View Poll Results: What do you think of Cheetah?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her! One of my favorite villains ever!

40 38.83%
  • I like her all right, but she could be better.

42 40.78%
  • I don't really think one way or another about her.

9 8.74%
  • I don't like Cheetah, she is a rubbish supervillain.

10 9.71%
  • Who's Cheetah?

2 1.94%
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Uh... she is a villain who slashes people to pieces?
    .......And EATS them?

Seriously, what is up with people wanting Diana to jump in bed with monsters and murderers lately?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Uh... she is a villain who slashes people to pieces?
    I meant if they were involved together pre Barbara's betrayal and transformation into Cheetah. I have no doubt that Diana would never be involved with someone like Barbara the way she is now. If they had decided to explore the idea of them being lovers-turned-bitter enemies, it could have been an interesting twist, and certainly something different as far as mainstream DC/Marvel comics are concerned.

But most attempts to make Diana seem bi or gay have seemed forced in the past (Simone's run), so it's probably for the best that something like that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    .......And EATS them?

Seriously, what is up with people wanting Diana to jump in bed with monsters and murderers lately?
    Is this really a trend? I'm only half-serious with my Diana/Cheetah ship (and I think Pinsir is just joking as well), but are there really people shipping Diana with "monsters and murderers"?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Is this really a trend? I'm only half-serious with my Diana/Cheetah ship (and I think Pinsir is just joking as well), but are there really people shipping Diana with "monsters and murderers"?
    Apparently you missed dshipp17's one-person campaign in favor of Diana hooking up with Dr. Psycho.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Apparently you missed dshipp17's one-person campaign in favor of Diana hooking up with Dr. Psycho.

Ooohhh yeah, I remember that. *shudders*

Anyway, does anyone remember that interview Johns did way back when she was first re-introduced into the New 52? They made a big deal about it, and Johns said she'd be a "major villainous force in 2012 and beyond." Well, it's 2014 and I'm still waiting. I wonder if DC has a big story arc planned for her and they're just politely waiting for Azzarello to finish his run before using the solo book to do it?

I'd love Johns to map out a big arc for her, but his writing of Diana herself is almost always crap, so I hope he just gives notes for the new solo writer to work off of, like he's doing with Parker for the upcoming "Seven Seas" arc. I'm hoping Parker ends up being the new writer. The upcoming Aquaman Annual strikes me as being a sort of test run.

Ooohhh yeah, I remember that. *shudders*

Anyway, does anyone remember that interview Johns did way back when she was first re-introduced into the New 52? They made a big deal about it, and Johns said she'd be a "major villainous force in 2012 and beyond." Well, it's 2014 and I'm still waiting. I wonder if DC has a big story arc planned for her and they're just politely waiting for Azzarello to finish his run before using the solo book to do it?

I'd love Johns to map out a big arc for her, but his writing of Diana herself is almost always crap, so I hope he just gives notes for the new solo writer to work off of, like he's doing with Parker for the upcoming "Seven Seas" arc. I'm hoping Parker ends up being the new writer. The upcoming Aquaman Annual strikes me as being a sort of test run.
    Maybe he just meant her big story arc in Justice League, I hope not tho~

I think it would've been AWESOME if she played a bigger role in Forever Evil, like no use crying about it now it's over, but it sucks that all of the other members of the Justice League had their main villain in the main team except Wonder Woman (And Cyborg, who has no villains) I think Cheetah would have been great! It could've established her as more of a power player, hanging with the big dogs in a HUGE event, instead she got beat up by Steve Trevor in one issue that was it! OTL And that wasn't even the main issue, it was A.R.G.U.S which I'm pretty sure didn't sell so well.
    Last edited by Step; 06-08-2014 at 11:33 AM.

.......And EATS them?

You just described the basis of eroticism right there.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

> joking

You know you want Diana to kiss these lips...
    Last edited by Pinsir; 06-08-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Maybe he just meant her big story arc in Justice League, I hope not tho~

I think it would've been AWESOME if she played a bigger role in Forever Evil, like no use crying about it now it's over, but it sucks that all of the other members of the Justice League had their main villain in the main team except Wonder Woman (And Cyborg, who has no villains) I think Cheetah would have been great! It could've established her as more of a power player, hanging with the big dogs in a HUGE event, instead she got beat up by Steve Trevor in one issue that was it! OTL And that wasn't even the main issue, it was A.R.G.U.S which I'm pretty sure didn't sell so well.
    Yeah, we had Lex, Cold, Sinestro, Black Manta and Black Adam. Aside from the Joker (who doesn't need the exposure of a major event like the others do), that's all the arch villains of the major Justice League members except a WW/Cheetah match up. They seemed to have something bigger planned for her in A.R.G.U.S, but it got lost in the writer shuffle. Though the endings of JL#14 and WW #23.1 seemed to indicate that she was working with the Society and the Syndicate, but nothing ever came of it.

It's like DC just lives to poop in my cereal when it comes to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

> joking

You know you want Diana to kiss these lips...
    Well, I'm sure it's a fantasy of at least one person out there somewhere...

Among all the villainous archetypes in fiction, my most favorite is the "polar opposite". My least favorite villainous archetype? The "twisted reflection."

The Cheetah should not be a twisted reflection of Wonder Woman. Save that for lesser WW rogues like, say, Clea. The Cheetah should be the polar opposite of Wonder Woman. She needs a better origin. A Merged Cheetah, with all the best/worst traits of all her incarnations in one person.

I would say, start off with Priscilla Rich. Let's say Priscilla starts a selfish but otherwise normal girl, but at every stage in her life kept making increasingly poor decisions that left her in worse and worse conditions. Let's also say that Priscilla always, ALWAYS blamed others for her own shortcomings and never once took responsibility for her own actions. In a vicious cycle of betrayal and cynicism, with each disappointment, Priscilla grows ever crueler and more violent to others. She becomes a prolific cheater and world-class liar, the likes of which have scarcely been seen before. Debbie Domaine and Barbara Minerva (and even Sebastian Ballesteros) become identities Priscilla Rich creates and lives through, because lying is like breathing to her. She views happiness as a zero-sum game, consequently her own happiness must come first, last and only. If her happiness brings suffering to others, then those losers deserve it, according to her. She is all that matters. Priscilla Rich is the living embodiment of "schadenfreude".

And all that's BEFORE she gains her powerful magic, which should not at all be tied to the Greek Gods.

It's important that the Cheetah be one person (albeit with many identities), as I've never subscribed to the idea that anyone other than Diana can truly be Wonder Woman.

Cheetah has been revealed to be one of the villains in Lego Batman 3. She got the shaft in the second game, but she's confirmed for this one.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    Cheetah has been revealed to be one of the villains in Lego Batman 3. She got the shaft in the second game, but she's confirmed for this one.

That's very good news and helps to cement her place as Wonder Woman's arch nemesis.

#ChooseCheetah
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    Great news! More exposure for her is always a good thing. I wonder if they'll put her in Injustice 2? She seems like a natural fit for that kind of game.

Great news! More exposure for her is always a good thing. I wonder if they'll put her in Injustice 2? She seems like a natural fit for that kind of game.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they will! I was sad when they put Ares in over her, I think Cheetah would've worked better, like one of those super fast, super annoying characters, plus it would have been great to show her as Wonder Woman's arch-rival, plus that game was a complete sausage fest, a female villain like the Cheetah would have been great.

I was so bummed that they didn't use Cheetah during the gameplay at E3.
    Hopefully, they had a few more WW villains, as well.