View Poll Results: Which Justice Society of America run do you prefer?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marc Guggenheim's 2010-2011 run, issues #44-54

3 12.00%
  • Geoff Johns' current run, The New Golden Age-to-issue #6

22 88.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Not even close...1000% for Geoff Johns. Love the book. Don't care if its late...it is great.
    Agreed. Though the tardiness of the book is a drag, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Story over anything else. This reminds me of the publishing gap between James Robinson's classic The Golden Age #2 and #3. As I recall, it was a loooong wait between issues. Now, all of these years later, what comes to mind when thinking of that evergreen is just how beautifully written and illustrated it was, not how long folks had to wait. I feel that the passage of time will be similarly kind to Johns and his latest run on JSA; wish we weren't losing him, but I wish him well and only hope DC can find a suitable replacement (Jeremy Adams, anyone?).
    Last edited by Stingo; 11-07-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Not even close...1000% for Geoff Johns. Love the book. Don't care if its late...it is great.
    I might agree, if I thought the current JSA run was great. For me the bit of recreating the Super-Squad years (mid-70's) falls flat when you are treating it like a bible for Power Girl (stories took place as published down to the date) but making it just a guideline for Huntress (set in possible future where the JSA/Batman ties are vague and shadowy) nad this six issue run feels like it was either too long for so little action or too short in that all the major ideas were covered between panels. The delays for me are just the another problem. If it was a good story with gaps between, I could overlook the gaps. This to me is like waiting all day for dessert and getting a single stale crumb.

I'm not sure I can say either is better. I dropped them both partway into the run because I didn't like the direction they took or what they did with the characters.