Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    This was fun..I think I liked it way better than her Wonder Woman horror nights. I wish they would’ve selected a different writer like Steph Williams…I also agree that the story would’ve been better with Cassie instead of Mary…but if Cassie will become a supporting cast member of Wonder Woman than I guess it will be ok. But it was a cool read! Also..is Yara changing her super name as well?
    You mean when she told Mary her name wasn't Wonder Girl? Yara's never liked the name, she thinks she's a woman, not a girl, she'd prefer to be another Wonder Woman (which was the intention when she was created for 5G, and the name she launched under in Future State). Never mind that Batgirl (Barbara), Supergirl and Power Girl are older than her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Have you read Future state Superman/Wonder Woman? She displayed some type of speed in issue 1 I believe when she caught a helicopter. Nubia of the amazons also show a good display of Nubia’s abilities and she was pretty fast when she fought the monster in dooms doorway. The thing you should be wondering is why Josie made Mary catch Nubia when she fell out the window when Nubia could land on her feet.
    Well to be fair, its not like Marys fought alongside them often enough to know Nubia or Yaras feats. So from her perspective she sees people she recognizes free falling from a building, so of course shes going to rescue them. She doesn't know that 2/3rds of them would have survived it.
    Plus it has the benefit of being a convenient excuse for why she accidentally wound up part of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean when she told Mary her name wasn't Wonder Girl? Yara's never liked the name, she thinks she's a woman, not a girl, she'd prefer to be another Wonder Woman (which was the intention when she was created for 5G, and the name she launched under in Future State). Never mind that Batgirl (Barbara), Supergirl and Power Girl are older than her.
    It seemed like she was about to give another name. I hope it’s not Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Well to be fair, its not like Marys fought alongside them often enough to know Nubia or Yaras feats. So from her perspective she sees people she recognizes free falling from a building, so of course shes going to rescue them. She doesn't know that 2/3rds of them would have survived it.
    Plus it has the benefit of being a convenient excuse for why she accidentally wound up part of the team.
    Nubia looked a bit nervous when she blew out the window.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The issue itself was fun enough...but I just don't buy the set up. I get that the Sovereign is manipulating things but a single bar room brawl happens with an Amazon and the United Nations is talking about removing their nation status? I know this is a world where people fly and can shoot lasers from their eyes but I usually have an expectation of a little bit of realism and the reactions to the killing just doesn't seem realistic to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Nubia and Yara have no speed feats. What did they ever do speed wise that is impressive?
    they havent been around that long yet

I've always kinda hoped that Yara could run on water and breath underwater since her dad was a river god

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    they havent been around that long yet

I've always kinda hoped that Yara could run on water and breath underwater since her dad was a river god
    Do they even remember she's a demi-goddess?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Do they even remember she's a demi-goddess?
    they should her books were seeling better then any Wonder Woman anything in years

Finally read the back of the preview in WW #2 and I don't think I'll be following the main series. Campbell doing the writing and other characters like Mary/Yara make this book rather DOA for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    they should her books were seeling better then any Wonder Woman anything in years
    Not that long since its been canceled

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not that long since its been canceled
    That wasn't due to lack of sales, it was because of delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That wasn't due to lack of sales, it was because of delays.
    Sales definitely dropped and if they wanted to they'd salvage the title but either way - Yara being a demi goddess has been completely ignored and they just rushed her into champion of her people after all of 5min. Just as they've also dropped this whole "downfall of the gods" no! Instead she'll be the "downfall of the Amazons"

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was still intended to be a part of Jon Kent and Damian's trinity. And her proposed CW show was for Wondergirl. I've said this already but Joelle Jones/the wonder woman team shot themselves in the foot making her so old cause now she will be replaced by Trinity as Wondergirl.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Trinity is her codename, not her civilian name. Lizzie isn't a new Wonder Girl (despite the fact she logically could have been, as by the time we meet her Cassie and Yara would already be 40 years old and likely using other names, as she's 18 and Diana isn't pregnant yet, thus is from at least 19 years in the future).

I agree though, her age is the one thing I dislike about Yara, she shouldn't be the same age as or even older than Cassie - doesn't make sense for the new Wonder Girl to be older than the previous one. Yara's story would've worked out exactly the same if she was 18, not 21. If Cassie's the same age as Tim Drake, and Tim had his pre-Flashpoint seven year age gap to Damian restored, then they'd be 21.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At this point, Mary Marvel could change her name to Wonder fanGirl or Wonder Wannabe. I like her under other writers, but they’re really forcing this WW connection on her.
    I would have liked to see Cassie here. She’d bring an interesting perspective as an American native who is deeply connected to WW-lore but doesn’t really belong to any particular tribe (in terms of being a resident at least).
    MM aside, I think the issue is mostly fine. I do have issues with Nubia being so easy to deceive. It’s a case of a character needing to act dumber so the plot goes where the writer needs it to. Could have been handled better, but I was honestly expecting worse after the last WW/Shazam mini.