Spectacular Member

Default Ms Marvel The New Mutant #3 Discussion and Spoilers

No thread for this so figured I'd make one.

I enjoyed this issue quite a bit. I liked how they showed Kamala's conflict with her split identity and how they reconciled it. I liked how she didn't fall for Orchis' trap by saying its not about the mutant powers for her.

It also seems like her powers manifest since Sentinals can detect her now. I guess we'll see her powers next issue. I'm okay with it probably being hardlight powers, but I hope they give it a distinct twist rather then just copying her MCU abilities.

It was pretty good. Her view of superherosism being about the act of helping more so than the actual power set used to do it was nice and very fitting of her character. Her admission about feeling somewhat lost to find out she is not just an Inhuman any more but now also a mutant was interesting. Apparently even the antagonists are picking up on this as one states she's afraid of her X-Men uniform.

I see someone actually made a mock up of Captain Pakistan as of five years ago.
    Link if anyone is interested:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pakistan/co..._hero_we_need/

Unfortunately I can't say this is "must read" for the Fall of X at all really. I got it cause I'm a huge fan of hers but if you aren't, you aren't missing much.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    It was pretty good. Her view of superherosism being about the act of helping more so than the actual power set used to do it was nice and very fitting of her character. Her admission about feeling somewhat lost to find out she is not just an Inhuman any more but now also a mutant was interesting. Apparently even the antagonists are picking up on this as one states she's afraid of her X-Men uniform.

I see someone actually made a mock up of Captain Pakistan as of five years ago.
    Link if anyone is interested:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pakistan/co..._hero_we_need/

Unfortunately I can't say this is "must read" for the Fall of X at all really. I got it cause I'm a huge fan of hers but if you aren't, you aren't missing much.
    Yeah, it feels like its more to transition existing Ms Marvel fans to her new status quo then to introduce her to X fans. I think thats the right move, especially considering how upset a lot of Kamala fans were with her death.