Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ben Percy and Victor LaValle Plot the Most Violent Wolverine Story of All Time

Dayum! What did Creed do to poor Scott's head!? Cleaved that sucker in two. Yikes...

Interview: https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-sabret...lle-interview/
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Some additional pages from the next issue of Wolverine guest-starring Black Panther too...

The other pages shown from 'Sabretooth War' we already saw at NYCC not long ago, featuring Logan and Daken and also a big splash page of Wolverine fighting a bunch of headless Sabretooths.

Spectacular Member

What fresh fan fic Hell is this?

It's probably a dream sequence or danger room or something. If I had to guess.

Fantastic Member

We all know how this will end Sabretooth and Wolverine have yet another knock down drag out then Vic gets decapitated or some other way "killed" and then everyone acts like he's gone for good til a few years (or less) go by a he pops up again like it never happened

Wolverine vs Sabretooth. I don't ask for more in my comicbooks. For real, I don't care about a team of Sabretooth (Sabreteeth?), but I always enjoy a good Wolverine vs Sabretooth fight, as mindless as they can get
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    We all know how this will end Sabretooth and Wolverine have yet another knock down drag out then Vic gets decapitated or some other way "killed" and then everyone acts like he's gone for good til a few years (or less) go by a he pops up again like it never happened
    Ha. You just described every superhero story ever. Well done. Spidey versus Green Goblin or Doc Ock for the eight thousandth time! Batman versus the Joker! And on and on and on... the villain gets jailed or "killed"... until they aren't, and then they go again.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Wolverine vs Sabretooth. I don't ask for more in my comicbooks. For real, I don't care about a team of Sabretooth (Sabreteeth?), but I always enjoy a good Wolverine vs Sabretooth fight, as mindless as they can get
    Like a Family Guy Peter/Chicken fight.

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-sabret...lle-interview/

Let's move into "The Sabretooth War," which begins in January's Wolverine #41 but was mentioned back in March's Sabretooth and the Exiles #5. How long has this story been in the works? When did you know this would be a project you'd both be co-writing?

Victor LaValle: Ben and I started talking about this before I'd even begun writing the first Sabretooth mini about what happened to Victor Creed in the Pit. As soon as I came on board, it was a no-brainer that Logan and Victor would have to come to blows. The only question was how best to do it [and] how to make it as epic as we could. That meant letting Sabretooth have his run through the first mini and the Sabretooth & the Exiles run, sort of off the page within Wolverine's life -- only for it all to come back with an astounding and terrifying impact, as folks will see by the end of Wolverine #41.

Percy: Sabretooth is THE big bad. So what did we do? We immediately ripped him off the stage. This happened in HOX/POX when he was dragged into the Pit. Victor has been telling Creed's story from the shadows all this time. And what that's done is built the tension and terror so that when these two finally come crashing together, it will be a cataclysmic release. We knew we were going to do this from the very beginning.

What else can you tell us about the scope, scale, and action of "The Sabretooth War?"

LaValle: Ben and I knew one thing: we wanted this to be the bloodiest, roughest Wolverine & Sabretooth story ever told. That meant things would get violent, of course, but violence only really has an impact when there's an emotional element to it. You don't hurt a man like Logan by going after him. You hurt him by going after the ones he loves.

Percy: "The Most Violent Wolverine Story of All Time" is our promise. Marvel gave us the green light on that, so prepare to be awed and disturbed. But this is more than an adrenaline-fueled splatter-fest, of course. The only reason any of that mayhem matters is because there's a heart and soul to this story. Wolverine is trying to protect those he loves.

In the aftermath of Sabretooth and the Exiles, Victor Creed has joined forces with a number of his multiversal counterparts. What can you tell us about the dynamic between them? Which of these versions of Sabretooth have proven to be especially fun to write?

LaValle: So many Sabretooths! What I've found particularly fun about writing these different versions is that they're mostly a team in name only. You can't get the Creeds to cooperate. Each one wants to be top dog.

Who are some of the supporting players in "The Sabretooth War?" Will we see more of the surviving cast from Sabretooth and the Exiles?

LaValle: The Exiles will be back. They have to be. Partly because I love them, but also because way back in the first Sabertooth mini, Doug Ramsey gave Nekra a special seed that she was supposed to use against Sabretooth. She still has it, and by the end of this War, she will use it. Victor won't be happy when she does.

