Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Realm of X 3: Everyone is cross-eyed

I wanted to make a normal review/summary thread, but I'm more concerned with the fact that Dani's eye has become a living organism and is moving down her face and that everyone has gone cross-eyed and is looking at their own noses rather than at anything happening around them.

Dani and the rest of 4 prophesized warriors are overwhelmed by the size of the army Saturnyne summoned to fight them - though you'd never know it from the art. The narration says that the "sky is dark with the shadows of their enemies," but the sky looked very clear to me, and most of the time they only have 1 or 2 opponents. There were 12 guys in flying cars in 1 panel, but it never looked like a serious threat and 12 guys does not an army make. Then again, I was distracted by Dani's giant eye being below her eye socket and level with her nostrils. She really needs to get that checked.

They are rescued by Trabin from 2 enemies, one of whom kills Trabin, and then think about how screwed they are. It's here that the cross-eyed problem really reared its ugly head. It's hard to care about Dani begging Sif and the Asgardians to notice their plight and come to their aid when she looks like one of the cross-eyed family that crews Spaceball One. I think the art might be so bad it's good, because it reminds me of Spaceballs and Prince John's magically moving mole from Robin Hood Men in Tights. I'll take any Mel Brooks reference I can get.

Magik sneaks into Saturnyne's base since without her powers she's undetectable and finds Curse. The side profiles here look terrible and almost as bad as Dani's magically moving eye. They just plopped the same eye model for the side-facing panels as the forward-facing panels. She doesn't succeed in convincing Curse to come back with her before Saturnyne throws her off the building, but she does plant doubts in Curse's mind about Saturnyne's intentions, and Curse breaks Saturnyne's shields in a fit of rage.

Meanwhile, while falling for 5 minutes from a wall she climbed in 30 seconds, Magik unlocks a power greater than the sorcerer supreme of Limbo - she expands her pupils to fill the entirety of her eyes! Now Saturnyne will face her greatest opponent, someone who can see beyond her nose!
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 10-25-2023 at 07:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Previously it was meant in jest, but this series really beginns to sounds cursed and not just because of the fitting character being the center of attention.

Oh woe those who could have sit this waste of time out or been in better tie-in series like Dark X-men.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-25-2023 at 07:32 AM.

"The narration says that the "sky is dark with the shadows of their enemies," but the sky looked very clear to me"

This took me out LOL. I'm sorry to hear it was no bueno.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yall i just COULD not read it. I saw the art and just swipe right on my ipad until it said it had been read.

Why was this approved.

They still got my money though.

This mini really let me down. My hopes were high. The cast was very appealing to me. I hope someone, somewhere, is enjoying this.

Astonishing Member

To think we could have had xmen green reveng of nature insted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This mini really let me down. My hopes were high. The cast was very appealing to me. I hope someone, somewhere, is enjoying this.
    The previous issues were dull, but the art this time is so bad it's legitimately funny.

What's the policy on posting panels in review threads?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The previous issues were dull, but the art this time is so bad it's legitimately funny.

What's the policy on posting panels in review threads?
    Up to three pages can be posted in review threads.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Dani's eye.jpg

When is Dani going to get that looked at? That's a much bigger problem than everything Saturnyne is doing. She made need to go through the Crucible to get that fixed.

I'm enjoying it.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Knights, Captain Britain, and Realm should have all been Excalibur IMO.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

That reminds me of the early Marvel Mangaverse attempts... and not the good parts by Adam Warren.

I guess the regular artist could'nt make it and they had to find somebody do draw the issue real quick.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I just got to see some art from it. It's good if you comapare it to someone like me who isn't that great at drawing. It just isn't enough at this level. It's not Neves level and even that didn't truly wow me in the first issue.

A rough issue for everyone. I can't see how marvel can be happy with this. This mini is dead in the water. Everyone loses.

Astonishing Member

What'a interesting about this series is that it directly ties into events displayed during the Hellfire Gala. They bothered to actualy write a scene into it which sets this series up. So when they eventualy compile the events, this has to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    That reminds me of the early Marvel Mangaverse attempts... and not the good parts by Adam Warren.
    Those are certainly amusing to look back on.

From the early days of the manga boom of the late 90's and early 00's. When the success of the japanese comics was no longer an oddity but a full blown trend and the american comic industry was seemingly confused as to why these foreign works with their "weird" art, visual elements, character designs and story telling standards were suddently so popular.

Hence trying to chase the trend, but without actualy understanding it.

Meanwhile Joe Mad had allready created what could be considered "manga art style" X-men comics nearly a decade beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    A rough issue for everyone. I can't see how marvel can be happy with this. This mini is dead in the water. Everyone loses.
    Since she was kicked off the X-men Marrow had been a cast member in a total of 3 series (minis included).

Weapon X (2002-2004), X-force (2013-2014) and now this. The rest were small appearances in X-factor, Rosenberg's Uncanny, X-men: Man Thing and Secret X-men. None of these could be suggested as stand or even recommendable to anyone who by chance might want to learn more about the character.

Magik has become too popular to be harmed by this. Dani is too well established to be harmed by this. Dust is too unique and has enough good foundation via the New X-men to be harmed by this. (Proverbial) nobody wants to see Curse again anyway. But for Marrow this will be another lost opportunity.

So yeah everyone involves loses, but some more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    What'a interesting about this series is that it directly ties into events displayed during the Hellfire Gala. They bothered to actualy write a scene into it which sets this series up. So when they eventualy compile the events, this has to be included.

Those are certainly amusing to look back on.

From the early days of the manga boom of the late 90's and early 00's. When the success of the japanese comics was no longer an oddity but a full blown trend and the american comic industry was seemingly confused as to why these foreign works with their "weird" art, visual elements, character designs and story telling standards were suddently so popular.

Hence trying to chase the trend, but without actualy understanding it.

Meanwhile Joe Mad had allready created what could be considered "manga art style" X-men comics nearly a decade beforehand.

Since she was kicked off the X-men Marrow had been a cast member in a total of 3 series (minis included).

Weapon X (2002-2004), X-force (2013-2014) and now this. The rest were small appearances in X-factor, Rosenberg's Uncanny, X-men: Man Thing and Secret X-men. None of these could be suggested as stand or even recommendable to anyone who by chance might want to learn more about the character.

Magik has become too popular to be harmed by this. Dani is too well established to be harmed by this. Dust is too unique and has enough good foundation via the New X-men to be harmed by this. (Proverbial) nobody wants to see Curse again anyway. But for Marrow this will be another lost opportunity.

So yeah everyone involves loses, but some more than others.
    I’m honestly surprised they went with Marrow over say… Wolfsbane. The latter also fills the “feral mutant” category, would have likely been near her teammates Magik and Dani at the Gala, and has an open plot about her lost son who is probably in one of these Asgard adjacent realms.