Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah, but this follow up to it was great.

The F.A.C.A.D.E. arc has always stuck in my head for some reason. I laughed my ass off when I first saw it and it's still funny now.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The F.A.C.A.D.E. arc has always stuck in my head for some reason. I laughed my ass off when I first saw it and it's still funny now.
    Yeah I recently read it now I understand the joke. But at least that arc made Betty cool and reintroduce her training from the time when she infiltrated The Foreigner organization
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

the single worst reveal in spider-man history was in "Spider-Man #97"

Aunt May was revealed to be alive and the first step in peter's degradation into a hollowed out husk of a character with nothing left to do began.

Everyone knows it should have been baby May that was found and rescued but Marvel are cowards and refuse to let Peter grow

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Kindred's identity as a Harry Clone AI something or other working with the twins *sigh*. That was a mess....
    I actually LIKED the reveal that Sarah was one of the two tactical-ninjas fighting Spider-Man in Sins Past. Pete knocks her down, yanks the mask off, then she sucker punches him and runs off while he's standing there like an idiot.

Honorable mention for best reveal: Aunt May discovering Peter's identity after he won his fight with Morlun. It was seriously one of those moments where you realize things are going to change. And it did. It's one of many things I wish they would actually bring back.

Best reveal: The swap between Peter and Otto. You really didn't see it coming. But when you re-read it, it makes absolute sense. Then two issue later Peter actually dies and you realize this is the Spider-Man we're going to have for a while. I remember the solicits at the time and the speculation as to what makes Peter "Superior".

By that token it would be pretty easy to say the worst reveal was that SpOck beat Osborn with his own OMD, but I'm going to instead go with the reveal that Aunt May is still alive. It was the first real indication that Marvel absolutely refused to let Peter grow up and move on. Even more annoying is the universe where baby May lived ended up spawning one of the more popular spider characters in quite some time.

Best reveal…

“Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Best reveal…

my favorite aunt may

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Best reveal…

God, they wasted JMS' The Conversation story for the sake of a dumb joke.

(These movies were such a disappointment.)

The majority probably won't agree, but a personal favorite would be Brock's revelation to Felicia concerning Pete's relationship status

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority probably won't agree, but a personal favorite would be Brock's revelation to Felicia concerning Pete's relationship status
    yeah that's gotta hurt cause prior to the reveal Felicia was trying to find Peter after she came back from Europe hoping to rekindle their relationship. She went to his old apartment then she stop by the apartment of Jonathan Caesar only to miss him

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah that's gotta hurt cause prior to the reveal Felicia was trying to find Peter after she came back from Europe hoping to rekindle their relationship. She went to his old apartment then she stop by the apartment of Jonathan Caesar only to miss him
    I know, right?! Eventually, Felicia had her own revelation when Flash sprung his surprise on Pete+MJ (LOL):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-09-2023 at 08:02 PM.

oh hey, it's Betty Boop! yay!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

One of the best was Harry’s “Gotcha!” when it was revealed he was Kindred. Alongside everything it hinted at, it was great.

The worst was the later revelation is was actually AI Harry using the twins to blah blah blah. No OMD addressing for another 10 years.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    One of the best was Harry’s “Gotcha!”
    The "Gotcha!" thing is so perfect (JMD, I believe). It's childish and playful and friendly and should totally undermine the seriousness of a situation but somehow makes it even darker. It plays so well into the contradictory mess Harry's mind is.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

For me, this will always be the best reveal in the series. Not a popular opinion, I am sure, but this was one of the most Peter Parker type of circumstances ever done.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.