Yes for the Exiles!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Percy is going to be one of the all time classic writers for Logan when he is done. Say what you want about X-Force, his run on the solo title has been consistently good to great and it is so obvious that he loves the character. Thank you Marvel for giving this guy the chance to shine.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-sabret...lle-interview/

Let's move into "The Sabretooth War," which begins in January's Wolverine #41 but was mentioned back in March's Sabretooth and the Exiles #5. How long has this story been in the works? When did you know this would be a project you'd both be co-writing?

Victor LaValle: Ben and I started talking about this before I'd even begun writing the first Sabretooth mini about what happened to Victor Creed in the Pit. As soon as I came on board, it was a no-brainer that Logan and Victor would have to come to blows. The only question was how best to do it [and] how to make it as epic as we could. That meant letting Sabretooth have his run through the first mini and the Sabretooth & the Exiles run, sort of off the page within Wolverine's life -- only for it all to come back with an astounding and terrifying impact, as folks will see by the end of Wolverine #41.

Percy: Sabretooth is THE big bad. So what did we do? We immediately ripped him off the stage. This happened in HOX/POX when he was dragged into the Pit. Victor has been telling Creed's story from the shadows all this time. And what that's done is built the tension and terror so that when these two finally come crashing together, it will be a cataclysmic release. We knew we were going to do this from the very beginning.

What else can you tell us about the scope, scale, and action of "The Sabretooth War?"

LaValle: Ben and I knew one thing: we wanted this to be the bloodiest, roughest Wolverine & Sabretooth story ever told. That meant things would get violent, of course, but violence only really has an impact when there's an emotional element to it. You don't hurt a man like Logan by going after him. You hurt him by going after the ones he loves.

Percy: "The Most Violent Wolverine Story of All Time" is our promise. Marvel gave us the green light on that, so prepare to be awed and disturbed. But this is more than an adrenaline-fueled splatter-fest, of course. The only reason any of that mayhem matters is because there's a heart and soul to this story. Wolverine is trying to protect those he loves.

In the aftermath of Sabretooth and the Exiles, Victor Creed has joined forces with a number of his multiversal counterparts. What can you tell us about the dynamic between them? Which of these versions of Sabretooth have proven to be especially fun to write?

LaValle: So many Sabretooths! What I've found particularly fun about writing these different versions is that they're mostly a team in name only. You can't get the Creeds to cooperate. Each one wants to be top dog.

Who are some of the supporting players in "The Sabretooth War?" Will we see more of the surviving cast from Sabretooth and the Exiles?

LaValle: The Exiles will be back. They have to be. Partly because I love them, but also because way back in the first Sabertooth mini, Doug Ramsey gave Nekra a special seed that she was supposed to use against Sabretooth. She still has it, and by the end of this War, she will use it. Victor won't be happy when she does.

Yes for the Exiles!!
    Yay more Exiles.

Female Creed feels cursed.

I'm glad LaValle's Exiles haven't been forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Percy is going to be one of the all time classic writers for Logan when he is done. Say what you want about X-Force, his run on the solo title has been consistently good to great and it is so obvious that he loves the character. Thank you Marvel for giving this guy the chance to shine.
    Yeah, I’ve liked his Wolverine run too. It reads better in trade format, but it’s been “good” to “great” in terms of my enjoyment of it and feeling that I got my money’s worth.

Agree about X-Force too. Started out hot, but quickly cooled and then fizzed out. Lately I’ve been getting a bit more interested, though, as he’s finally starting to wrap up his Mikhail and Beast plots. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I’ve liked his Wolverine run too. It reads better in trade format, but it’s been “good” to “great” in terms of my enjoyment of it and feeling that I got my money’s worth.

Agree about X-Force too. Started out hot, but quickly cooled and then fizzed out. Lately I’ve been getting a bit more interested, though, as he’s finally starting to wrap up his Mikhail and Beast plots. Finally.
    Yeah that has been my consistent issue with X-Force, the plot just takes so long to progress that it simply doesn't work in a month to month format. Now that the stories are progressing/ending it is getting very enjoyable again. His solo title hasn't really suffered with that issue ever.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this, I've been enjoying Percy's Wolverine from the start and I can't wait to see how he ends his run on the book.