Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non-Comic Book Heroes Who Could Team-Up With Wonder Woman

Inspired by Guy McNichts' thread, I thought I'd make a thread about non-comic book heroes who could team up with our favorite Amazon princess.

Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon is a pretty obvious example. They have similar themes revolving around love and are the most iconic heroines of their respective genres (western superheroes and magical girls). The Amazons and the Wonder Girls could also be seen as the equivalent to the Sailor Guardians.

\

Bayonetta is probably what you'd get if a video game were designed by William Marston. A superpowered woman from a nation of similarly superpowered woman with magic and technology far beyond mortal comprehension. Add in black hair, glasses, a male love interest who serves the damsel in distress role and (sigh) bondage imagery, and one wonders if Platinum has a few Wonder Woman fans among them.

Asura from Asura's Wrath is one of the Eight Guardian Generals, techno-divine beings who fight an eternal war with the Gohma and their creator Vlitra, the hostile spirit of their planet Gaea where humans live and worship them, which empowers them and their Karma Fortress with an energy called "Mantra". Asura was betrayed by his comrades and is infamous for his great wrath. He is a deity that does not demand worship, something that Diana may find quite surprising but refreshing.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-25-2023 at 01:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Her bff Xena

Jenny Wakeman from My Life As A Teenage Robot.

Avar Kriss of the High Republic.
    Michael Burnham of Star Trek Discovery.
    The Fugitive Doctor of Doctor who.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-28-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Last edited by Sebastianne; 10-29-2023 at 06:07 PM.

Link and Zelda from Legend of Zelda.

Samus Aran from EMtroid. She's basically to video games what Wonder Woman is to superhero comics.

blaze.jpg

Blaze the Cat. A Princess from an island nation who is sworn to protect the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    blaze.jpg

Blaze the Cat. A Princess from an island nation who is sworn to protect the world.
    I can't believe I didn't think of this.

Winx Club

Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII

Chun Li, Cammy & Rose from Street Fighter

Since I suggested Bison in the villains thread, it seems apropos Diana would be allies with some of the ladies of Street Fighter. Chun Li is an Interpol agent determined to take Shadaloo and Bison down. Cammy was one of Bison's Dolls (and back-up vessel in case he died) until she lost her memory. She now works with British Special Forces and is also determined to destroy Shadaloo, free the other Dolls, and redeem herself for the things she did serving Bison. Finally, there's Rose, who is a fortune-teller and sort of Bison's good counterpart who works to destroy him once and for all. I think she'd get along with Chun Li, be very supportive of Cammy, and Rose...who tends to be a little suicidal with her efforts to defeat Bison...she would try to guide her to a better path.

Kitana from Mortal Kombat

And since I also suggested Shao Kahn, it would make sense for Diana to align with Kitana against. Technically, they did meet in MK vs. DC--and were set up as their respective universes' counterparts--but the story didn't do anything interesting with Diana and wrote Kitana like garbage, so we'll ignore that. Anyway, Kitana was Kahn's adopted daughter and served as one of his assassins for most of her life until she learned the truth about her real parents. She's since dedicated herself to overthrowing him and restoring her home, and she'd be a natural ally for Wonder Woman. I think Diana would respect Kitana for her perseverance and drive to set things right, and lord knows Kitana needs all the support she can get 'cause her life sucks.

The Z Fighters from Dragon Ball

Just seems like she'd get along with this crew. She enjoys a friendly spar and would respect their drive to improve themselves, though I think the ego of some (Vegeta) and recklessness of others (Goku) would cause some conflict. She'd probably get along with Piccolo and Gohan best.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 11-16-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Chun Li, Cammy & Rose from Street Fighter

Since I suggested Bison in the villains thread, it seems apropos Diana would be allies with some of the ladies of Street Fighter. Chun Li is an Interpol agent determined to take Shadaloo and Bison down. Cammy was one of Bison's Dolls (and back-up vessel in case he died) until she lost her memory. She now works with British Special Forces and is also determined to destroy Shadaloo, free the other Dolls, and redeem herself for the things she did serving Bison. Finally, there's Rose, who is a fortune-teller and sort of Bison's good counterpart who works to destroy him once and for all. I think she'd get along with Chun Li, be very supportive of Cammy, and Rose...who tends to be a little suicidal with her efforts to defeat Bison...she would try to guide her to a better path.

Kitana from Mortal Kombat

And since I also suggested Shao Kahn, it would make sense for Diana to align with Kitana against. Technically, they did meet in MK vs. DC--and were set up as their respective universes' counterparts--but the story didn't do anything interesting with Diana and wrote Kitana like garbage, so we'll ignore that. Anyway, Kitana was Kahn's adopted daughter and served as one of his assassins for most of her life until she learned the truth about her real parents. She's since dedicated herself to overthrowing him and restoring her home, and she'd be a natural ally for Wonder Woman. I think Diana would respect Kitana for her perseverance and drive to set things right, and lord knows Kitana needs all the support she can get 'cause her life sucks.
    Good choices. All four of these women reflect some aspect of Diana's character: Chun-Li as a teacher and hero, Cammy as a rehabilitated criminal, Rose's self-sacrificing nature and Kitana's leadership and kindness.

The Z Fighters from Dragon Ball

Just seems like she'd get along with this crew. She enjoys a friendly spar and would respect their drive to improve themselves, though I think the ego of some (Vegeta) and recklessness of others (Goku) would cause some conflict. She'd probably get along with Piccolo and Gohan best.
    I could see her getting along well with Future Trunks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I could see her getting along well with Future Trunks too.
    And then Kefla shows up.