Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, he's apparently the best-kept secret asset Orchis has (no disrespect towards Nimrod) I mean the dude "toe-to-toe", killed Scott Summers and broke Steve Roger's arm using the man's own shield to do it with... Who and or what the hell could he be?
    Please see above
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Agreed. She’s way cooler without it. I wouldn’t mind if the Penance form was erased somehow.
    This please!!!

Bring back Yvette (Hollow)!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

From Duggan's substack:

"When the final chapter of this mini hits I’ll have a bit more to say about it. Captain America felt the need to fight with his words in this week’s chapter, and there will be a rebuttal from one of our antagonists in the end. It makes for a nice symmetrical structure. I can’t show you any of the inks I was polishing from today because they’re all spoilers. Some of you have correctly guessed the identity of the person masquerading as Captain Krakoa, while some of you have gone down the rabbit hole I hoped to send you down."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From Duggan's substack:

"When the final chapter of this mini hits I’ll have a bit more to say about it. Captain America felt the need to fight with his words in this week’s chapter, and there will be a rebuttal from one of our antagonists in the end. It makes for a nice symmetrical structure. I can’t show you any of the inks I was polishing from today because they’re all spoilers. Some of you have correctly guessed the identity of the person masquerading as Captain Krakoa, while some of you have gone down the rabbit hole I hoped to send you down."
    My guess is that Nuke is the red herring and Stevil is the correct guess, as the clues seem to be pointing more towards the former. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around and Duggan showed his Born Again love via the X-books again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    My guess is that Nuke is the red herring and Stevil is the correct guess, as the clues seem to be pointing more towards the former. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around and Duggan showed his Born Again love via the X-books again.
    Umm... Unless Hydra Steve Rogers Supreme is brought back via the Krakoan Ressurection Protocols, I'm fairly certain that he was utterly destroyed by Selene.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Umm... Unless Hydra Steve Rogers Supreme is brought back via the Krakoan Ressurection Protocols, I'm fairly certain that he was utterly destroyed by Selene.
    Who is oh so conveniently working with Orchis, and thus perfectly positioned to have offered him up as a part of whatever bargain she made with them - literally all they need to do to make that plot point work is have her off-handedly mention that at the last second, instead of obliterating him completely, she decided to just put him on ice and store him away for a rainy day. Like if she was ever working with someone who needed a patsy she had no problem seeing killed or destroyed, rather than offer up one of her pawns that she might consider more difficult to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Who is oh so conveniently working with Orchis, and thus perfectly positioned to have offered him up as a part of whatever bargain she made with them - literally all they need to do to make that plot point work is have her off-handedly mention that at the last second, instead of obliterating him completely, she decided to just put him on ice and store him away for a rainy day. Like if she was ever working with someone who needed a patsy she had no problem seeing killed or destroyed, rather than offer up one of her pawns that she might consider more difficult to replace.

Ugh that’s even worse than the Nuke theory.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Ugh that’s even worse than the Nuke theory.
    *Shrugs* I legit don't care, either candidate sounds equally boring to me, just saying there's a ton of different ways to write Hydra Cap not being dead for this, that death at Selene's hands in a book most people have never read is in no way an obstacle. Hell, Duggan can't even keep his OWN continuity straight, you think something that happened in a non X-book almost half a decade ago would stop him if he thought 'oh how brilliant would I be if I paralleled Steve and his evil doppelganger each leading their own team of mutants for opposite purposes'? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That's certainly my take on it as well.
    All the talk of stealing nukes in this series might lead some to believe CK is Nuke, but Destiny foretold that the false captain had earned his rank.
    Nuke was never a real captain (that I know of) but Captain Hydra was certainly one.

xmen24.jpg

Who is oh so conveniently working with Orchis, and thus perfectly positioned to have offered him up as a part of whatever bargain she made with them - literally all they need to do to make that plot point work is have her off-handedly mention that at the last second, instead of obliterating him completely, she decided to just put him on ice and store him away for a rainy day.
    If we look at Captain America (2018) 8 again, there's no proof that he actually died.
    We see Selene turn him into a bloody, zombie-like creature, but that's the last we see of him.

ca8.jpg

It's entirely possible that HYDRA put him into a stasis tank to heal, and when parts of HYDRA coalesced into the Orchis Protocols, Orchis ended up with him, and then Dr. Stasis and M.O.D.O.K. released him to attack the X-Men.

There's something else interesting that Gerry Duggan said in his Substack:

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Duggan
    Uncanny Avengers # 3 On Sale This Week
    The Second Of Three Romances & The First Of Two Big Speeches
    Romance 1: Captain Krakoa + Andrea von Strucker
    Romance 2: Penance + Quicksilver
    Romance 3: ?
    What do we think the third romance in this series is?

Speech 1: Captain America addressing the press
    Speech 2: Captain Hydra?
    The second speech is very likely one that Stevil gives in the final issue.

