Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So then...Doctor Doom?
    Or they recast. Marvel's been fine with doing that in the past.

I just hate to think that Doctor Doom of all villains would just be brought in as a replacement. I want them to build up to Doom, not just toss him in there at the last minute.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or they recast. Marvel's been fine with doing that in the past.

I just hate to think that Doctor Doom of all villains would just be brought in as a replacement. I want them to build up to Doom, not just toss him in there at the last minute.
    Agreed, although they botched Kang in Ant-Man 3.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't understand why when celebrities are accused and convicted of a crime, that there are people who rush and allude to the idea that they're innocent.

No one here knows him or her. We're not privy to all the evidence that was presented at trial. He was acquitted on some of the charges, but convicted beyond a reasonable doubt on the other charges.

Also, the Johnny Depp scenario doesn't apply. That was all a civil process. These were actual criminal charges.
    I could genuinely care less about celebrities. I find most have holier than thou attitudes and seriously out of touch with reality. And like many, I find the MCU lost its flavor after Endgame.

But one thing I can't stand is when a scorned person tries to ruin another person's life through lies and not caring the slightest about the consequences that person will face because of them. (I had something similar happen to me).

Of course I wasn't at the trial but when I see actual video evidence of the crime and even a driver who witnessed the altercation say the woman was the aggressor...I can't help but wonder about these particular results

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I could genuinely care less about celebrities. I find most have holier than thou attitudes and seriously out of touch with reality. And like many, I find the MCU lost its flavor after Endgame.

But one thing I can't stand is when a scorned person tries to ruin another person's life through lies and not caring the slightest about the consequences that person will face because of them. (I had something similar happen to me).

Of course I wasn't at the trial but when I see actual video evidence of the crime and even a driver who witnessed the altercation say the woman was the aggressor...I can't help but wonder about these particular results
    They don't have to prove how much pain she actually experienced, only that the assault happened beyond a reasonable doubt.

Um have you actually been following the case ?

Sounds like Marvel will retitle THE KANG DYNASTY:

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-kang-dy...box=1702941142

Ultimate Member

From what I understand some evidence was not allowed and the jury had to keep asking for clarity on what they needed to decide.

Also there are some folks including lawyers that I saw on a podcast ask "why is this trial even happening?" and are looking at the prosecution for trying to get some huge boost off of this.

I don't understand why when celebrities are accused and convicted of a crime, that there are people who rush and allude to the idea that they're innocent.
    Like a certain former President?

Folks are asking those questions because it look suspect to see a woman that is hurt chasing a man down the street over HIS cellphone.

With an understanding a lot of evidence was NOT allowed in the case.

With another understanding that verdict offers consequences that don't include jail time but probation and a fine and counseling.

His career is over but those who have done worst including to children can find work.

What a ridiculous statement. He was found guilty. He committed a crime. A scorned person trying to ruin another person's life through lies? That is delusional thinking. He is a criminal facing justice. This is not some spite campaign that she herself launched. When you say something similar happened to you, are you saying you committed a crime and you accused the people holding you accountable of trying to ruin your life through lies? I mean come on, get real
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

This isn't amber heard vs depp.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    What a ridiculous statement. He was found guilty. He committed a crime. A scorned person trying to ruin another person's life through lies? That is delusional thinking. He is a criminal facing justice. This is not some spite campaign that she herself launched. When you say something similar happened to you, are you saying you committed a crime and you accused the people holding you accountable of trying to ruin your life through lies? I mean come on, get real
    An ex accused me of hitting her. (She didn't take our breakup that well as you can imagine) Her mom called the police. Thankfully she didn't think this whole story through because when the police asked her when the 'incident' occurred, she gave them a time when I was working. The police had to go to my place of employment to collaborate my statement. Of course the case was dropped but I was humiliated that my co-workers had to be involved.

An ex accused me of hitting her. (She didn't take our breakup that well as you can imagine) Her mom called the police. Thankfully she didn't think this whole story through because when the police asked her when the 'incident' occurred, she gave them a time when I was working. The police had to go to my place of employment to gather evidence. Of course the case was dropped but I was humiliated that my co-workers had to be involved.
    There is zero correlation. Majors actually comitted the crime and was found guilty. The pain you hold from the incident with your ex has no relevance to this situation.
    They/Them

An ex accused me of hitting her. (She didn't take our breakup that well as you can imagine) Her mom called the police. Thankfully she didn't think this whole story through because when the police asked her when the 'incident' occurred, she gave them a time when I was working. The police had to go to my place of employment to gather evidence. Of course the case was dropped but I was humiliated that my co-workers had to be involved.
    But justice prevailed for you, right? You weren't charged or convicted?

So, why is it because you experienced a false allegation that didn't go beyond police asking you some questions, would you assume or imply that Majors is innocent after he was convicted beyond a reasonable doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    From what I understand some evidence was not allowed and the jury had to keep asking for clarity on what they needed to decide.

Also there are some folks including lawyers that I saw on a podcast ask "why is this trial even happening?" and are looking at the prosecution for trying to get some huge boost off of this.

Like a certain former President?

Folks are asking those questions because it look suspect to see a woman that is hurt chasing a man down the street over HIS cellphone.

With an understanding a lot of evidence was NOT allowed in the case.

With another understanding that verdict offers consequences that don't include jail time but probation and a fine and counseling.

His career is over but those who have done worst including to children can find work.
    Again, her actions don't matter. Her pain threshhold is irreleavant. Other people in more serious situations don't matter.

All that matters is that the police investigated a crime and found there was probable cause that a crime happened. A jury then convicted the defendant of some of those charges bey ond a reasonable doubt.

That's how the system works. If he files an appeal and he's exonerated, then we'll talk about that. But I don't understand this rush to proclaim some type of miscarriage of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    There is zero correlation. Majors actually comitted the crime and was found guilty. The pain you hold from the incident with your ex has no relevance to this situation.
    So you know for a fact Majors committed the crime because the jury said he was guilty? Now its your turn to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    But justice prevailed for you, right? You weren't charged or convicted?

So, why is it because you experienced a false allegation that didn't go beyond police asking you some questions, would you assume or imply that Majors is innocent after he was convicted beyond a reasonable doubt?
    Fair enough I'll give you that. But if my ex thought her story through much harder there could have been a chance things could have ended far worse. I don't go out that often and prefer to chill at home. She could have provided a time where it'd have been extremely difficult to provide an alibi
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-18-2023 at 04:59 PM.

So you know for a fact Majors committed the crime because he was found guilty? Now its your turn to get real.
    Seems like you are bitter and paranoid because of what your ex did to you. It was unfair, sure, but not applicable to this situation. A court of law found Majors guilty. It was proved beyond a reasonable doubt. Not every situation between two scorned lovers is reflective of your own.
    They/Them