Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    A loser player sent to a loser franchise. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
    Agreed. I heard the sage Kendrick Perkins say he should go to the Lakers, which gave me hope -- cuz Kendrick is always wrong and I did NOT want Harden on my squad. Awesome for the Clippers. I already hate them, so this just adds fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Belay my last! Just learned that Harden was shipped off to the Clippers late last night:

https://www.nba.com/news/sixers-trad...arden-clippers
    How long into the season does he start bitching that he wants out?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    Agreed. I heard the sage Kendrick Perkins say he should go to the Lakers, which gave me hope -- cuz Kendrick is always wrong and I did NOT want Harden on my squad. Awesome for the Clippers. I already hate them, so this just adds fuel to the fire.
    The cynic in me suspects Harden didn’t care if he went to the Clippers or Lakers, he just wanted to be in L.A. to enjoy the nightlife.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    How long into the season does he start bitching that he wants out?
    Probably around the turn of the new year. The Clippers are no closer to the Finals than my Sixers are. Paul George’s best years are behind him while Kawhi Leonard is the poster child for load management, given his brittle he’s been over the last several seasons. On top of that, no way that squad, or any other in the West gets past the Nuggets.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lakers finally break the Clippers win streak against them, and Lebron goes 35/11/7 and is basically going to shatter every old man record in the books

by the way if you want to know how the Clippers future is looking right now, Kawhi, PG, Harden & Russ are all FAs after this year. And the Clippers either don't have or don't control(via pick swap) their first or second round pick for the next 6 years. I honestly think that's why Harden wanted to go there, cause Ballmer may be the only owner desperate enough to pay him next year
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-01-2023 at 10:19 PM.

Incredible Member

In-Season Tournament starts tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    UGH! I kept hoping that was a nightmare I'd wake up from.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    UGH! I kept hoping that was a nightmare I'd wake up from.
    Did you feel that way with the play-in tournament?

Meh! Doesn’t interest me.

Did you feel that way with the play-in tournament?
    I pretty much ignored that too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

After a season opening loss to Milwaukee, my Sixers have won four straight after a 112-100 over shorthanded Phoenix today as the Suns were without Devin Booker and Bradley Beal.

I was going to ask if anyone’s excited/ interested about the in-season tournament - because I’m personally not - but I see you folks have the same opinion.

Besides generating more revenue, I don’t get the point about having Team A as NBA Champions and Team B as Tournament Champions, what does that even mean?!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I was going to ask if anyone’s excited/ interested about the in-season tournament - because I’m personally not - but I see you folks have the same opinion.

Besides generating more revenue, I don’t get the point about having Team A as NBA Champions and Team B as Tournament Champions, what does that even mean?!
    This just occurred to me: it sounds like the NBA is trying to copy those in-season tournaments they have in European soccer leagues. To be honest, I’m not sure that will generate much buzz.

This just occurred to me: it sounds like the NBA is trying to copy those in-season tournaments they have in European soccer leagues. To be honest, I’m not sure that will generate much buzz.
    I think Commissioner Silver mentioned that, that he got the idea from European soccer leagues/cups.

Being European and a soccer fan myself I have two problems with that:
    - In most European soccer leagues, the cups these days are essentially meaningless. Some used to have some weight but that is less and less the case these days
    - In European soccer cups, all the teams from different divisions play together. So, for example: a certain country has Division 1 w/ 20 teams, Division 2 w/ 20 teams, Division 3 (regional) with 30 teams, Division 4 (Local) with 40 teams. While in terms of league play there are four totally separate leagues (one for each Division), in the Cup they are all in the same tournament - the key point here is that a team from Division 3 can host the current Division 1 National Champ, for example, and there are chances for underdog upsets. In the NBA none of that applies as there are 30 teams competing for the title and now also for this in-season tournament

So I fail to see the point - besides generating more revenue for the NBA, OK…

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I think Commissioner Silver mentioned that, that he got the idea from European soccer leagues/cups.

Being European and a soccer fan myself I have two problems with that:
    - In most European soccer leagues, the cups these days are essentially meaningless. Some used to have some weight but that is less and less the case these days
    - In European soccer cups, all the teams from different divisions play together. So, for example: a certain country has Division 1 w/ 20 teams, Division 2 w/ 20 teams, Division 3 (regional) with 30 teams, Division 4 (Local) with 40 teams. While in terms of league play there are four totally separate leagues (one for each Division), in the Cup they are all in the same tournament - the key point here is that a team from Division 3 can host the current Division 1 National Champ, for example, and there are chances for underdog upsets. In the NBA none of that applies as there are 30 teams competing for the title and now also for this in-season tournament

So I fail to see the point - besides generating more revenue for the NBA, OK…
    Or steal interest away from the NFL which is a fool’s errand.

Or steal interest away from the NFL which is a fool’s errand.
    Oh yeah. NFL is king in the US.