Captain Krak could also be Hellion, using his telekinesis to fake feats of strength and superior fighting skills. He already thinks the X-Men suck, and that humans are freaking losers. He's motivated by pure spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I thought it was interesting how in the Sinister Four one-shot, in order to prove her loyalty to them, Orchis required Mother Righteous to bring Selene back. My first question of course was why would Orchis want Selene? Hmm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Captain Krak could also be Hellion, using his telekinesis to fake feats of strength and superior fighting skills. He already thinks the X-Men suck, and that humans are freaking losers. He's motivated by pure spite.
    He would never work with Nimrod and Omega sentinel though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    That's certainly my take on it as well.
    All the talk of stealing nukes in this series might lead some to believe CK is Nuke, but Destiny foretold that the false captain had earned his rank.
    Nuke was never a real captain (that I know of) but Captain Hydra was certainly

There's something else interesting that Gerry Duggan said in his Substack:

Romance 1: Captain Krakoa + Andrea von Strucker
    Romance 2: Penance + Quicksilver
    Romance 3: ?
    What do we think the third romance in this series is?

Speech 1: Captain America addressing the press
    Speech 2: Captain Hydra?
    The second speech is very likely one that Stevil gives in the final issue.
    Ugh, 3 romances? I though the gambit and rogue fans were out of the woods, but apparently not…

I think it has to be Stevil. There wouldn’t be ‘shocking’ reveal if it was Nuke. It would be more like, ‘ oh, he looks kinda familiar…what was his name?’

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Ugh, 3 romances? I though the gambit and rogue fans were out of the woods, but apparently not…

I think it has to be Stevil. There wouldn’t be ‘shocking’ reveal if it was Nuke. It would be more like, ‘ oh, he looks kinda familiar…what was his name?’
    Rogue would have to DO something relevant in the book for that to happen LOL! My poor Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    He would never work with Nimrod and Omega sentinel though
    He's going to betray them once they're distracted.

Or he was the secret villain all along. Think about it: he killed Omega once, but conspicuously left enough of her to be revived, even though he could obliterate her on an atomic level. After Nimrod ripped off his hands, he talked about how ROBOTIC mechanical hands reminded him of the machines that maimed him; this is a red herring to throw others off. Yet he still kept his regular mechanical hands. He rarely showed hatred for machine lifeforms, despite crapping on everyone who's not a mutant. He just didn't want them to know he was in league with them.

Here's a stretch, but maybe we're misunderstanding his powers a bit. He can control things on an atomic level. White said he was growing plants in the White Hot Room, with his powers. With that level of power, maybe he could see that deep down, non-organic things can have hearts and souls. For if you have the power to control and destroy so much, you see that it is all equal in your eyes.

And after all, Hellion will stick up for the little guy when no one else will, as seen when the student body turned their backs on Wither. Now think about all the times organics have harmed him, abandoned him, lied to him, manipulated him, mistreated him. Orchis even came about because mutants became monsters and hunted down machines in the future. He empathized with them and knew that the X-Men had to be stopped.

Now here's the kicker: a mutant who allies themselves with machines sounds an awful lot like Moira, right? Perhaps Hellion also had something to do with that. With the powers I just mentioned. He created T-Moira 1000. He's her father, in a way. He hasn't been appearing in books despite having direct ties to the main villains, because he's working with them. Coincidentally, almost none of Hellion's friends are anywhere near the danger when Orchis attacks Krakoa, and was likely in on the plan to send them to Mars. The only Academy X kid to die at the Gala? Prodigy. AKA the classmate he likes the least.

(He can be revived later, it was just done as a kick in the balls.)

But if everyone is on Mars, they're in danger of dying in the Genesis War! ... Except maybe, Hellion had arranged for his friends can be safe; hence why you don't see any of his friends on the front lines. Hell, if his powers are so strong, as mentioned before, who's to say he doesn't have the power range to protect them all the way from Earth? It's unfortunate that they all ended up in the White Hot Room, which was not part of his plan.

What about the mutants left on Earth? Most would be X-Men, who he hates. Anyone else can be captured by Orchis; Stasis thinks they're just torturing mutants, but the true people in power are gathering mutants to send them somewhere safe, per Hellion's wishes. Cyclops is just getting tortured because Hellion thought he deserved it.

Okay, now here's another kicker: for him to plan this all the way back to pre-Krakoa, he would have to know about things ahead of time. Much like Omega. And how did she know things? Time travel. That means Hellion would have had to time travel too. Maybe he went back in time with Karima of the future, or helped implant that future Karima into the present one, just before she died. The rogue Titan likely helped him because he would have been a heroic revolutionary for robot rights in the 10a timeline. EDIT: If Iceman can literally freeze time by manipulating things on a quantum level, why can't Hellion move time by manipulating things on a quantum level? We already know he's capable of pretty much everything else. So Hellion could have easily traveled back in time with his own abilities, which would have likely advanced in the hundreds of years he'd have lived in that one future.

Hellion is not only a time traveler and Captain Krakoa, but he's also the one who helped mastermind Fall of X, with the intention of stopping the X-Men, saving machines and protecting those he loves. He created Robo-Moira. Hellion is the final antagonist of the Krakoa era... But when all's said and done, has he really done anything wrong?
    Last edited by Rift; 10-31-2023 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.