Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

First Jean became the Phoenix, then she didn't. Then she was again, Then she wasn't. I'm confused. Couldn't they have let Jean stay dead? Couldn't they have let Maddie stay dead, after her "merging" with Jean after Inferno? They could have done so much more with that then. Now, we're going through this again and again and again. Do think that Maddie (in her day) was better written than Jean. Think that's part of why people are so interested in her return now and then.

--jthree

[OT]
    Petition to have an evil!not-teen-O5 title in which we get Dark Phoenix, Hitler!Scott, Apocalypse Warren, Dark Bobby and Current Betsy.
    (seriously, the First Class and their genocidal feats).
    [/OT]

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    [OT]
    Petition to have an evil!not-teen-O5 title in which we get Dark Phoenix, Hitler!Scott, Apocalypse Warren, Dark Bobby and Current Betsy.
    (seriously, the First Class and their genocidal feats).
    [/OT]
    yeah, why not. corrupting all original 5 again would make a great storyline. Xavier could also have a guest spot as Onslaught.

BANNED

Betsy is evil right now?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Betsy is evil right now?
    How else would you explain this?

I kind of had trouble following the plot of this issue, but I have several obstacles working against me. 1st, I had surgery just over a week ago and am still recovering but the meds I’m on leave me pretty loopy, secondly I’ve never read the original Inferno so all those plot points were lost on me and finally the book seemed to just jump around and not flow naturally but that might be a result of the combination of problems 1 and 2. I am enjoying the “what if” nature of the story and I really like how it’s tied into Immortal X-Men also. I’ll have to give it a second chance because I loved the 1st two issues.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I think people are missing the point of this series. They are retreading everything to show that:

A - even if things were done differently, it wouldn’t have worked out (in many ways, it would be worse), and

B - everything we think we know and knew, we don’t. Even Jean herself is about to get the revelation.

There’s only one more issue, so I think if you’ve read this far, you may as well wait for the finale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    I think people are missing the point of this series. They are retreading everything to show that:

A - even if things were done differently, it wouldn’t have worked out (in many ways, it would be worse), and

B - everything we think we know and knew, we don’t. Even Jean herself is about to get the revelation.

There’s only one more issue, so I think if you’ve read this far, you may as well wait for the finale.
    Do you have some insider/spoiler info or something? How do you know "everything we think we know, we don't?"

Yeah I'm trying not to create any high expectations.

@Grinning Soul, as always, thank you for your wise, empathetic thoughts and sentiments.

Also, in case this isn't apparent to some, there were actually two twists in this issue: (1) Jean saving Nathan before Madelyne’s demons got him, and the most important twist: (2) Jean rejecting Phoenix. In the original Inferno, she accepted Phoenix.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

More grist for the mill: Jean, Madelyne, and Dark Phoenix are all listed as Jean Grey on the roster page for Jean Grey #3 (2023).

“I’m the only ‘me’ that ever was.”

My secret hope has been that this mini will retcon the retcon: DPS wasn't the Phoenix impersonating Jean, it was Jean. Heavily influenced by a cosmic entity in her head, but her. It'll give DPS the weight back to its ending, and one of Jean's most iconic moments will be hers again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Blame Jim Shooter and his insistence that someone who destroyed the D'Bari cannot live on as a hero.
    The Broccolians deserve justice.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Jean Grey has been tried twice for destroying the D'Bari's star... Three times, if you count the Judgement of The Progenitor.

How much more justice will it take?
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-27-2023 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.