Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Wally West Flash costume

Sorry but the I loved the red & blue costumes of Wally West when he returned with the exception of the lightning bolt but the current Flash costume that Wally West is wearing now is not my favorite costume.
    I just wanted to put that out for everyone.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

I feel you. I preferred the open cowl instead of the chrome dome look for Wally.

The open cowl design was great. It made him seem a bit younger, which was esp. good in differentiating him fro Barry, and was obv. a shout out to his Kid Flash look which I loved.

The design was just SOLID really, and looked good as drawn by different artists which all outfits should.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Sorry but the I loved the red & blue costumes of Wally West when he returned with the exception of the lightning bolt but the current Flash costume that Wally West is wearing now is not my favorite costume.
    I just wanted to put that out for everyone.
    I love both costumes personally, love to see one part red one part blue with the Barry Allen lightning bolt design sort of a homage to Jay Garrick
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I love both costumes personally, love to see one part red one part blue with the Barry Allen lightning bolt design sort of a homage to Jay Garrick
    ^^^Thatd be cool.

Was hoping to find something like your idea on Google, this the closest I found.

I prefer his current costume to the DC Rebirth look. But overall I prefer his 90's suit the best. But his current suit is close enough for me. I just wish they would color it a bit darker and give Barry back his original suit.

The Rebirth suit is cool but, for me, it is always tainted by Heroes in Crisis. Can't see it without thinking about that trash.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I prefer his current costume to the DC Rebirth look. But overall I prefer his 90's suit the best. But his current suit is close enough for me. I just wish they would color it a bit darker and give Barry back his original suit.

The Rebirth suit is cool but, for me, it is always tainted by Heroes in Crisis. Can't see it without thinking about that trash.
    Same. Also, man I have never seen so many coloring and drawing mistakes with a suit. Every artist drew it different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    This is how I feel. It’s not a bad design at all, but it will always be associated with the worst time in the characters’ history.
    I don’t think they should ever go back to that open cowl look. Or if they do, they need to make big changes to the rest of the look so it doesn’t remind people of HiC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Thatd be cool.

Was hoping to find something like your idea on Google, this the closest I found.
    That ain't bad, but the dark part looks black, not blue. Actually, I prefer it black or dark red. I think red/blue worked for Jay -- and Jack Fox -- but not the moderns speedsters.

The Rebirth costume was deliberately designed, under specific orders from Didio, to visually render Wally as "less cool" than Barry's costume in order to denigrate and diminish his more than two decades as the Flash before Barry was brought back. Hell, one wonders why Didio didn't order Van Sciver to replace the lightning bolt symbol with the words "Punk Ass Bitch."

I understand that younger readers may not be fully aware of the history of Wally's early days as the Flash, when both in-story and out-of-universe there were plenty of people who refused to respect him as a successor to Barry and Jay, as well as comic creators trying to undermine others' development of Wally and stick him back in the Kid-Flash suit like that one Elseworlds Justice League Annual. And that some younger readers, without that knowledge might innocently think the Rebirth costume was "cool." To me and others like me, it's the ultimate shorthand for "in bad faith," because nothing about it nor the events that occurred while Wally was wearing it was ever intended to add anything positive or of any value to Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    The Rebirth costume was deliberately designed, under specific orders from Didio, to visually render Wally as "less cool" than Barry's costume in order to denigrate and diminish his more than two decades as the Flash before Barry was brought back.
    ^^^DiDio totally failed then, cuz it’s a cool ass costume!

I understand that younger readers may not be fully aware of the history of Wally's early days as the Flash, when both in-story and out-of-universe there were plenty of people who refused to respect him as a successor to Barry and Jay, as well as comic creators trying to undermine others' development of Wally and stick him back in the Kid-Flash suit like that one Elseworlds Justice League Annual. And that some younger readers, without that knowledge might innocently think the Rebirth costume was "cool." To me and others like me, it's the ultimate shorthand for "in bad faith," because nothing about it nor the events that occurred while Wally was wearing it was ever intended to add anything positive or of any value to Wally.
    ^^^I remember all that first hand, it’s one of the reasons I loved having Wally and Kyle (who both took a lot of shit and survived the Bwahaha era to be taken seriously at last) take their places in the Big Seven when Morrison took over, and was ambivalent when Barry and Hal were brought back.

Back on topic though, I just think it’s a cool costume, that reflects his lineage from Kid to Flash.

BANNED

The Rebirth costume was deliberately designed, under specific orders from Didio, to visually render Wally as "less cool" than Barry's costume in order to denigrate and diminish his more than two decades as the Flash before Barry was brought back. Hell, one wonders why Didio didn't order Van Sciver to replace the lightning bolt symbol with the words "Punk Ass Bitch."

I'm not sure why Dan Didio thinking something stupid about that costume carries so much weight with people. Didio thinks a lot of stupid things. Who cares?

It's a good costume that has elements of various elements of the character's history and gives him a unique look, instead of continuing to dress like his uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm not sure why Dan Didio thinking something stupid about that costume carries so much weight with people. Didio thinks a lot of stupid things. Who cares?

It's a good costume that has elements of various elements of the character's history and gives him a unique look, instead of continuing to dress like his uncle.
    ^^^Blammo.

I'm happy with his current costume and i hope the Rebirth one never comes back.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This…

…goes towards what I said earlier about Wally (and Kyle) taking a lot of shit and surviving the Bwahaha League. While Wally’s solo series treated him respectfully for the most part, when Wally set foot in Justice League HQ he often got portrayed as as an inexperienced noob running around (no pun intended) in his uncle’s hand me downs.

Credit to jmc247 for the above scan!