Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Has it been confirmed that that Miguel is the new one and not the original especially given that the original is still around but just lives in the present day with his wife and their son. And speaking of their son, it could also be him considering that his future counterpart was shown to wear the same design as Miguel.
    It is the new Earth-2099 Miguel, he makes a reference to the horror monsters like Dracula and Man-Thing 2099 that he recently faced off against in the recent Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099 mini in this issue of Edge of Spider-Verse.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-29-2024 at 08:13 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

It's so weird we have two Miguel's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so weird we have two Miguel's.
    Pretty sure there was more than ever since the first Spider-verse event, i mean one was killed by Morlun while the OG was still alive.

Astonishing Member

Sriously, why can't they show us the reality where Mary Jane is the Spider-Hero and Peter is just a "regular guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Pretty sure there was more than ever since the first Spider-verse event, i mean one was killed by Morlun while the OG was still alive.
    Wasn’t just one that was killed. It was all the other Miguels that Marvel had introduced over the years.

And there is one other thing that bothers me here, and this is nitpick i suppose, i don't like how Julia says spider-heroes when in the same issue we see a version of Peter that just killed Steve Rogers by shoving a spider leg into his skull at the behest of Weapon X and before that set Logan on fire as he was trying to free himself from them.

I get that there are either evil (Osborn), morally gray (Assassin) or even anti hero like spiders (Punisher Spider), i do...but to have Julia label them heroes just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Finally Julia herself, i have to ask, there are who knows how many iterations of Peter Parker, Flash Thompson, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Felicia Hardy and so on...but why is Julia seemingly the only Madame Web around? I mean why is there no other versions present? That just never makes sense to me more so because quite frankly Julia is just bad at it i feel.

The difficulty of clairvoyant heroes is that if they're good at their job there's no real tension in the story.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

BANNED

And there is one other thing that bothers me here, and this is nitpick i suppose, i don't like how Julia says spider-heroes when in the same issue we see a version of Peter that just killed Steve Rogers by shoving a spider leg into his skull at the behest of Weapon X and before that set Logan on fire as he was trying to free himself from them.

I get that there are either evil (Osborn), morally gray (Assassin) or even anti hero like spiders (Punisher Spider), i do...but to have Julia label them heroes just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Finally Julia herself, i have to ask, there are who knows how many iterations of Peter Parker, Flash Thompson, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Felicia Hardy and so on...but why is Julia seemingly the only Madame Web around? I mean why is there no other versions present? That just never makes sense to me more so because quite frankly Julia is just bad at it i feel.
    That's a good point, although maybe Julia sees things we don't about Weapon VIII. He seems to be breaking free of his brainwashing, so he may be on the path to becoming a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    The difficulty of clairvoyant heroes is that if they're good at their job there's no real tension in the story.
    There is truth in that, but i just think that making Julia Madame Web was a mistake and she was better off as Spider-Woman.

I still want an ongoing series based on the 1967 cartoon Spider-Man. His world deserves to be revisited and not in a satirical way. Revisit the original villains seen in the cartoon. Also, start introducing comics' villains that they never got around to, but "customize" them for that Silver Age world.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-03-2024 at 07:44 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

There is truth in that, but i just think that making Julia Madame Web was a mistake and she was better off as Spider-Woman.
    Or Arachne, if we had to keep Jessica Drew as the one and main Spider-Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I still want an ongoing series based on the 1967 cartoon Spider-Man. His world deserves to be revisited and not in a satirical way. Revisit the original villains seen in the cartoon. Also, start introducing comics' villains that they never got around to, but "customize" them for that Silver Age world.
    That would be interesting to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

True. The best story she's been in since she became Madame Web was in Mark Waid's Daredevil, which was a bit weird because there was no indication that she actually had any powers.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    True. The best story she's been in since she became Madame Web was in Mark Waid's Daredevil, which was a bit weird because there was no indication that she actually had any powers.
    Uh-huh, and that was after the end of the original Spider-Verse had her wake up without her clairvoyant connection to the Web of Life and Destiny. Then the Prowler mini during The Clone Conspiracy made it look like she had no powers at all, presumably because Cassandra Webb being "reanimated" meant there couldn't be two Madame Webs, though that shouldn't have affected her original Spider-Woman/Arachne powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or Arachne, if we had to keep Jessica Drew as the one and main Spider-Woman.

That would be interesting to see.
    Apologies, i forgot she in fact went by that moniker.

Apologies, i forgot she in fact went by that moniker.
    It's cool. She only went by it after Jessica Drew came back in New Avengers as the official Spider-Woman . . . though since that Jessica turned out to be a Skrull infiltrator . . .