Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    At this point, Mary Marvel could change her name to Wonder fanGirl or Wonder Wannabe. I like her under other writers, but they’re really forcing this WW connection on her.
    I would have liked to see Cassie here. She’d bring an interesting perspective as an American native who is deeply connected to WW-lore but doesn’t really belong to any particular tribe (in terms of being a resident at least).
    MM aside, I think the issue is mostly fine. I do have issues with Nubia being so easy to deceive. It’s a case of a character needing to act dumber so the plot goes where the writer needs it to. Could have been handled better, but I was honestly expecting worse after the last WW/Shazam mini.
    I guess I can kind of see the appeal of having a more typical female Superhero around to contrast with the Amazons and offer an outsider perspective...even if said perspective just makes her stick out like a sore thumb.

At this point, Mary Marvel could change her name to Wonder fanGirl or Wonder Wannabe. I like her under other writers, but they’re really forcing this WW connection on her.
    I would have liked to see Cassie here. She’d bring an interesting perspective as an American native who is deeply connected to WW-lore but doesn’t really belong to any particular tribe (in terms of being a resident at least).
    MM aside, I think the issue is mostly fine. I do have issues with Nubia being so easy to deceive. It’s a case of a character needing to act dumber so the plot goes where the writer needs it to. Could have been handled better, but I was honestly expecting worse after the last WW/Shazam mini.
    Mary being around doesn't bother me because the "H" in her Shazam always stood for Hippolyta, it's like she's finally come home.

MARY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Mary being around doesn't bother me because the "H" in her Shazam always stood for Hippolyta, it's like she's finally come home.

MARY.jpg
    I guess it bothers me more in the context of other Wonder characters not getting as much focus.
    If we were getting decent servings of Cassie, Artemis etc I would be fine with her tagging along.
    But in the way it’s been done, she just feels like the writer’s pet character to me.

I hope the reason Cassie is not around is because she’ll finally get a decent role in the WW ongoing.

I guess it bothers me more in the context of other Wonder characters not getting as much focus.
    If we were getting decent servings of Cassie, Artemis etc I would be fine with her tagging along.
    But in the way it’s been done, she just feels like the writer’s pet character to me.

I hope the reason Cassie is not around is because she’ll finally get a decent role in the WW ongoing.
    I honestly feel like Cassie is dying to add gravitas to King's story and to make room for Lizzie. Reading AA #1 it's noticeable that Mary's role could have be filled by Cassie and Faruka II's lines could have just as easily gone to Artemis. There has to be a reason they're not in a book where they clearly belong.

I honestly feel like Cassie is dying to add gravitas to King's story and to make room for Lizzie. Reading AA #1 it's noticeable that Mary's role could have be filled by Cassie and Faruka II's lines could have just as easily gone to Artemis. There has to be a reason they're not in a book where they clearly belong.
    I don't disagree with filling in Cassie for Mary (although I feel like her attempt to talk everyone down wouldn't have made as much sense coming from someone who was more associated with Wonder Woman like a Wonder Girl) but apparently Sampere designed Cassie a new costume which feels like a waste if they're just going to kill her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't disagree with filling in Cassie for Mary (although I feel like her attempt to talk everyone down wouldn't have made as much sense coming from someone who was more associated with Wonder Woman like a Wonder Girl) but apparently Sampere designed Cassie a new costume which feels like a waste if they're just going to kill her off.
    I'm thinking of Supergirl's new costume she got right before Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I hope you're right.

So far, this event is making me yearn for the previous Amazons Attack, which while terrible made a hell of a lot more sense than this story does so far.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

It is the writer from lazaru planet and didn't she write Knight Terrors too? This woman sucks at writing WW lore. I never expected her tp do a good job. She is just obsessed with mary marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So far, this event is making me yearn for the previous Amazons Attack, which while terrible made a hell of a lot more sense than this story does so far.
    Really, how so? There's only been one issue, if you need help figuring out what's going on we're here for you and happy to be of assistance.

Really, how so? There's only been one issue, if you need help figuring out what's going on we're here for you and happy to be of assistance.
    Because it makes no sense to me. An Amazon (apparently) kills a couple of yokels in a bar fight, and suddenly the government outlaws Amazons? I refuse to believe any government, even a fictional one, could move so fast. Then Mary Marvel tries to de-escalate a situation, and she's immediately labeled a criminal? At least in the first Amazons Attack, I recall Wonder Girl accidentally bringing down Air Force One, and Amazons actually invaded Washington DC.

Maybe this gets saved with good writing, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not really digging this direction DC is going in right now. Superman is actually interesting to me, but I'm actively hating Batman right now (yeah, I know he's being driven crazy by the Batman in the amazing technicolor dream cape, but I still think Gotham War is ri-goddang-diculous). I like the Green Arrow book, but at the same time if feels pointless because we've already seen Ollie back with his family at the beginning of the new Birds of Prey series. Besides that, nothing else they are doing interests me.

I'm thinking of Supergirl's new costume she got right before Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I hope you're right.
    Didn't silver and bronze age Supergirl go through costumes almost as much as Wasp at Marvel? Looking at a cover gallery, she had several that didn't even last a year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't silver and bronze age Supergirl go through costumes almost as much as Wasp at Marvel? Looking at a cover gallery, she had several that didn't even last a year.
    Wonder Woman/Supergirl artist Mike Sekowsky really liked drawing costumes, in fact he had Diana Prince gift Supergirl one from her high fashion boutique. There was also a contest in the back of Supergirl where readers submitted their designs and the ones that made the grade, made it into the book.

Supergirl's 80's headband costume was originally designed for the Supergirl movie, but the producers went with a more traditional look. It had already debuted in comics for movie synergy though and she kept it until she was tragically killed in Crisis on Infinite Earths a short time later.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Because it makes no sense to me. An Amazon (apparently) kills a couple of yokels in a bar fight, and suddenly the government outlaws Amazons? I refuse to believe any government, even a fictional one, could move so fast. Then Mary Marvel tries to de-escalate a situation, and she's immediately labeled a criminal? At least in the first Amazons Attack, I recall Wonder Girl accidentally bringing down Air Force One, and Amazons actually invaded Washington DC.

Maybe this gets saved with good writing, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not really digging this direction DC is going in right now. Superman is actually interesting to me, but I'm actively hating Batman right now (yeah, I know he's being driven crazy by the Batman in the amazing technicolor dream cape, but I still think Gotham War is ri-goddang-diculous). I like the Green Arrow book, but at the same time if feels pointless because we've already seen Ollie back with his family at the beginning of the new Birds of Prey series. Besides that, nothing else they are doing interests me.
    The Sovereign and his allies are manipulating events so that the United States is acting extra harsh and much faster than it normally would. That's the same reason a meeting with the president to defuse tension was reported in the media as an assassination attempt. There's an all out assault on Amazon ideals being waged in the court of public opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    She was still intended to be a part of Jon Kent and Damian's trinity. And her proposed CW show was for Wondergirl. I've said this already but Joelle Jones/the wonder woman team shot themselves in the foot making her so old cause now she will be replaced by Trinity as Wondergirl.
    Replaced how trinity isn’t even born yet and Damian and Jon are 14 and 18. We gonna fast forward the whole world for her? Yara is fine in the present.