View Poll Results: What do you think of Cheetah?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her! One of my favorite villains ever!

40 38.83%
  • I like her all right, but she could be better.

42 40.78%
  • I don't really think one way or another about her.

9 8.74%
  • I don't like Cheetah, she is a rubbish supervillain.

10 9.71%
  • Who's Cheetah?

2 1.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VILLAINS! Your Thoughts On: CHEETAH!

With the rebooting of the forums, it's time to start up Gail's old villain threads again!

What is everyone's thoughts on the feline femme fatale? Is she being treated right in the New 52, or do you want to see something else done with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone
    Love her, hate her, have a favorite or least favorite version or appearance?
    Other Villain Threads:
    Angle Man
    Queen Clea
    Villainy Inc.
    Last edited by Nyssane; 05-06-2014 at 11:41 AM.

List of good WW villians

> Giganta
    > Clea
    > Strife
    > Cheetah (Pre-COIE)

EDIT: Woops should have read full title.

Anyway, I like the original Cheetah. She was crazy.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-30-2014 at 04:01 PM.

I like the Cheetah and think she is a great villain for both Wonder Woman and the world at large. However I don't like her new origin that much. I also don't like the way she became the Cheetah either. But I do think she is awesome and want to see more of her. I feel like most writers just don't know how to portray her well and I think it really hurts the character.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love every incarnation of the Cheetah but Priscilla Rich is my favorite of them all(especially the version from Alex Ross' Justice).

Last edited by Dr. Poison; 04-30-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think that she should be a mixture of Joker and Lex Luther, with Bizarro's power. Like Diana is a mixture so to speak of Clark and Bruce. She should have Lex's smarts and wicked cunning, but she should be downright creepy and be seen as insane, though she has a method to her madness like The Joker. She should also have the power to back those things up. Lex should find her attractive and somebody that could stand at his side...somewhat. And the Joker should find her terrifying, and knows to stay out of her way.

I also like the Alex Ross design for her. Maybe tweeked somewhat. That was downright creepy for her to just skin her cats like that.
    Last edited by richalex; 04-30-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I think that she should be a mixture of Joker and Lex Luther, with Bizarro's power. Like Diana is a mixture so to speak of Clark and Bruce. She should have Lex's smarts and wicked cunning, but she should be downright creepy and be seen as insane, though she has a method to her madness like The Joker. She should also have the power to back those things up. Lex should find her attractive and somebody that could stand at his side...somewhat. And the Joker should find her terrifying, and knows to stay out of her way.

I also like the Alex Ross design for her. Maybe tweeked somewhat. That was downright creepy for her to just skin her cats like that.
    I agree with what you said. She the beauty and the beast, a hunter that gets what she wants.
    I'd want Perez's origin for Barbara Minerva reinstated as well. Why not her own beauty,
    or whatever, company that is a façade for her villainous goals.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

The problem writers have with Cheetah is much the same problem they've had with post-Crisis Wonder Woman.

Is the Cheetah an expression of Barbara Minerva's monstrous ambitions? Is the Cheetah a costumed troublemaker, who happens to be Minerva?

I think the center of this character is Barbara Minerva and how she sees herself. It's the consideration of the fact that Minerva sees herself as a superior being, whose role in the universe is to prey upon, conquer and literally devour other beings. Is this part of some twisted hyper-Darwinist world-view? Does she Minerva want to turn the world into a jungle, where people literally hunt down and devour each other - is that her mission in life? Every great super-villain - Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, the Joker, Galactus - has a mission that is grander in scope, than making trouble for the superhero, and that has historically been my problem with the post-Perez Circe ..and Cheetah, as well.

What exactly is the Cheetah's mission? What does she understand to be her purpose in the world? This is the center of writing every great villain, ..and without it, the Cheetah is just some buffoon in a silly costume, wasting everybody's time.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-23-2015 at 03:06 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Wonder Woman vs Cheetah... I'm still trying to source the bookends that featured these two ladies!

Cheetah rules!

How many here have read her first appearance?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

That outfit is everything.
    She could be Cruella's wild cat obsessed cousin.

BANNED

Golden age cheetah has no business being in new 52. Also, current cheetah should show her face once per 30 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Golden age cheetah has no business being in new 52. Also, current cheetah should show her face once per 30 issues.
    If written well yes. She can be an interested villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

You know, I like this rendition. She's very alluring in a real world sense, which I think is important to counter balance Diana's real world allure. And that sort of look implies cunning and smarts; the cat look emphasizes the physicality--I think the Cheetah needs both (which sorta means I'd like her to have both looks). And I think this look would make use of a sexual predator subtext, which I also think the Cheetah needs to have (she's a figurative AND literal maneater.....).

Hmmm ... that leads nicely into the Fourth Goal of the CATCAVE: "Since only there is only one Wonder Woman, there is only one Cheetah."

One the many areas that the Cheetah could use improvement is the clearing up over her triple-identity.

I would really prefer that the Cheetah is one person, one singular irredeemable individual, with a host of other alter egos.

For me, the base or true identity of the Cheetah should be the one Marston created back in the 1940s: Priscilla Rich.

Debbie and Barbara (and even Sebastian) should remain as various false identities Priscilla can rely on when she wants.

Plus, "Priscilla Rich" has a nice symmetry with "Diana Prince".

Also, more of Debbie's look, less of the furry wet dream motif.