Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Just wait until every future iteration of Kid Flash in adaptations starts being Wallace. That's gonna rile people up real bad.
    There is no escaping this now. Iris is already black in every adaptation since The Flash TV show.
    And he won't be Wally or Ace, cause he'll probably be black, but there is no way they will adapt Ace backstory instead of Wally's. So he will be an amalgama of the two, most likely.

Or they might do the TV show route and just keep the name, but make a completely different character.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I don't think he'll ever get any backstory focus, he'll just be a black Kid Flash and look like Wallace. And with little enough detail the only thing to differentiate is appearances.

I don't think he'll ever get any backstory focus, he'll just be a black Kid Flash and look like Wallace. And with little enough detail the only thing to differentiate is appearances.
    And personality. Wally never had any backstory focus either... until Young Justice.
    There is no way of knowing what they will do. The last adaptation of Kid Flash we thought it was Wally turned out to be Barry, so who knows what happens in theses peoples minds.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Considering we probably won't be seeing a live-action Flash, or Barry, for a while it might be a moot point.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Just wait until every future iteration of Kid Flash in adaptations starts being Wallace. That's gonna rile people up real bad.
    Meh, I wouldn't mind

First because, to me, Wally is the Flash who once was Kid Flash. If it is for him to be relegated to Kid Flash in any adaptation, I honestly prefer they skip him entirely. Second because, let's face it: they made Barry Kid Flash in a Teen Titans cartoon just so we couldn't see Wally anywhere.

I mean, Barry, man. I'd take Ace in a heartbeat.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Meh, I wouldn't mind

First because, to me, Wally is the Flash who once was Kid Flash. If it is for him to be relegated to Kid Flash in any adaptation, I honestly prefer they skip him entirely. Second because, let's face it: they made Barry Kid Flash in a Teen Titans cartoon just so we couldn't see Wally anywhere.

That was only an off-hand thing to explain the Kid Flash in the DCAMU, in the actual cartoon it was Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    He sure does!
    We should really ask Sue to settle the rumors about just how much he elongates. (I'll show myself out.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Meh, I wouldn't mind

Whuh....when did THIS happen? That's a really odd choice.

Fantastic Member

In the Teen Titans: Judas Contract movie that was part of the old DCAMU.

It opened with a flashback of the Titans when they met Starfire that included Robin (Dick), Speedy, Kid Flash, Bumblebee, and Beast Boy. People assumed Wally was Kid Flash given the line-up, his YJ voice actor having the part, and his personality matching Wally's DCAU/YJ counterparts in the scene.

But James Tucker, who oversaw the animated movies, mentioned the character was actually Barry because they basically thought it would be cool to have him go from the Teen Titans to the League. He also mentioned they had no intentions of ever using Wally in the universe -- though Wallace had a silent cameo in the next film that ended the universe.

There is a flashback scene in Teen Titans: Judas Contract about Starfire coming to Earth and meeting the team. The members were Robin, Speedy, Bumblebee, Beast Boy, and Kid Flash. Kid Flash has red hair and resembles Wally, leading everyone to assume it's him. However, the producers stated in interviews that he is supposed to be Barry Allen.

This explanation doesn't make much sense, so it's better to disregard the interview and simply pretend that the character is Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

It opened with a flashback of the Titans when they met Starfire that included Robin (Dick), Speedy, Kid Flash, Bumblebee, and Beast Boy. People assumed Wally was Kid Flash given the line-up, his YJ voice actor having the part, and his personality matching Wally's DCAU/YJ counterparts in the scene.

But James Tucker, who oversaw the animated movies, mentioned the character was actually Barry because they basically thought it would be cool to have him go from the Teen Titans to the League. He also mentioned they had no intentions of ever using Wally in the universe -- though Wallace had a silent cameo in the next film that ended the universe.
    It's such a dumb idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

Wow. I love Barry, but that's such a ridiculous move on their part. It makes no sense and is unnecessarily crappy for Wally. So that's the only appearance of Kid Flash in the whole movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    There is a flashback scene in Teen Titans: Judas Contract about Starfire coming to Earth and meeting the team. The members were Robin, Speedy, Bumblebee, Beast Boy, and Kid Flash. Kid Flash has red hair and resembles Wally, leading everyone to assume it's him. However, the producers stated in interviews that he is supposed to be Barry Allen.

This explanation doesn't make much sense, so it's better to disregard the interview and simply pretend that the character is Wally.

It's such a dumb idea.
    His hair wasn't actually red. It was kind of a muted blonde. But yeah this stuff was in production at the height of Wally erasure so it makes sense.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-05-2023 at 09:39 PM.

I mean, it didn't really matter to anything in-universe and was just trying to explain away what was essentially a cameo of Jason Spisak's Kid Flash, so I don't dwell on it too much.

Astonishing Member

This is one reason I avoid those animated adaptations. They are almost always disappointing for readers. But I do think they may help bring non-readers to the books.