Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So you know for a fact Majors committed the crime because he was found guilty? Now its your turn to get real.
    We know that he was convicted of assault beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers.

There is ZERO evidence that any type of miscarriage of justice happened. I'm sorry you went through a bad experience. But using that as a springboard to assume anyone who is accused of a DV crime is innocent is a bit fool-hearty.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or they recast. Marvel's been fine with doing that in the past.

I just hate to think that Doctor Doom of all villains would just be brought in as a replacement. I want them to build up to Doom, not just toss him in there at the last minute.
    Totally agree on this, if they rush out Doom that’s bad for the character and the actor who plays him. Recast for sure.

It’s a **** situation either way but Marvel doesn’t need to toss out so much of Avengers 5 and 6 and mess up arguably their best villain for the sake of Majors.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    We know that he was convicted of assault beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers.

There is ZERO evidence that any type of miscarriage of justice happened. I'm sorry you went through a bad experience. But using that as a springboard to assume anyone who is accused of a DV crime is innocent is a bit fool-hearty.
    Like I said earlier, if my ex thought her story through much harder there could have been a chance things could have ended far worse. I don't go out that often and prefer to chill at home. She could have provided a time where it'd have been extremely difficult to provide an alibi

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Totally agree on this, if they rush out Doom that’s bad for the character and the actor who plays him. Recast for sure.

It’s a **** situation either way but Marvel doesn’t need to toss out so much of Avengers 5 and 6 and mess up arguably their best villain for the sake of Majors.
    I don't know why Marvel Disney was pushing the character of Kang so much anyway since Kang has never been as prominent like Doom has been for literally decades.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know why Marvel Disney was pushing the character of Kang so much anyway since Kang has never been as prominent like Doom has been for literally decades.
    Because he's a major Avengers villain.

Who cares how prominent he was? The MCU is built off of the most unlikely Marvel hero ever, and I imagine that Kang's multi-verse-ness might allow them to tweak the MCU. Maybe bring in the mutants, recast Black Panther, who knows?

Mighty Member

The reason is probably because they've not long had the rights for Doom. We're just seeing the X-Men show up now in the MCU, and that's mostly through nods and cameos.
    With a main MCU villain, it requires extensive planning, what Character would fit around their ideas etc.
    Considering it's the Multiverse they are going for now, it makes sense to have Kang in theory.

They would have had these plans in motion as far back as Phrase 2 I'm guessing.
    There's also the fact that Endgame came out around the same time as The Disney/Fox buyout, so Kang would have fit firmly in place.

I agree, it makes more sense to have Doom, but outside of delaying Avengers 5 and 6, and making 2 Fantastic Four movies (you'll need to do a lot of set-up for Doom), there's not a lot you can do. Unless Doom becomes a surprise villain, which I'm 100% hoping (or just make 2005 Doom the main Villain of Secret War).

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Best? Kang barely had his motives explained and looked like a punk in Quantumania's ending.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Best? Kang barely had his motives explained and looked like a punk in Quantumania's ending.
    I was talking about Doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    What a ridiculous statement. He was found guilty. He committed a crime. A scorned person trying to ruin another person's life through lies? That is delusional thinking. He is a criminal facing justice. This is not some spite campaign that she herself launched. When you say something similar happened to you, are you saying you committed a crime and you accused the people holding you accountable of trying to ruin your life through lies? I mean come on, get real
    In fairness, he was only found guilty of one of the charges and I'm pretty sure it's a lesser one that means he wasn't the aggressor.

Don't get me wrong, from what former schoolmates and Majors himself has said, he has some serious anger problems that he's struggled with. I'm not saying he's a great guy. But calling him a criminal seems a little harsh for what he actually got nailed for and ignores the larger context.

As for Marvel, the hired Brolin and re-hired William Hurt knowing full well about their pasts. Booting Majors might be the right thing to do, but it's performative on their part. I'm sure they'd have preferred to keep this quiet and move forward with him if they could.

I always struggle a bit with this kind of thing. I'm not a fan of judging people on their worst moments. Even good people are capable of doing bad things and if it wasn't for second chances, I'm not sure where any of us would be.

I'm also not a cop or a prosecutor and I don't know these people personally, so I'm neither qualified nor especially invested in passing judgment on the moral fiber of famous people I'll never meet.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    In fairness, he was only found guilty of one of the charges and I'm pretty sure it's a lesser one that means he wasn't the aggressor.

Don't get me wrong, from what former schoolmates and Majors himself has said, he has some serious anger problems that he's struggled with. I'm not saying he's a great guy. But calling him a criminal seems a little harsh for what he actually got nailed for and ignores the larger context.

As for Marvel, the hired Brolin and re-hired William Hurt knowing full well about their pasts. Booting Majors might be the right thing to do, but it's performative on their part. I'm sure they'd have preferred to keep this quiet and move forward with him if they could.

Were there not texts where he basically told his victim not to go to the hospital because it would be bad for him? Admitted anger issues, other professional people and school mates speaking of his behaviour? I'm sorry he's an abuser. He should have been fired prior to this and Disney would have dropped another actor for the same thing. Disney just kept quiet and said nothing. I'm glad he's gone. I never liked anything he's done, I couldn't stand Kang in comics or in movies/TV. He can go off now with his little cup that he brings everywhere

I felt the same way about Ultron, who hasn't really been relevant since the 1980s when he was programmed by none other than Doom.

Meanwhile, you can insert Doom in any movie right now and he will be interesting and relevant, just like Thanos was in his role. Get Doom in there before its too late for superhero movies and another 20 years passes before the next one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I felt the same way about Ultron, who hasn't really been relevant since the 1980s when he was programmed by none other than Doom.

Meanwhile, you can insert Doom in any movie right now and he will be interesting and relevant, just like Thanos was in his role. Get Doom in there before its too late for superhero movies and another 20 years passes before the next one.
    lol, you haven't read Avengers comics since the 80s, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    lol, you haven't read Avengers comics since the 80s, huh?
    There are Ultron stories past the 1980s that I didn't care for. I kind of liked the one drawn by Cho, but only because it was drawn by Cho.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

I always struggle a bit with this kind of thing. I'm not a fan of judging people on their worst moments. Even good people are capable of doing bad things and if it wasn't for second chances, I'm not sure where any of us would be.

I'm also not a cop or a prosecutor and I don't know these people personally, so I'm neither qualified nor especially invested in passing judgment on the moral fiber of famous people I'll never meet.
    Not sure where you conclude that him being convicted of assault and harassment means he wasn't the aggressor...

He was probably reckless and is being held accountable for that.