Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Hickman Ultimate Universe #1 Preview & Spoilers

Preview here

Figured it was time for a new thread.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So how does Sif go from this to teaming-up with them?

Ultimate Thor's definitely got some anger issues to work out.

Astonishing Member

I know it's not but that looks like Doom 2099.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how does Sif go from this to teaming-up with them?

Ultimate Thor's definitely got some anger issues to work out.
    I bet DoomReed and Iron Lad prove Thor's innocence and reveal the extent of The Maker and Loki's treachery.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Preview here

Figured it was time for a new thread.
    Thanks for sharing this. I was completely enthused by Ultimate Invasion and psyched to read this issue to see the fallout from it. I see the other titles they are launching, but I hope we get info on The Ultimates book soon and when that’s premiering.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I know it's not but that looks like Doom 2099.
    Beyond the similar appearances, 6160 Doom being Reed likely means this will also be a more heroic “Doom” (although Reed is clearly suffering from mental problems thanks to Maker so who knows).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. I was completely enthused by Ultimate Invasion and psyched to read this issue to see the fallout from it. I see the other titles they are launching, but I hope we get info on The Ultimates book soon and when that’s premiering.
    My hunch is that will spin out of the UBP and Hickman wants to push people to check that out, hence why it’s not in the starting lineup.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I bet DoomReed and Iron Lad prove Thor's innocence and reveal the extent of The Maker and Loki's treachery.
    I expect Thor and Sif are going to be exiled from Asgard, whenever the Ultimates book finally lands we will probably see an arc focused on deposing Loki.

I kinda miss hippie Thor, but this looks good.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

So… not much actually happens lol. The Ultimates just break into Asgard and get Thor, they have Cap but don’t free him yet (seems no one actually remembers him still which is interesting), and they have one container full of relics like Peter’s spider but there were far more they had to leave behind. Sif is kind of on their side, she’s still not convinced about what Tony and Reed claim, but she’s leaning towards helping them. The Ultimate Illuminati retaliates for the theft by framing Tony for murder as a terrorist - Norman and Emily Osborn are listed among the missing/KIA of the blast - and so is May Parker. Looks like Hickman is setting up Harry to be the Green Goblin of 6160 and Peter either won’t have May OR Ben, or in 6160 May is dead and Ben is alive.

Given this directly sets up the Black Panther book it looks like my hunch of BP being the one to actually host the Ultimates was correct. Hickman likely wants to push people to check out BP and is holding off on Ultimates for that reason.

So… not much actually happens lol. The Ultimates just break into Asgard and get Thor, they have Cap but don’t free him yet (seems no one actually remembers him still which is interesting), and they have one container full of relics like Peter’s spider but there were far more they had to leave behind. Sif is kind of on their side, she’s still not convinced about what Tony and Reed claim, but she’s leaning towards helping them. The Ultimate Illuminati retaliates for the theft by framing Tony for murder as a terrorist - Norman and Emily Osborn are listed among the missing/KIA of the blast - and so is May Parker. Looks like Hickman is setting up Harry to be the Green Goblin of 6160 and Peter either won’t have May OR Ben, or in 6160 May is dead and Ben is alive.

Given this directly sets up the Black Panther book it looks like my hunch of BP being the one to actually host the Ultimates was correct. Hickman likely wants to push people to check out BP and is holding off on Ultimates for that reason.
    Hickman remains consistent .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hickman remains consistent .
    On one hand it’s probably for the best *not* to get too into the weeds of it all to the point the one shot is mandatory. On the other hand there is so much lore and backstory already for 6160 that I’m concerned it’s going to be a put off for new readers. Ultimate Spider-Man will be the test, I’m more excited for that one now at least. DoomReed and Tony approaching Peter likely won’t go well at first since Tony is getting blamed for killing Peter’s Aunt May.

Astonishing Member

Captain Britain loses his right eye because of Iron Lad.

Part of Manhattan is gone.

The map of the world has changed. The NAU is no more is redistributed.

Backup of The Ultimate X-Men. I thought it was cute.

I'm so lost...I thought Ultimate Cap was killed in that whole debacle 'ending' the Ultimate universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I'm so lost...I thought Ultimate Cap was killed in that whole debacle 'ending' the Ultimate universe?
    You mean Cataclysm? That was on Earth-1610. The new ultimate universe is Earth-6160.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    You mean Cataclysm? That was on Earth-1610. The new ultimate universe is Earth-6160.
    Oh damn. Sounds like I need a whole new education on the Ultimates. Thanks for clearing that up for me.