Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 2023-2024 NBA Season

swisherpost-2023-nba-finals-denver-nuggets.jpg

Let's start fresh-

The path to the Denver back-to-back starts tonight with the ring ceremony vs. the Lakers.

The Wembanyama era.

The Dame/Yannis era.

The Harden sets the 6'ers on fire era.

All*Star game in Indianapolis!

Who you got taking it all?

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I'm hoping the positive preseason is just the precursor for a great season for my Boston Celtics.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I dont have a favorite team and dont really care who wins the title. I just enjoy watching good basketball.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dame Lillard was everything as advertised in his debut for Milwaukee, scoring 39 in a 118-117 season opening win over my Sixers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It still feels unreal to me to watch a guy of Wemby's dimensions move the way he does or handle the basketball like a guard, if he can avoid injury and develop he's going to be an absolute freak of nature on the court

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Dame Lillard was everything as advertised in his debut for Milwaukee, scoring 39 in a 118-117 season opening win over my Sixers.
    I looked at the box score and was like damn, and that Buck firepower and they only win by a point. Looked into it and see that my guy Maxey had 31 and Oubre Jr. had 27. Of course Dame brought the hammer but if they can sustain with Maxey and Oubre, asking a lot, they might not be at the bottoms this season. Which is great considering all the BULLSHIT Harden is on.

Also they've been promoting this play in tourney. Seem to fly in the face of load management, not sure how those two will jive. You can really see the league turning over age wise. Chris Paul seems to the poster for go-to old man, legitimately so at 38 and old man Lebron is in his 21st season but KD and Steph are both 35.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It still feels unreal to me to watch a guy of Wemby's dimensions move the way he does or handle the basketball like a guard, if he can avoid injury and develop he's going to be an absolute freak of nature on the court
    I'm kinda late to the Wembanyama wave, still yet to see him in game action but for Paul George to take BACK a comment about somebody, it must be legit.

My side eye has been on this Thunder squad though with about 20 young dudes. They've been stacking picks at the bottom for a time now and Holmgren back for his second rookie season, I got high hopes for them.
    You bet yer ass.

Very interesting start to the season. Wembanyama looks like the real deal, dare I say a taller Kevin Durant?

My Pistons are 1-1, I am not complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I looked at the box score and was like damn, and that Buck firepower and they only win by a point. Looked into it and see that my guy Maxey had 31 and Oubre Jr. had 27. Of course Dame brought the hammer but if they can sustain with Maxey and Oubre, asking a lot, they might not be at the bottoms this season. Which is great considering all the BULLSHIT Harden is on.

Also they've been promoting this play in tourney. Seem to fly in the face of load management, not sure how those two will jive. You can really see the league turning over age wise. Chris Paul seems to the poster for go-to old man, legitimately so at 38 and old man Lebron is in his 21st season but KD and Steph are both 35.
    A late Sixers trey at the horn made the final score closer than it was. Philly played the Bucks tough, rallying from a double digit deficit and even having a second half lead, but couldn't hold it. As for the Harden mess, it doesn't figure to get any better, but, just like with Ben Simmons, GM Daryl Morey won't just give The Beard away just to get rid of him, he'll sit on Harden for as long as it takes until he gets a deal that benefits the team, NOT Harden. As for that play-in tournament, I think it's all nonsense I have no intention of following.

A late Sixers trey at the horn made the final score closer than it was. Philly played the Bucks tough, rallying from a double digit deficit and even having a second half lead, but couldn't hold it. As for the Harden mess, it doesn't figure to get any better, but, just like with Ben Simmons, GM Daryl Morey won't just give The Beard away just to get rid of him, he'll sit on Harden for as long as it takes until he gets a deal that benefits the team, NOT Harden. As for that play-in tournament, I think it's all nonsense I have no intention of following.
    It's very hard to get a good deal for Harden, considering that whoever gets him only gets him on a 1-year contract

I mean how many teams does he have quit on to force a trade to a new team that he'll then quit on to force another trade all while acting incredibly toxic and unprofessional before GMs start putting 2 and 2 together. Keep in mind this current temper tantrum is all allegedly because the 76ers wouldn't break a rule while they're under penalties for breaking that exact same rule to give him a contract like a week early or some ridiculous nonsense
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-30-2023 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean how many teams does he have quit on to force a trade to a new team that he'll then quit on to force another trade all while acting incredibly toxic and unprofessional before GMs start putting 2 and 2 together. Keep in mind this current temper tantrum is all allegedly because the 76ers wouldn't break a rule while they're under penalties for breaking that exact same rule to give him a contract like a week early or some ridiculous nonsense
    That's a very good point that I forgot to mention - would a contending team want to bring him in and risk locker room disruption/ drama?

I expect the 76ers to get very little in return.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    That's a very good point that I forgot to mention - would a contending team want to bring him in and risk locker room disruption/ drama?

I expect the 76ers to get very little in return.
    Maybe so, but GM Daryl Morey is already on record saying he’s not going to just give Harden away for the sake of getting rid of him. Just like with Ben Simmons, Morey will let The Beard sit for as long as it takes until he finds a trade partner who’ll give him what he wants to improve the team, not to please Harden. Perhaps the Sixers might not get much back, but, Morey is still going to try.

Belay my last! Just learned that Harden was shipped off to the Clippers late last night:

https://www.nba.com/news/sixers-trad...arden-clippers
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-31-2023 at 12:59 AM.

Belay my last! Just learned that Harden was shipped off to the Clippers late last night:

https://www.nba.com/news/sixers-trad...arden-clippers
    A loser player sent to a loser franchise. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.