've had in a while and I love the Cyclops-esque costume.

Nothing against the others, but it was kinda nice to have an actual Peter Parker variant featured instead of some random OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Agreed. Weapon VIII was one of the most interesting multiverse Spideys we've had in a while and I love the Cyclops-esque costume.

Nothing against the others, but it was kinda nice to have an actual Peter Parker variant featured instead of some random OC.
    Yeah I bet Weapon VIII becomes a little more popular then the basic verse characters. Looks like he will be on the team of misfit spiders led by 2099

Fantastic Member

I'm digging that artstyle for the Spooky Spider-man universe, reminds me of Invader Zim, which i am a big fan of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I'm digging that artstyle for the Spooky Spider-man universe, reminds me of Invader Zim, which i am a big fan of.
    Yeah, it gives big Jhonen Vasquez/Roman Dirge vibes. I dig it.

BANNED

Yeah I bet Weapon VIII becomes a little more popular then the basic verse characters. Looks like he will be on the team of misfit spiders led by 2099
    I wouldn't be surprised. Great design, Wolverine-esque version of Peter. I'm definitely interested in seeing more of him.

...why is this happening again i ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Some fusion can be ridiculous, but some others are totally worth it.

By the way, if they are bringing "Edge of Spider-Verse" again, I hope this time they will give us something I have been waiting to see for a long time from the covers: A world where Mary Jane became Spider-Woman and Peter Parker is just a regular guy.
    MJ Earth-8545
    MJ Earth 92124

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Has it been confirmed that that Miguel is the new one and not the original especially given that the original is still around but just lives in the present day with his wife and their son. And speaking of their son, it could also be him considering that his future counterpart was shown to wear the same design as Miguel.