Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was ok but Supergirl has been in a constant loop of "who am I" and "Im out of place"

Can we move on? Let Kara go to Superhero counseling to at least change things up as she attempts to live her life. Probably because why I have such a soft spot for her original 00s relaunch title since it had her finding herself, trying out different teams, getting her friend group (of other DC heroes). Let Kara be happy, get that supporting cast, let her be bffs with Cassie again.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was ok but Supergirl has been in a constant loop of "who am I" and "Im out of place"

Can we move on? Let Kara go to Superhero counseling to at least change things up as she attempts to live her life. Probably because why I have such a soft spot for her original 00s relaunch title since it had her finding herself, trying out different teams, getting her friend group (of other DC heroes). Let Kara be happy, get that supporting cast, let her be bffs with Cassie again.
    She needs a solo book again.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Indeed!

Def needs to different than the PG book tho…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Someone at DC needs to explain to me why a Power Girl boom is somehow “less of a risk” than a Supergirl one. Suppose if the sales are good maybe something might be coming next year. That they didn’t even tease anything coming at the end didn’t make me very happy all the same.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Indeed!

The Power Girl book needs to be different than the Power Girl book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Someone at DC needs to explain to me why a Power Girl boom is somehow “less of a risk” than a Supergirl one. Suppose if the sales are good maybe something might be coming next year. That they didn’t even tease anything coming at the end didn’t make me very happy all the same.
    There are probably two big reasons why they think that Power Girl is less of a risk than Supergirl.

All-New Member

And jackets. Don't forget about the jackets .
    I still say after the jackets are gone some writer is gonna have a character say something along the lines of, “hey, remember that time we all wore jackets for some reason?” Either that or some Members Only joke. Either would work.
    This whole Jacket Era reminds me of that background event from Supergirl and the Legion issue 19.

SG Jacket and Cape.jpg

Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Power Girl book needs to be different than the Power Girl book.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There are probably two big reasons why they think that Power Girl is less of a risk than Supergirl.
    The funny thing is they're writing Power Girl more like Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I don’t think that’s in continuity anymore, as Kara’s history has her debuting back when the original Teen Titans did, per World’s Finest. So Kara is closer to Dick Grayson and Powergirl’s age now. Not Tim Drake’s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don’t think that’s in continuity anymore, as Kara’s history has her debuting back when the original Teen Titans did, per World’s Finest. So Kara is closer to Dick Grayson and Powergirl’s age now. Not Tim Drake’s.
    But is that DC continuity or just Waid's take from Worlds Finest? Have we seen any reference to how all these debuts fit in or coordinate with each other.

Is Power Girl acknowledged outside of Johns' New Golden Age to have preceded Superman's public appearance?

Do we know who was Supergirl (if there was one) during Death/Reign? I'm assuming Matrix/Linda is no longer an option, but i could be wrong.

Have we seen Supergirl having any connection to anyone but Dick from the original Titans era? Wally? Donna? Even if Kara wasn't part of the team, you'd assume she had some rekationship if they were all sort of JLA-brats, even if it was just Kara found the team too insular and clique-iish or they all assumed she acted too "superior".