Default Thor (depowered) runs an MCU gauntlet

A depowered Thor runs a gauntlet of a MCU gauntlet. He gets Stormbreaker which is also depowered except for its cutting ability.

Hawkeye (no bow)
    Luke Cage
    Falcon (no guns)
    M'backu
    Okoye
    Daredevil
    Cross Bones
    Drax
    Bucky
    T'Challa (no armour, with claws)
    Wakandan War Rhino
    Gamora (with sword)
    Shang Chi (no rings)
    Ironman (Mach 1)
    Steve Rogers

Wait… completely depowered? Like human stats?

Then what the hell is he doing in there with half of those guys?! Cap, T’Challa… they would eat him alive.

Unless this is old man Rogers.
    Chief Curmudgeon

So basically you must have a big good, that's a pretty good fighter and holds a really big hammer.

He's not making it past Hawkeye. In fact, he's not making it TO Hawkeye. Hawkeye has him down before he can close the distance between them.

De powerd he took down those guards but didn't really do anything that great fight wish he goes down hard

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Admittedly Clint as Ronin to me isn't Clint just taking a level in badass. It's just Clint completely putting away his sense of morals and just kill people he deemed as irredeemable scumbags with no hesitation.

Depowered 2011 Thor (not Ragnarok mental nerf Thor who thinks he's depowered) unfortunately doesn't convince me he'd get far. The narrative with Coulson annoyingly stating depowered Thor made many of his best agents look like punks was a nice way to set up how skilled he was...But the execution leaves a lot to be desired probably cause Steve Rogers in First Avenger is supposedly peak human and he just utterly blows depowered Thor out of the water. Arguably a case of early writing aging not so well, as Ragnarok Thor for most of the film probably fits better of what a depowered Thor should be despite the twist that he was never depowered as an humanoid alien warrior with combat experience beyond human lifespans.

So Nerfed Ragnarok Thor? Probably does well...Arguably very well. But 2011 Legit Depowered Thor? Just not impressive enough to convince me despite on paper supposedly close to Nerfed Ragnarok levels.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Pity this isn’t a depowered comic book Thor.

He was a bit of a monster.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Admittedly Clint as Ronin to me isn't Clint just taking a level in badass. It's just Clint completely putting away his sense of morals and just kill people he deemed as irredeemable scumbags with no hesitation.

Depowered 2011 Thor (not Ragnarok mental nerf Thor who thinks he's depowered) unfortunately doesn't convince me he'd get far. The narrative with Coulson annoyingly stating depowered Thor made many of his best agents look like punks was a nice way to set up how skilled he was...But the execution leaves a lot to be desired probably cause Steve Rogers in First Avenger is supposedly peak human and he just utterly blows depowered Thor out of the water. Arguably a case of early writing aging not so well, as Ragnarok Thor for most of the film probably fits better of what a depowered Thor should be despite the twist that he was never depowered as an humanoid alien warrior with combat experience beyond human lifespans.

So Nerfed Ragnarok Thor? Probably does well...Arguably very well. But 2011 Legit Depowered Thor? Just not impressive enough to convince me despite on paper supposedly close to Nerfed Ragnarok levels.
    I figured the axe might boost his odds. Ok what if we give him his Ragnorok stuff instead of just Thor 1 first Thor.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I figured the axe might boost his odds. Ok what if we give him his Ragnorok stuff instead of just Thor 1 first Thor.
    Mostly a 180.

He was kind of a monster despite his assumption of being depowered. Took hits from the Hulk, tore apart spaceships with his bare hands along with Valkyrie, held his own for a brief moment against Hela when she has destroyed Asgard's army and The Warriors Three?

Yeah, he would probably destroy most of the list.

Astonishing Member

I'm not too familiar with much of these (but know the likes of Winter Soldier Bucky and Shang Chi are a hell of a no), but I don't remember he would be able to make it against less bells and whistles action movie mains like John Wick or Robert McCall.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    A depowered Thor runs a gauntlet of a MCU gauntlet. He gets Stormbreaker which is also depowered except for its cutting ability.

Hawkeye (no bow)
    Luke Cage
    Falcon (no guns)
    M'backu
    Okoye
    Daredevil
    Cross Bones
    Drax
    Bucky
    T'Challa (no armour, with claws)
    Wakandan War Rhino
    Gamora (with sword)
    Shang Chi (no rings)
    Ironman (Mach 1)
    Steve Rogers
    I assume you are talking about what he was in the first movie when, even depowered, he was cakewalking through Shield agents.

In that case...

Hawkeye. Thor may win but Hawkeye was no slouch even without his bow.

I cannot remotely see how the depowered Thor stands the slightest chance against Luke Cage.

You are still giving the Falcon his flight and he now has training to become Captain America so the Falcon wins.

Daredevil wins.

Bucky with the cyber-arm? Bucky wins.

T'Challa gets the claws. I assume you mean he does not get anything that akes him superhuman. But I think the claws give T'Challa the edge, pun intended.

What can an unarmed and depowered Thor possibly do against the War Rhino?

Gamora with a weapon gives her the advantage.

Iron_Man? Really?

Steve Rogers/ Super Soldier who survives things easily that killed Thor had not he regained his powers?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm not too familiar with much of these (but know the likes of Winter Soldier Bucky and Shang Chi are a hell of a no), but I don't remember he would be able to make it against less bells and whistles action movie mains like John Wick or Robert McCall.
    John Wick would murder him Robert McCall I'm not sure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    John Wick would murder him Robert McCall I'm not sure
    Not to go too off-topic here because I also haven't watched Thor in a while, but Washington's McCall's schtick was dispatching entire groups of top mobsters/rogue government operatives/top GRU-Spetsnaz-whatever the first movie guys were, in the least amount of time (he timed his clock to 30 seconds or less) and with efficient movies, including accurate shooting, lethal stabbings, weapon stealing, bone breaking, and stalking them even in the middle of horrific weather, and by the third movie, nerve finger torturing. I only remember he struggled against a huge Russian guy in close quarters that was tanking McCall stabbing and grappling him, and he still killed him with more than enough juice to kill the main villain. That's why I thought he was a good pick. One thing is he might not necessarily have a gun as standard equipment to shoot Thor right away but that's because McCall is retired in general and doesn't always go with a weapon somewhere, but that's because he can steal weapons from targets or turn stuff into weapons. If he snatched depowered Thor's axe from him that would be a terrible way for him to die.