View Poll Results: What do you think of Cheetah?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her! One of my favorite villains ever!

40 38.83%
  • I like her all right, but she could be better.

42 40.78%
  • I don't really think one way or another about her.

9 8.74%
  • I don't like Cheetah, she is a rubbish supervillain.

10 9.71%
  • Who's Cheetah?

2 1.94%
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I feel like she's one of those villains who should be pretty big in the DCU (given her abilities and backstory). However, DC doesn't seem interested in pushing her, or they don't know how to exactly (that could also be the case).

I don't know why but I always felt wen it came to Priscalla she could have been more than just a crazy woman. Her suit should be giving an upgrade.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I feel like she's one of those villains who should be pretty big in the DCU (given her abilities and backstory). However, DC doesn't seem interested in pushing her, or they don't know how to exactly (that could also be the case).
    Oh, they pushed her in her debut.

She threatened the entire Justice League, turning Superman and Flash into monsters. She was only really captured because she WANTED to be captured. We saw her take a punch from Wonder Woman and keep fighting. We saw her slash Diana's throat and put her out of commission for a while.

There's an interest in pushing her. Someone just should've told that the Sterling Gates before he had her go down like a sack of crap to a powerless dude not long after she proved herself a credible threat to the League.

Oh! And for my vote? Love Cheetah. Think she's massively underrated, and as I indicated here, I very much hope DC will keep billing her as a JL-level threat and that her weak showing in Forever Evil: ARGUS will be forgotten, along with everything else Forever Evil-related.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

That outfit is everything.
    She could be Cruella's wild cat obsessed cousin.

BANNED

Golden age cheetah has no business being in new 52. Also, current cheetah should show her face once per 30 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Golden age cheetah has no business being in new 52. Also, current cheetah should show her face once per 30 issues.
    If written well yes. She can be an interested villain.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

She threatened the entire Justice League, turning Superman and Flash into monsters. She was only really captured because she WANTED to be captured. We saw her take a punch from Wonder Woman and keep fighting. We saw her slash Diana's throat and put her out of commission for a while.

There's an interest in pushing her. Someone just should've told that the Sterling Gates before he had her go down like a sack of crap to a powerless dude not long after she proved herself a credible threat to the League.

Oh! And for my vote? Love Cheetah. Think she's massively underrated, and as I indicated here, I very much hope DC will keep billing her as a JL-level threat and that her weak showing in Forever Evil: ARGUS will be forgotten, along with everything else Forever Evil-related.
    Missing out on Kindt's plans for her is one of the most frustrating comics experiences I've had in a while. While I didn't dislike her role in FE:ARGUS as much as you, I do agree that it was a MAJOR step down from what we were promised.

I hope Johns is cooking up some kind of "Sinestro Corps War" or "Throne of Atlantis" style event/crossover for her. Something that he is politely waiting for Azzarello to leave before he (and the new solo writer) begin laying the groundwork for.

Ultimate Member

I'm not a huge fan of the current look either. I'd prefer a look that's more similar to what she had in JL: Doom:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ague_Doom).png

I freaking love this design for her and wish she looked more like it in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

I seem to recall her being jobbed out to other heroes quite a bit in the old universe as well. Didn't she get punched out by Catwoman once? In fact, a lot of WW villains suffer that treatment (Batman defeating Circe in a magic fight during Amazons Attack being another egregious example).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I seem to recall her being jobbed out to other heroes quite a bit in the old universe as well. Didn't she get punched out by Catwoman once? In fact, a lot of WW villains suffer that treatment (Batman defeating Circe in a magic fight during Amazons Attack being another egregious example).
    Yes, in the old universe, she got jobbed A LOT. That Catwoman scene was ridiculous. And yes, Circe got magic-beat by Batman as well.

Yeah, in the previous continuity, Diana's villains were treated as disposable punching bags. But so far, Cheetah has threatened the Justice League.

So far, Cheetah is the only one of Diana's classic rogues who is even confirmed to BE one of her rogue's any longer. We have no proof Giganta is still a Wonder Woman villain. We have no proof Doctor Psycho has ever gone NEAR Diana. So Cheetah's the only one who counts so far. And there is clearly interest in NOT jobbing her anymore (Gates' failure notwithstanding.)

I think the New 52 will ultimately help Diana's rogues in the long run. Which is further proof that the New 52 has benefitted Diana extremely well in the long run.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Blue Snowman fought Wonder Woman, too, don't forget.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    Blue Snowman fought Wonder Woman, too, don't forget.

And most likely Angle Man did too at some point given his recent cameo in Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm going to treat this as an equivalent to an appreciation thread instead of starting a seperate one, which I assume would be preferred.

I've always viewed Cheetah as Diana's Luthor, anyways I thought she should be. In the 90s and 00s she was eclipsed by Circe, but I still think Cheetah is swell. I'm fond of all of the versions, even that Sebastian guy who was Cheetah IV. I liked Debra Domaine's backstory how she was Priscilla's niece who was brainwashed into thinking she was the Cheetah. While I liked the new 52 nods by having PR and DD be aliases of Barbara Minerva I wonder why they stick with the Barbara Minerva name and not a competely new ID. I guess BM sounds better, more modern than Priscilla Rich.

I thought Gail Simone wrote Cheetah well, I enjoyed her 'Faces of Evil' issue and I loved the Johns two-parter in Justice League. My one hope for the post-Azzarello Wonder Woman is that Cheetah becomes a force to be reckoned with, and appears in Di's actual book. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

2676699-cheetah8a.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If written well yes. She can be an interested villain.
    That can be said about every other Wonder Woman villain including mouse man and Paper man. Don't get me wrong, i m not saying cheetah shouldn't appear in Wonder Woman's comic at all, she simply is not interesting enough to be Wonder Woman's #1 villain. Her villains month issue was one of the weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    That can be said about every other Wonder Woman villain including mouse man and Paper man. Don't get me wrong, i m not saying cheetah shouldn't appear in Wonder Woman's comic at all, she simply is not interesting enough to be Wonder Woman's #1 villain. Her villains month issue was one of the weakest.
    That's because the Dc people can't let Diana's villains be threatening. She can be shown threaten and be interesting. This is why I find Priscilla. ALso look at Barbara origin her's is the opposites of Diana's