Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

oof, the art is so rough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m honestly surprised they went with Marrow over say… Wolfsbane. The latter also fills the “feral mutant” category, would have likely been near her teammates Magik and Dani at the Gala, and has an open plot about her lost son who is probably in one of these Asgard adjacent realms.
    Good points.

Even though the series so far, does not give the impression that Wolfsbane would have done much of note either or have that mentioned plot adressed, her overall presence would have made a lot more sense.

Experience with the realm, the mentioned plot, personal connection to Mirage and Magik, plus even a thin one to Curse because of having been one of the adults responcible for the "krakoa kids club" during New Mutants, which Curse technicaly must have belonged to (before the writer of X-men Green decided to make use of the wird pink spiky mutant kid that briefly showed up in the Kid Cable series).

If most of the characters remain trapped in Asgard by the end of the series, it would have even left her with a dangling plot that could keep her occupied there (off or on pannel).

Instead she is essentialy nowhere to be seen during these trying times for mutants.

Meanwhile Marrow is just there and it certainly doesn't help that because of a lack of a good continuity with the character over the past decades, there is not much personal direction she could be bound to be heading back to once this story is over (remember how she was part of both Magneto's newest brotherhood of mutants and of Emma Frost's newest Hellfire Club...).

It's also not like she is a known sales magnet (some would argue she is even the opposite) and while she is suprisingly well known, it wouldn't turn many heads towards the series.

Even the role of the troublemaker was given to Typhoid Mary instead, resulting in what some have called "oddly well behaved Marrow". Though come to think of it Mary is also just there and that seems to be mainly so Fisk can be worried about her on Earth.

This story could have been just Magik, Mirage and Wolfsbane and nothing would have "suffered" in the narrative from it, while it could at least have been sold as "New Mutant" story to a degree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Good points.

Even though the series so far, does not give the impression that Wolfsbane would have done much of note either or have that mentioned plot adressed, her overall presence would have made a lot more sense.

Experience with the realm, the mentioned plot, personal connection to Mirage and Magik, plus even a thin one to Curse because of having been one of the adults responcible for the "krakoa kids club" during New Mutants, which Curse technicaly must have belonged to (before the writer of X-men Green decided to make use of the wird pink spiky mutant kid that briefly showed up in the Kid Cable series).

If most of the characters remain trapped in Asgard by the end of the series, it would have even left her with a dangling plot that could keep her occupied there (off or on pannel).

Instead she is essentialy nowhere to be seen during these trying times for mutants.

Meanwhile Marrow is just there and it certainly doesn't help that because of a lack of a good continuity with the character over the past decades, there is not much personal direction she could be bound to be heading back to once this story is over (remember how she was part of both Magneto's newest brotherhood of mutants and of Emma Frost's newest Hellfire Club...).

It's also not like she is a known sales magnet (some would argue she is even the opposite) and while she is suprisingly well known, it wouldn't turn many heads towards the series.

Even the role of the troublemaker was given to Typhoid Mary instead, resulting in what some have called "oddly well behaved Marrow". Though come to think of it Mary is also just there and that seems to be mainly so Fisk can be worried about her on Earth.

This story could have been just Magik, Mirage and Wolfsbane and nothing would have "suffered" in the narrative from it, while it could at least have been sold as "New Mutant" story to a degree.
    Did you not read the Morlocks story in Unlimited XMen digital comic ? Marrow was already established there as now finally maturing into a functional adult i.e. Leader-material LOL

The art is atrocious... is there no quality control??
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I haven't even read it.

I'm not interested in this book. I dropped it after issue #1.

So, I will live my life through you guys and your opinions on this Book. :-)
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Yeah. Not even sure what to say. Not happy about this.

Over half way through this run and most characters still feel like they could have been swapped out with anyone for how little they do. As for Wolfsbane, I was hopping there be at least a mention in passing about one of her plot threads; that being her lover and son are from one of the Asgaurdian realms. There are even a bunch of unnamed mutants with our lead characters. Not sure how I'd feel if she was revealed to be among them and just isn't doing a damn thing.

I was just happy Dani was getting to be in something after New Mutants ended. And I really like Dust and Illyana too. But Illyana has little trouble getting into books so I was happy for the others. This has been quite the let down.
    Last edited by wlfking; 10-26-2023 at 10:42 AM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

HAD to stop in and make sure the talk about this book is the Bad Art...bc....wow...

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

This was bad, like really bad.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This was bad, like really bad.
    I’m an artist, I was a pro for over a decade, I very, very seldom class art as bad. Some artists are not to my taste, some are better than others. But the art in this issue is very poor indeed. I need to go track down some more by this artist, see it this was a rush job, therefore beyond their control. Otherwise, I wonder how they are getting professional work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m honestly surprised they went with Marrow over say… Wolfsbane. The latter also fills the “feral mutant” category, would have likely been near her teammates Magik and Dani at the Gala, and has an open plot about her lost son who is probably in one of these Asgard adjacent realms.
    The upside of Rahne not being included here is that I like Rahne, and I do not like this book, and so feel like she dodged a bullet.

A bullet that sadly seems to have taken Dani (and 'Yana, and Sooraya, and some trash I don't care about) right in the cheek-eye.

The New Mutants have been continuously stuck with the least interesting stories of the Krakoan era.

Anyway, the art has a quirky cuteness to it, more fitting for an indie webcomic.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    oof, the art is so rough
    Literally. If I had to guess, I'd say these pages are actually thumbnails that got blown up and coloured. Something must have happened to Diógenes Neves for Bruno Oliveira to be replacing him on short notice.

The only problem I have with the actual writing is that it's far too rushed. This really should have been 5 issues, then maybe more time could be spent on each character.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m an artist, I was a pro for over a decade, I very, very seldom class art as bad. Some artists are not to my taste, some are better than others. But the art in this issue is very poor indeed. I need to go track down some more by this artist, see it this was a rush job, therefore beyond their control. Otherwise, I wonder how they are getting professional work.

I wasn’t singling out the art specifically, although I do think it was very sub par, but even the writing was bad. I really wish I had skipped this series. It’s too bad because I was enjoying New Mutants prior to this.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Literally. If I had to guess, I'd say these pages are actually thumbnails that got blown up and coloured. Something must have happened to Diógenes Neves for Bruno Oliveira to be replacing him on short notice.

The only problem I have with the actual writing is that it's far too rushed. This really should have been 5 issues, then maybe more time could be spent on each character.
    I can see that, I wonder if next issue will be any better