Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Who said anything about race switches? Your example doesn't work because I didn't say anything about hiring another white actor. There's absolutely no reason to not get another black actor here. Kang still wouldn't be connected to anything else because just because the same person is playing him, he's still separate from Korath and the HE. The only thing they'd have in common is race.
    I took your comments as being about limiting Kang to black actors.

I noted the problems with just picking someone new. It's cleaner, but it does still get into the whole question of whether we should pretend this Kang looks the same as the others. I was pretty clear that the films would acknowledge that the Kangs played by different actors look different.

A simpler solution would be to pick an older actor, who probably wouldn't want to do more than be the big bad in 1-2 movies and make a few cameos elsewhere. But there's still the issue that Denzel Washington doesn't look like Jonathan Majors + 36 years (granted, with an older character come excuses for physical changes like the cosmic equivalents of plastic surgery.)

I also thought that Chukwudi Iwuji and Djimon Hounsou are decent actors, who fit this genre pretty well, and I'd like to see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He chocked slams a girl live on Camea before flash started filming and wb ignored it. Heck, later he came back for flash reshoots--while he was on the run from the cops and wb just let a wanted man walk on the lot and work over calling the police as soon as he showed up so not shocked at all!
    "As toxic."
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 10-29-2023 at 01:34 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    IMHO, Miller was a poor casting choice for the role, even before the legal issues. The Flash movie didn't do well because it simply wasn't a good movie.

Majors has done a decent job as Kang thus far.

Time will tell how it all plays out.
    Disagree completely he wasn't the best Flash but he was alright and the movie was great

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Disagree completely he wasn't the best Flash but he was alright and the movie was great
    Who said anything about race switches? Your example doesn't work because I didn't say anything about hiring another white actor. There's absolutely no reason to not get another black actor here. Kang still wouldn't be connected to anything else because just because the same person is playing him, he's still separate from Korath and the HE. The only thing they'd have in common is race.
    There might be an issue with contracts. It might be why there hasn't been and Iron Man or Captain America variants yet with RDJ or CE having some long term deal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    There might be an issue with contracts. It might be why there hasn't been and Iron Man or Captain America variants yet with RDJ or CE having some long term deal.
    Pretty sure their contracts ended with Endgame.

Astonishing Member

Just fire him.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty indifferent either way. I thought his performance as Kang was decent in Quantumania. Haven't watched Loki yet.

Let's see how the case plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Are we talking about the recent WB Flash movie? The one with the bad CGI and the depressing ending? That one was great?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are we talking about the recent WB Flash movie? The one with the bad CGI and the depressing ending? That one was great?
    In my opinion it was also didn't think the ending was depressing also did think the cgi was that bad I understand how you see different

This trial doesn't bode well for Jonathan's public image.

I think Johnny Depp was also tried for domestic violence.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I'm pretty indifferent either way. I thought his performance as Kang was decent in Quantumania. Haven't watched Loki yet.

Let's see how the case plays out.
    I thought he did a really good performance in Quantumania. He also did a great job portraying three different characters (Pharoah Rama-tut, Scarlet Centurion and Immortus) at the end of the film. I would have liked to see more of him in an upcoming Avengers: Kang Dynasty movie.

This is a dumb idea. They aren't going to just swap him out for black actors they've used in other things
    This sounds too much like you think black people are interchangeable/look alike. At least suggest a new actor smh
    Plenty of white actors have been recast with other white actors replacing them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Plenty of white actors have been recast with other white actors replacing them as well.
    You completely missed the point of my comment. I wasn't talking about replacing him with another black actor. It was wanting using actors that are in other roles just because they're also black. He could've chosen other black actors that aren't already cast as completely different characters.

Major’s accuser took the stand today and there was some very rough evidence presented.

It does not look good for this guy.

Disturbing Text Messages Unsealed in Jonathan Majors Trial

Jonathan Majors’ Ex-Girlfriend Finishes Testimony in Assault Trial, Arresting Officer Takes the Stand

Hello Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Astonishing Member

Read some articles that looked at the texts put in evidence and I think I agree now with those that say Disney has enough to be like you know what recast or dump Kang altogether. Even if he doesnt get convicted the guy is sending texts like these for the lady not to get medical help because of what it looks like.

Even if he didn't do what she accused him of and the charges get completely dismissed those texts are disturbing. He's trying to manipulate her here in a gross way at the very least. And as a public company that stuff being out there and not disputed is plenty to grant Disney impetus to move on. They don't need a conviction in this case when there is now public evidence of his personal character