Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I enjoyed it but was surprised that the Invasion mini had actually ended. Feels like nothing was quite wrapped up.
    Well it was aiming to kick off a storyline not end it, though for now the Maker is on the shelf.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

The NAU (Canada, U.S.A, Mexico) is no more and has been divided up by the other world powers. It's gonna be a radically different setting for Ultimate Spider-man come January.

Fantastic Member

For those confused as to where the story continues from UU #1 I would imagine in Spider-Man since Hickman is writing that and the spider was in that case they stole. Also the ending implied May, Norman Osborne and his wife are all either missing or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Millar was just very crass about it.
    Same. I definitely got it, but I just didn’t like it. Betty and Bruce were never one of my top 10 couples but the characterization of them both in Ultimates was cringey.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    For those confused as to where the story continues from UU #1 I would imagine in Spider-Man since Hickman is writing that and the spider was in that case they stole. Also the ending implied May, Norman Osborne and his wife are all either missing or dead.
    Which will most likely complicate things should Tony try to recruit Peter, as Peter would be thinking, like most everyone else, that Tony was responsible for his Aunt May's death (and the Osborns, too). Even aside from that personal loss, with Tony being Public Enemy #1 thanks to the Maker's Council's machinations, I could see Peter being incredibly wary around him, especially a Peter with far more to lose, being a married adult with two children.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This sets up all three books, not sure what you're seeing that's leading specifically to BP. All three books are set up. Peter's spider & the deaths of Norman, Emily, and May; BP's shadowed appearance; and Armor is clearly referenced when the newscaster talks about a girl in Hi-No-Kuni surviving a car crash with no damage.
    How about Thor? Is he the original Ultimate Thor, or is he a lot more brutal, like the old Norse myth stories. Less personal and more angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Clearly the Maker, Kang, and Howard re-emerging from the City will be an event that ends the first “Phase”. Doesn’t necessarily mean the line itself will end, Hickman has said he’ll be on USM for as long as he enjoys writing it. Whether this Ultimate Universe goes on or not will come to sales, if the sales are good I’m sure they’ll keep going. Otherwise they’ll end the line, but at least (hopefully) Hickman will have gotten to tell his story this time.

That said I don’t see this world ever being a 1-to-1 of what it was “supposed” to be. Some stuff obviously has changed too much to go back - Peter will never have been Spidey in his youth the way he was “supposed” to, DoomReed’s family are dead and are likely going to stay that way so no F4. Odin is dead, the Rasputins control Russia, I doubt this ends with the old nation-states returning.
    The beauty of this variable Ultimate Universe idea is that you can make it whatever you choose. There is no status quo you have to stick to. This is like a alternate reality Earth, and you can change the characters to a dog, an over weight hero Dinosaur hero, and have it take place in Old Man Logan world. There is no imperative to return it to 1610.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    The beauty of this variable Ultimate Universe idea is that you can make it whatever you choose. There is no status quo you have to stick to. This is like an alternate reality Earth, and you can change the characters to a dog, an over weight hero Dinosaur hero, and have it take place in Old Man Logan world. There is no imperative to return it to 1610.
    I can’t wait to get this book now that I know it features Lockjaw, Blob, and Reptil!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

How about Thor? Is he the original Ultimate Thor, or is he a lot more brutal, like the old Norse myth stories. Less personal and more angry?
    He’s closer in nature to 616 Thor with the caveat that Asgard views him as a traitor for opposing Loki’s rule. It’s Thor as the rebel rather than the paragon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The beauty of this variable Ultimate Universe idea is that you can make it whatever you choose. There is no status quo you have to stick to. This is like a alternate reality Earth, and you can change the characters to a dog, an over weight hero Dinosaur hero, and have it take place in Old Man Logan world. There is no imperative to return it to 1610.
    This makes it bold, fresh and exciting. I’m psyched for the new UU.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This makes it bold, fresh and exciting. I’m psyched for the new UU.
    I have to check it out, just hope it turns out better than the New 52's Earth 2
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s closer in nature to 616 Thor with the caveat that Asgard views him as a traitor for opposing Loki’s rule. It’s Thor as the rebel rather than the paragon.
    Thanks Vordan

I wonder if the inevitable Avengers in this new universe will still be called the Ultimates like in the OG Ultimate Universe or if they'll just be the Avengers like they are traditionally

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I wonder if the inevitable Avengers in this new universe will still be called the Ultimates like in the OG Ultimate Universe or if they'll just be the Avengers like they are traditionally
    The most logical answer would be the former, but then again the Stark/Stane Logo implies otherwise :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    The most logical answer would be the former, but then again the Stark/Stane Logo implies otherwise :P
    The logo was just a nod. The new comic will indeed be called "Ultimates".